Best standing room areas?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Best standing room areas?

Haven't got a ticket for Friday night but thought I might just scan in with my AFL card and stand either on level one near the victory room or can someone reccommend a better spot from experience.Was wondering if there is anywhere on level 2 where you can stand.Have mates in the access one area who can hopefully find me a seat after half time with a bit of luck :wink:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i noticed at the North game that there are now a group of guys that stand behind the cheer squad singing.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
starsign
Club Player

better hurry cos I think its only standing room left ,and they will soon go
I tried a couple of weeks ago to get an Access1 seat with my MCC membership as I usually do and ticketmaster said they woulld go on sale today at 9am
No luck! today though!
its telling me they're not available
not sure if that means they are all gone or i'm not elligible cos its fully ticketed
Anyway I'm now in the same boat as I've grabbed a standing room ticket while I could instead
Like you though StPat got no idea where to head
Sounds like I might lend my voice behind the cheer squad then unless someone has any other good suggested spots to head for!!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

For some reason this season I've found myself standing for each game instead of sitting in my seat....

I generally follow the play to some extent. I must say its actually quite enjoyable.

Stand where you want, move where you want. Its great.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Thanks guys but does that mean I have to purchase a ticket in advance to stand somewhere.Assumed that being an AFL member I could just scan in ..not a ticketed game or is it??? :shock:

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:Thanks guys but does that mean I have to purchase a ticket in advance to stand somewhere.Assumed that being an AFL member I could just scan in ..not a ticketed game or is it??? :shock:
I am an AFL member as well but will only get in if there is room. We have no more rights than any other member so like you we have to make a choice whether we pre book or not.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saint patrick wrote:Thanks guys but does that mean I have to purchase a ticket in advance to stand somewhere.Assumed that being an AFL member I could just scan in ..not a ticketed game or is it??? :shock:
I am an AFL member as well but will only get in if there is room. We have no more rights than any other member so like you we have to make a choice whether we pre book or not.
Understand that plugger...just don't want to pay a booking fee if Its not neccessary...will rock up about 6 pm[and head to livewire] so shouldn't be a problem I hope.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Understand that plugger...just don't want to pay a booking fee if Its not neccessary...will rock up about 6 pm[and head to livewire] so shouldn't be a problem I hope.
Im pretty sure we are doing the same otherwise back home for 8.30 start which will be pretty annoying.

marksnsparks
Club Player

Stand in Livewire. If you get there early enough, camp yourself next to the glass window with 12 pots of the frothy stuff and a bucket (what goes in must come out but that's no reason to lose your spot).

Best seat in the place. Watched the rugby 7's from there during the commonwealth games for $10! Brilliant night which I can't remember....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

marksnsparks wrote:Stand in Livewire. If you get there early enough, camp yourself next to the glass window with 12 pots of the frothy stuff and a bucket (what goes in must come out but that's no reason to lose your spot).

Best seat in the place. Watched the rugby 7's from there during the commonwealth games for $10! Brilliant night which I can't remember....
How come all the great nights we never remember.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

the blues game is NOT ticketed. so all you have to do is scan your AFL Membership card and go stand where you want. saints fans are at the gate 3 end this week (coventry/southern cross station end) so you would find more saints fans standing around there
Last edited by saintdooley on Wed 10 Jun 2009 6:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
the blues game is NOT ticketed. so all you have to do is scan your AFL Membership card and go stand where you want. saints fans are at the gaye 3 end this week (coventry/southern cross station end) so you would find more saints fans standing around there
Dont start with the gaye thing again. Had enough of it in another thread.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
the blues game is NOT ticketed. so all you have to do is scan your AFL Membership card and go stand where you want. saints fans are at the gaye 3 end this week (coventry/southern cross station end) so you would find more saints fans standing around there
Dont start with the gaye thing again. Had enough of it in another thread.
lol typo. will fix that up

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Stop being so tight fellas!

You must be scottish???

Think of paying the $5 booking fee as insurance....it's a no-brainer IMO.

What's $5 at Jihad? Half a beer, a third of pie? :lol:

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Go and stand at Aisle 38 and do to the Carlton supporters what we cop each week from the opposition supporters who stand and sit on the rails.

And may you give them hell throughout the game :twisted:

starsign
Club Player

ozrulestrace wrote:Go and stand at Aisle 38 and do to the Carlton supporters what we cop each week from the opposition supporters who stand and sit on the rails.

And may you give them hell throughout the game :twisted:
Great idea!!