The Great Troll Phobia

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

The Great Troll Phobia

Seems to be a assumption more and more that any newish poster with a small post count must be a troll until proven otherwise..

My view is to give anyone the benefit of the doubt until its obvious they are here just to shyte stir which is generally fairly obvious.

Recently there have been some fair questions or reasonable statements made by new posters that are shot down without any real evidence that they are trolls...

Personally I am unconcerned by their presence in any case...if I think anyones a troll I generally ignore them and don't feed their obvious need for attention and to get a reaction.

Just think we are probably burning some good new posters including young ones unfairly in the interests of upholding some sort of witchhunt mentality...

Troll alert!!!!Troll Alert!!!! :shock: :roll:

Has become a way of vilifying anyone we don't agree with... :x

Sure they are here but lets not be too hasty to make that judgement without more than a gut feel...

May'be a pm could be employed to confirm suspicions but its boring and uneccessary to get off topic to tell all of us what we probably already know..

70% OF THREADS HIGHJACKED THIS WAY!! :roll:

This Troll phobia along with the spelling police re our younger posters /and the trading of insults between 2 posters with the threat of reports to the mods/adds nothing of any value to Saintsational..

Don't mean to be preachy but thought it neede to be said :wink:

Bring on the footy :? Go Saints :twisted:
Last edited by saint patrick on Thu 11 Jun 2009 4:41pm, edited 2 times in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

That's a suspiciously small avatar.

Not troll profiling though. Just... observing.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Completely agree St. Pat,
There have been a couple that IMO seemed perfectly reasonable, however we do have to be very cautious ahead of a Carlton match.

God help us if we lose!!

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:That's a suspiciously small avatar.

Not troll profiling though. Just... observing.
Lol...pay that Cowboy :D

Any upsizing advice to an unsavee computer dunce would be appreciated :wink:

Not that Size really matters .... :wink:

...... much

:oops: 8-)

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
GrumpyOne

Re: The Great Troll Phobia

saint patrick wrote: the trading of insults between 2 posters with the threat of reports to the mods/adds nothing of any value to Saintsational..
Completely disagree.

You would have to be a todger-tugging numbnut to think that.

And I'm going to report you to the mods for saying that.

:wink: :D

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:Seems to be a assumption more and more that any newish poster with a small post count must be a troll until proven otherwise..

My view is to give anyone the benefit of the doubt until its obvious they are here just to shyte stir which is generally fairly obvious.

Recently there have been some fair questions or reasonable statements made by new posters that are shot down without any real evidence that they are trolls...

Personally I am unconcerned by their presence in any case...if I think anyones a troll I generally ignore them and don't feed their obvious need for attention and to get a reaction.

Just think we are probably burning some good new posters including young ones unfairly in the interests of upholding some sort of witchhunt mentality...

Sure they are here but lets not be too hasty to make that judgement without more than a gut feel...

May'be a pm could be employed to confirm suspicions but its boring and uneccessary to get off topic to tell all of us what we probably already know..

This Troll phobia along with the spelling police re our younger posters /and the trading of insults between 2 posters with the threat of reports to the mods/adds nothing of any value to Saintsational..

Good post st pat.

Its quite clear the 'troll' defense comes out when particular posters can't seem to comprehend fair and reasonable criticism of the Saints.

Why be level headed, reasonable and honest when you can be blindly biased.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
saint patrick wrote: the trading of insults between 2 posters with the threat of reports to the mods/adds nothing of any value to Saintsational..
Completely disagree.

You would have to be a todger-tugging numbnut to think that.

And I'm going to report you to the mods for saying that.

:wink: :D

Like the eye flickering before a migraine I can feel a thread jacking coming on...

I know !I know ! I asked for it :oops: :roll: :wink:

markp
Saintsational Legend

From Wiki;
Trolls can be costly in several ways. A troll can disrupt the discussion on a newsgroup, disseminate bad advice, and damage the feeling of trust in the newsgroup community. Furthermore, in a group that has become sensitized to trolling — where the rate of deception is high — many honestly naïve questions may be quickly rejected as trollings. This can be quite off-putting to the new user who upon venturing a first posting is immediately bombarded with angry accusations. Even if the accusation is unfounded, being branded a troll is quite damaging to one's online reputation.
All the trolls are to blame.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:Seems to be a assumption more and more that any newish poster with a small post count must be a troll until proven otherwise..

they were/are trolls mate.returning to the site with new nicks.........and they will disappear into the night after we thrash carlscum this weekend....i can tell you who one of the arseholes was and joffa picked the other one.........needed to be said too..... :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Cowboy18, you've encouraged me to come out of the cupboard at last.

I can't hide my true feelings any longer..................

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Milton66
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:

they were/are trolls mate.returning to the site with new nicks.........and they will disappear into the night after we thrash carlscum this weekend....i can tell you who one of the arseholes was and joffa picked the other one.........needed to be said too..... :wink: :lol:
Ho hum, there you go again. worng wrong wrong.

Reincarnated isn't your son in law.

