Time to Take the Lid Off. We're Going Top!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

farquhar
Club Player

Time to Take the Lid Off. We're Going Top!!!!

Yep, we are going to win the flag!

Let's not kid ourselves, we are going top. Don't be modest, no one week at a time. This is our year, let's embrace the expectation and enjoy the ride to the Grand Final. Don't be soft, let's lap it up.

Let's not fall into the 'keep a lid on it' and play down expectations. Real winners deal with expectations and get on with winning. Everyone laughed at Hawthorn when they said they were after a 10th flag. No one laughs now.

We're gonna win the cup.

Loyal
Club Player

the job is only 1/3 done but yes we are going to win the premiership in 2009 8-)

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

You make an interesting point. This club has spent so much time at the wrong end of the ladder that we're afraid to get ahead of ourselves in case it goes wrong. Teams don't win flags with that attitude.
What's wrong with expecting to make the grand final. We've made three prelinms in five years. Given where we stand right now we should make the grand final. Once we get there it's a two horse race and we've got as good a chance as anyone.
CMON SAINTS THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!!
BELIEVE OR BURN!!!!!

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

My lid is still firmly on.

I have been looking at this season as 5 distinct seasons.

1) Round 1-7 = Our start

2) Round 8 - 14 = Consolidation and some experimentation

3) Round 15 - 21 = settling our best 25 for finals footy

4) Round 22 = refresh (play players ranked 23 to 30 to examine depth)

5) FINALS

We had an outstanding first season and our second season has started well. Before Round 14 we should see how we function with Hudghton, Maguire, Armitage, R.Clarke and McEvoy.

By round 14, our best 25 should be settled and should play together as much as possible during this period to establish patterns and rhythms.

My lid will come off after Round 21 if we have won 16+ games and are top 2 with minimal injury concerns.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Loyal
Club Player

flip ur lid BackFromUSA you'll feel better. :P

BakesFan
SS Life Member

The lid was loosened after the Crows game... I threw it in the air after the Port Power game... 2 trips to AAMI for two monstering wins did it for me.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

Apologies but lid firmly on!

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
noblejohn
Club Player

Start saving your dollars now. At least 3 finals games this year and all will be in melbourne. $400 pp should cover it for premium seating

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long
saint3d
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote:4) Round 22 = refresh (play players ranked 23 to 30 to examine depth)
I dare you to be the guy who tells half a dozen players they've been 'rested' from a training session at the MCG the week before the finals begin.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Never flirt with form. I like the fact that they are cautious with injuries. But the players realise that if they go down, they might not get back in the side!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I just want to be a game clear of Geelong when we play them..or just for a week sometime..anytime

GO Doggies this Fri night!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Superboot
SS Life Member

I don't think my lid can come off, not until we are in front in the GF and the final siren sounds.

I've been a Saints supporter for a very long time.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Lid stays on until round 14 - Geelong.

saint vince
Club Player

I think my lid feelings are explained by my sig :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

My lid will come off after Round 21 if we have won 16+ games and are top 2 with minimal injury concerns.
Add to this that when we play Geelong and compete - not necessarily win, as good as that would be - but really, really compete all day and I'm on your page.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

looking at some of the avatars - cant we organise a lids off - we're going topless!!! party?

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Loyal
Club Player

flipped my LID when banger went to carlton have not been the same since....

bigred
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:My lid is still firmly on.

I have been looking at this season as 5 distinct seasons.

1) Round 1-7 = Our start

2) Round 8 - 14 = Consolidation and some experimentation

3) Round 15 - 21 = settling our best 25 for finals footy

4) Round 22 = refresh (play players ranked 23 to 30 to examine depth)

5) FINALS

We had an outstanding first season and our second season has started well. Before Round 14 we should see how we function with Hudghton, Maguire, Armitage, R.Clarke and McEvoy.

By round 14, our best 25 should be settled and should play together as much as possible during this period to establish patterns and rhythms.

Spot on.

Great post. This is how we should all be looking at it.

thoroughly enjoyed the first season.

Looking forward to some solid consolidation. :P

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Just when you think our supporter base finally gets how footy works...

Let's hope the players can stay more focussed than some of our fans.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

I tried to throw the lid off - but there was this big angry alleycat sitting on it staring daggers at me!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I will not take my lid off :D

saint vince
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:Just when you think our supporter base finally gets how footy works...

Let's hope the players can stay more focussed than some of our fans.
I'll tell you how foty works for me. I buy a membership. I go when I can family and work permitting. I scream m lungs out and love it when we win. If I want to talk about how we are going to win the flag then I will.

I am sick of being told that we are the same old saints and we will lose and we will let oselves down. It is all bulls@#t. Me beng excited about being a good side has any impact on how we actually lay then the club should just fold.

As supporters we are meant to be excited not always concerned about what is around the corner. I bet if oter clubs were 8-0 then there whole supporter base would e crowing about how good they are.

If at the end of the year we don't win the flag then at least we have won some games along te way. I have seen too many St.Klda seasons when we have only won less that 8 games.

Go the saints.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:I will not take my lid off :D

Just for the record, personally my lid is off....

EvertonFC this one is for you :wink:

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

I'll tell you how foty works for me. I buy a membership. I go when I can family and work permitting. I scream m lungs out and love it when we win. If I want to talk about how we are going to win the flag then I will.

I am sick of being told that we are the same old saints and we will lose and we will let oselves down. It is all bulls@#t. Me beng excited about being a good side has any impact on how we actually lay then the club should just fold.

As supporters we are meant to be excited not always concerned about what is around the corner. I bet if oter clubs were 8-0 then there whole supporter base would e crowing about how good they are.

If at the end of the year we don't win the flag then at least we have won some games along te way. I have seen too many St.Klda seasons when we have only won less that 8 games.

Go the saints.
Amen Brother, I've seen years ans years of absolute misery, we are not the players we are the supporters, we are 8 zip, huge percentage with the rest of the comp looking up at us, lets make some bloody noise.....If it all goes pear shaped we pull our heads in.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

I'm not holding back!! It's my job to be as annoying as possible by droning on and on about how good The Saints are..... because they ARE that GOOD!!

Attending Primary School in Victoria during the 70's and High School during the 80's was no joy for a Saints supporter; but the few of us stuck together and became stronger people as a result.
Life has thrown nothing at me that I can't cop; and I've had a few good knocks.

Every Blues, Pies & Bombers supporter is fair game this year!! I don't G.A.F about their multiple Premierships... I live in the now... and now they all suck!!

My Saints are the GUN Team in the comp and no-one's gonna stop me from letting the world know.

GO SAINTERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)