Do people actually read posts or just rant?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Do people actually read posts or just rant?

I would hate to see some of you at a coaching meeting....

lyon "so mini was a little quiet and his tackling pressure wasn't there.... should be perhaps look at eddy to create the pressure or send raph forward to create?"....

saintsational coach "...what you saying, mini is crap. what does the guy have to do, sheesh your so harsh on him...."

It's either one extreme or the other. Either we blame our players for everything under the sun (did you hear it was raph's fault for the recession) or we attack anyone who dares point out that improvement can come through different team make ups.

We are not geelong, we have not won 49 out of 53. There is some very talented players in the seconds. I really struggle with level of banter sometimes.

end of rant/

(btw I don't petend to know anything at all... just enjoy chatting football :P)

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
savatage
SS Life Member

So you're having a rant about people having a rant?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Do people actually read posts or just rant?

Solar wrote:I would hate to see some of you at a coaching meeting....

lyon "so mini was a little quiet and his tackling pressure wasn't there.... should be perhaps look at eddy to create the pressure or send raph forward to create?"....

saintsational coach "...what you saying, mini is crap. what does the guy have to do, sheesh your so harsh on him...."

It's either one extreme or the other. Either we blame our players for everything under the sun (did you hear it was raph's fault for the recession) or we attack anyone who dares point out that improvement can come through different team make ups.

We are not geelong, we have not won 49 out of 53. There is some very talented players in the seconds. I really struggle with level of banter sometimes.

end of rant/

At least i answered your Mini question without having a go at you for a change. Nothing wrong with what you wrote as you just asked for opinions.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

end of rant/

At least i answered your Mini question without having a go at you for a change. Nothing wrong with what you wrote as you just asked for opinions.
for once this was not aimed at you :D that was the most interesting thing you have written on here and if that was 70% of your posting I would never have a go at you :D

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Agreed.

Apparently it is impossible to drop anyone only due to the fact we are winning. Unfortunately that is the view also shared by the coaching staff. Pity.

We are playing with fate by leaving the quality we have dwindle in the reserves....Clarke doing his knee has already been a slap in the face, especially after three or so best on ground performances.

Just because we are winning doesn't mean the team is the best it can be.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

end of rant/

for once this was not aimed at you :D that was the most interesting thing you have written on here and if that was 70% of your posting I would never have a go at you :D
I must be friggin boring than.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

I think Grant Thomas was good for the club at the time but in many ways it was appropriate to look for another coach after 2006.

Although 2007 wasn't much of a spectacle I feel good about where the club is at now with Ross Lyon's style having been refined to suit our list a little more.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:I think Grant Thomas was good for the club at the time but in many ways it was appropriate to look for another coach after 2006.

Although 2007 wasn't much of a spectacle I feel good about where the club is at now with Ross Lyon's style having been refined to suit our list a little more.
sterling work on the thread hijack!

asiu

sterling work on the thread hijack!
lol , i thought it spoke to and answered the thread topic perfectly