As afr being a Carlton troll, i'll tell you what Oscar... bet you 10 large that I'm a saints member of long standing.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Completely agree St. Pat,
There have been a couple that IMO seemed perfectly reasonable, however we do have to be very cautious ahead of a Carlton match.

....they weren't mate....reasonable that is....imhfo...... :twisted:

Rowdy
Club Player

One of the reasons l stopped posting, still read a lot on here, but that's it..........

"Our season is still alive," Lyon said. "It's not the end for Robert."

Harvey's mates stood listening to those words, perhaps planning to keep the AFL's longest career lingering a while yet. Then turned into softcocks and blew it YET again.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
Ho hum, there you go again. worng .

As afr being a Carlton troll, i'll tell you what Oscar... bet you 10 large that I'm a saints member of long standing.
oh i think joffa has your number wayne........wtf did you get your new nick from........milton is a scummie run down little rat hole in hicksville new south wales.......sounds like you would be at home there... :twisted:

Milton66
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

oh i think joffa has your number wayne........wtf did you get your new nick from........milton is a scummie run down little rat hole in hicksville new south wales.......sounds like you would be at home there... :twisted:
Sticks and stones, sticks and stones.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah Joffa's got my number, Oscar. I can change my nick as many times as I want, but you'll always be... well... you'll always be you. :lol:

Seriously though, if you stop taking potshots thru other comments, I might leave you alone... unless of course you want to back yourself in om your threat to make me cry. Odds are you're just a coward as I've said all along.

If you actually think that your insults actually upset me, then you're p1ssing in the wind, pal.

And I was refering to Reincarnated. He's not your son in law. He's someone completely different than your feeble paranoid little mind suspects.

The joke's on you Oscar!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now give us a kiss and let's be friends. :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

Yeah Joffa's got my number, Oscar. I can change my nick as many times as I want, but you'll always be... well... you'll always be you. :lol:

Seriously though, if you stop taking potshots thru other comments, I might leave you alone... unless of course you want to back yourself in om your threat to make me cry. Odds are you're just a coward as I've said all along.

If you actually think that your insults actually upset me, then you're p1ssing in the wind, pal.

And I was refering to Reincarnated. He's not your son in law. He's someone completely different than your feeble paranoid little mind suspects.

The joke's on you Oscar!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i don't have any son in laws .....and you can kiss your arse....... :twisted: :wink:...only coward around here is you wayne......betting you will be banned again before the seasons much older......

Milton66
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

The joke's on you Oscar!

i don't have any son in laws .....and you can kiss your arse....... :twisted: :wink:...only coward around here is you wayne......betting you will be banned again before the seasons much older......
whatever. :roll:

I guss that's the difference between you and me.

I'm on here for a bit of fun and discussion. If you think that being banned will affect my life, then you really deluded. :lol:

so you can take your little threats and shove 'em where the proctolgist if too afraid to go.

You on the other hand, havemad eover 17,000, yes SEVENTEEN THOUSAND posts, including cut n paste of news articles.

So at a rough guess, it's you who'd miss not being here. After all, this is where you can express the real you without fear of harm.

Let's be honest, this forum and the footy are the sum total of your "social" life.

You should consider joining FPA: Forum Posters Anonymous. :lol:

Now give us a kiss. :P

BTW, you're the one that made the threat on another thread. So u think I'm a coward, then like i said, feel free to pm me to catch up for a chat. :wink:

bergsone
SS Life Member

Thought it was normal to get called a troll when first coming on here.Happened to me,knew it wasnt a compliment,but didnt know what it meant,now do

Still here,but can understand why some arent,especially some younger one who have NOT deserved the abuse

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:ote]

You on the other hand, havemad eover 17,000, yes SEVENTEEN THOUSAND posts, including cut n paste of news articles.

BTW, you're the one that made the threat on another thread. So u think I'm a coward, then like i said, feel free to pm me to catch up for a chat. :wink:

ditto.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

17,000?,,,,nah.....way ...way more than that.......they lost their post count when we all re signed in.......in 2004........a lot of us were here many years before that....last century even.....

oh...i don't pm hicks.......... :wink:

Milton66
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:

17,000?,,,,nah.....way ...way more than that.......they lost their post count when we all re signed in.......in 2004........a lot of us were here many years before that....last century even.....

Carefull now, no winks.. people will think we've got a sense of humour. Don't dissapoint me.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

Carefull now, no winks.. people will think we've got a sense of humour. Don't dissapoint me.

how was your little holiday away from here wayne.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Longwayfromhome
Club Player

Jeez, there's some thin skinned bastards on this site. If you don't like the post, go and read the Herald Sun. Assuming U can read.

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

wow - 17000 posts in about 63 months :shock:

that's about 270 posts a month!

wow - 450 posts in around 20 days :shock:

that's about 675 posts a month!

are you in a marathon milton or a sprint? pace yourself! :wink:

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:wow - 17000 posts in about 63 months :shock:

He needs to go hard early as like a few of us he gets a few days rest which slows his everage down.
Last edited by plugger66 on Thu 11 Jun 2009 7:56pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:wow - 17000 posts in about 63 months :shock:

:wink: :wink: :wink: