Drawing out straight Lyon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Richter
SS Life Member

Drawing out straight Lyon

Interesting article on Lyon by Rohan Connolly

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/dr ... 28115.html

THERE'S no great mystery, says Ross Lyon, about St Kilda's rise from just another team to a heavyweight, still unbeaten nearly halfway through the season. It's all about hard work and preparation.

etc.

---------------------------------------------

One bit I particularly liked.......
Ross Lyon wrote:They start to see the human side of you. Look, I'm down to earth and I'm working class, and I've got a family. I didn't come out of the elite football academy. I've got my feet on the ground. People certainly haven't bent over backwards over the last 15 years to do things for me because of a reputation. It's about building relationships with people, and trust, and civility.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Best article I have read on Ross thus far.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

good read

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

It is a good read...but like with most Lyon interviews he "undersells" himself.

While no doubt achieving workrate etc are key planks with Lyon...make no mistake that he is VERY switched on straegically.

One aspect I love about Lyon and have from Day 1 is that he has a clear vision about how he wants the team to play...and is relentless in going about achieving it....both in players (ie recruiting, drafting etc) as well as in how our players are required to play (gameplan and workrate...)

Yes there tweeks....but we are going in the direction that he has mapped out for us.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

what a great article.....
:)

Jezza25

Brilliant article.

Seems a grounded, down-to-earth bloke.

Good to see that sort getting success.

Not a troll
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

What was interesting about the article was that he didn't actively seek the job. if the Saints hadn't encouraged him to put in he wouldn't have applied.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:It is a good read...but like with most Lyon interviews he "undersells" himself.

While no doubt achieving workrate etc are key planks with Lyon...make no mistake that he is VERY switched on straegically.

One aspect I love about Lyon and have from Day 1 is that he has a clear vision about how he wants the team to play...and is relentless in going about achieving it....both in players (ie recruiting, drafting etc) as well as in how our players are required to play (gameplan and workrate...)

Yes there tweeks....but we are going in the direction that he has mapped out for us.
Great post, I agree 100%! Been a big fan of Ross since he has arrived at the Saints. His coaching performance has been 'pleasing' thus far. LOL

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Brilliant.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Still - I miss the belief cloud and wellness registers of the previous coach.

Who wouldn't?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
claystreet
Club Player

I dont miss anything about the previous coach

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

claystreet wrote:I dont miss anything about the previous coach
pfft - where is your belief cloud claystreet :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
claystreet
Club Player

Joffa i am stting on it :?