Kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Kosi

Albeit I think the bloke is a champion of our club , I had thought in previous years the bloke was a bit "fragile".
He seems a lot stronger this year , certainly looks it in his physique and his form .

An opposition barracker said to me a few weeks ago that he would be injured soon. Can imagine my reply to him.

So , can someone enlighten me as to why this guy this morning is reminding me of this saying he is injured ??
I have no information on Kosi being injured ?? Is he ??
Last edited by VietNam_Saint on Fri 05 Jun 2009 2:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

What will be next from this club ?
Beekay
SS Life Member

Think you've been roasting a bit too much in the Egyptian sun, mate.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Probably because that bloke is a mindless tool.

Kosi looks match fit & match hardened. He hits the contest now & creates the hurt, not receives it.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I dont think he is a champion of our club

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:I dont think he is a champion of our club
True but a match winner....

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Fair point Clarky ,, wrongly worded , I do not want to dilute what a champion to our club is.
Last edited by VietNam_Saint on Fri 05 Jun 2009 2:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

What will be next from this club ?
spert
Saintsational Legend

I think Kozi is a very good and important player but not a champion.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Disagree...
A champion can be defined as "a person who fights for or defends any person or cause". I think that Kosi fits that bill.

In the strictest sense (a person who has defeated all opponents in a competition or series of competitions, so as to hold first place), we have no champions at the club (except for King and Schneider)

yipper
SS Life Member

Looked at him close up last week (on the fence at Carrara) he looks seriously fit, hungry and well.. big.

A big bag is just around the corner for him - hopefully tomorrow arvo actually!! He is a matchwinner for us. Combining superbly with Roo this season, which is a credit to our new forwardline coach.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
Disagree...
A champion can be defined as "a person who fights for or defends any person or cause". I think that Kosi fits that bill.

In the strictest sense (a person who has defeated all opponents in a competition or series of competitions, so as to hold first place), we have no champions at the club (except for King and Schneider)
Maybe in that sense but I think that is for individual sports. Kosi is an important player to our side but he is no champion. He is a good player who is important to our structure.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

yipper wrote: A big bag is just around the corner for him
there are lines there but it's just too easy.......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
saint vince
Club Player

The big fella was just on an interviw on SEN very quick but entertaining. Stated he hasn't been injured for 2 and a half years and is sick of people saying he is injury prone. It just isn't true.

yipper
SS Life Member

True Believer wrote:
yipper wrote: A big bag is just around the corner for him
there are lines there but it's just too easy.......
Well I would have expect all you more witty types to have pounced all over that!! I meant ....err...goals. A big bag of goals!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
saintly_safes
Club Player

The Kosi factor has raised its ugly head again. WTF do you want from the guy. He has been injury free kicking important goals & more than pulling his weight. The champion talk is in the eyes of the beholder , in my opinion hes a champion but for some strange reason even saint supporters doubt him . He has been injury prone I'll give you that , but this year the bloke has delivered & people are still not happy .Give the bloke a break we are 10 zip.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintly_safes wrote:The Kosi factor has raised its ugly head again. WTF do you want from the guy. He has been injury free kicking important goals & more than pulling his weight. The champion talk is in the eyes of the beholder , in my opinion hes a champion but for some strange reason even saint supporters doubt him . He has been injury prone I'll give you that , but this year the bloke has deivered & people are still not happy .Give the bloke a break we are 10 zip.
He is an important player but give me a reason why he is a cchampion. Even this year I doubt he would be in our top 8 players for the year or if he is he would be 7 or 8. An important player for the club but no champion.

saintly_safes
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
saintly_safes wrote:The Kosi factor has raised its ugly head again. WTF do you want from the guy. He has been injury free kicking important goals & more than pulling his weight. The champion talk is in the eyes of the beholder , in my opinion hes a champion but for some strange reason even saint supporters doubt him . He has been injury prone I'll give you that , but this year the bloke has deivered & people are still not happy .Give the bloke a break we are 10 zip.
He is an important player but give me a reason why he is a cchampion. Even this year I doubt he would be in our top 8 players for the year or if he is he would be 7 or 8. An important player for the club but no champion.
Important player is a generalisation.They are all important players but champions lift went it counts & imo he has done that on many occassions. The lions game this year is only one of many he has already kicked 3 , tough shot to get us back in the contest & nails it.Gives the team a real lift & we go on a win the game . I dont expect you to agree with me & friendly banter is what this site is for . 90 % of the time im on your side this time im not :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintly_safes wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Important player is a generalisation.They are all important players but champions lift went it counts & imo he has done that on many occassions. The lions game this year is only one of many he has already kicked 3 , tough shot to get us back in the contest & nails it.Gives the team a real lift & we go on a win the game . I dont expect you to agree with me & friendly banter is what this site is for . 90 % of the time im on your side this time im not :wink:
Champions also get the ball what ever the situation and also I dont know one champion who in 9 years has never finsihed top 8 in the B&F. I would love him to become a champ but he is never going to get there. What he hopefully will do is win a flag and than I couldnt give a stuff if he never gets near being a champ.

saintly_safes
Club Player

He hasnt had a injury free year for so long he couldnt possibly be a top 10 finisher in most years. This year he's on the money & its only round 10 & unless hes injured again :cry: I'm thinking top 5 :idea: Big call I know but I have faith in this bloke & I reckon he will deliver :wink:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saint vince wrote:The big fella was just on an interviw on SEN very quick but entertaining. Stated he hasn't been injured for 2 and a half years and is sick of people saying he is injury prone. It just isn't true.
If that's the case, what was he doing for the last 2 seasons?
He definitely wasn't contributing and if fit, why was he not contributing?

Glad to see he has finally extracted the digit and is contributing.

Maybe it's because he is not, never has been and never will be a ruckman.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintly_safes
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
saint vince wrote:The big fella was just on an interviw on SEN very quick but entertaining. Stated he hasn't been injured for 2 and a half years and is sick of people saying he is injury prone. It just isn't true.
If that's the case, what was he doing for the last 2 seasons?
He definitely wasn't contributing and if fit, why was he not contributing?

Glad to see he has finally extracted the digit and is contributing.

Maybe it's because he is not, never has been and never will be a ruckman.
Have to agree with you Bernard (did I say that)Can pinch hit but never had the height or endurance to be a serious ruckman but we didnt have too many quality alternatives in those days.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintly_safes wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Champions also get the ball what ever the situation and also I dont know one champion who in 9 years has never finsihed top 8 in the B&F. I would love him to become a champ but he is never going to get there. What he hopefully will do is win a flag and than I couldnt give a stuff if he never gets near being a champ.

i think the term champion is often thrown around a bit loosely and should be reserved for only the very best of the best.

lockett, for example, was a champion. harvey was a champion. ian stewart was a champion. riewoldt is well on his way.

it's a tag that is earned by years of excellence.

in my definition plugger is right. kosi's a very good player for us, but not a champion.

saintly_safes
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintly_safes wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

i think the term champion is often thrown around a bit loosely and should be reserved for only the very best of the best.

lockett, for example, was a champion. harvey was a champion. ian stewart was a champion. riewoldt is on his way to being one.

it's a tag that is earned by years of excellence.

in my definition plugger is right. kosi's a very good player for us, but not a champion.
Good assessment , point taken :wink:

PJ
SS Life Member

injury prone
I think accident prone is a better description, which he seems to have overcome lately, he doesn't have a massive injury list just the odd strain. People just perceive that he is injured when actually his body holds up OK for a big man.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Huge bump

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I commented through the game, his biggest asset is his lack of peripheral vision... :lol:

When he has eyes for the ball, he doesn't care who he kills on the way through.

Is so much bigger and fitter this year and is a key to our success.