Why I now hate Hawthorn (not that I didn't before)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Why I now hate Hawthorn (not that I didn't before)

Well it's simple, they won that damn Grand Final last year, if they had have lost, Geelong wouldn't be so damn insistent on trying to win this years premiership.
I'd even venture that if Geelong had won last years premiership we would be the only undefeated team in the competition right now.
So damn you Hawthorn, you cost us a flag in 71 and your insistance on winning last years premiership has made it much harder for us to win this years.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Why I now hate Hawthorn (not that I didn't before)

3rd generation saint wrote:Well it's simple, they won that damn Grand Final last year, if they had have lost, Geelong wouldn't be so damn insistent on trying to win this years premiership.
I'd even venture that if Geelong had won last years premiership we would be the only undefeated team in the competition right now.
So damn you Hawthorn, you cost us a flag in 71 and your insistance on winning last years premiership has made it much harder for us to win this years.
Brisbane won 3 in a row so Geelong winning last year may not have made our task any easier.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Yes but Brisbane got to play Collingwood twice in the Grand Final.

markp
Saintsational Legend

I think it makes it harder for geelong, as they know dropping this one will see them labelled forever as chokers and under-achievers.

If we do make it and happen to get a run on, they'll think "oh no, not again", and they'll proceed to try not to lose, which usually precedes actually losing.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Well it's simple, they won that damn Grand Final last year, if they had have lost, Geelong wouldn't be so damn insistent on trying to win this years premiership.

the way i look at it ...they did us a favour...shows that the snipers can be beaten...and put a huge dent in their own feeling of invincibility...... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Yes but Brisbane got to play Collingwood twice in the Grand Final.
:lol:

Saintschampions08
Club Player

That's extremely stupid...

If your going to look at it like that, Hawthorn would probably be top 3 had they not have won last year, making it harder for us...

Not only that, but Geelong would have a chance to be one of the greatest, if not the greatest teams in history by winning this year...

But the biggest reason, i hate Geelong more then Hawthorn, having to live with the fact that they won the premiership twice...forget about it...

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

I doubt the hawks would be any different if they lost last year considering all their injuries

Before Im 85
Beekay
SS Life Member

Saintschampions08 wrote:
That's extremely stupid...

If your going to look at it like that, Hawthorn would probably be top 3 had they not have won last year, making it harder for us...

Not only that, but Geelong would have a chance to be one of the greatest, if not the greatest teams in history by winning this year...

But the biggest reason, i hate Geelong more then Hawthorn, having to live with the fact that they won the premiership twice...forget about it...
thank god.. someone showing this user some sense.

Saintschampions08
Club Player

saintsrus wrote:I doubt the hawks would be any different if they lost last year considering all their injuries
They didn't lose to West Coast because of lack of personnel...

West coast just fought like their lives were on the line, they ran harder and supported each other better.

They look to be lacking spirit.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

The OP is absurd and the logic defies any semblance of basis or sanity.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Been thinking about this issue for a while... We have to get there 1st I guess. Good news is with 13 wins a spot in the finals is assured.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
ace
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Yes but Brisbane got to play Collingwood twice in the Grand Final.
AND we all know that anyone except S--- & Dung will beat Collingwood in a grand final.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Some effing stupid threads on this forum ATM and this ranks as the stupidest.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Think about it, if Geelong had have won last year, their heads, their arrogance would have grown to a possible impossible standard to maintain.
They would have started this year thinking they we're absolutely invincible and maybe believing that they only need to turn up to win.
They would have nothing to prove, yeah they might think they could go for three in a row, but arrogance and over confidence may have been their downfall.
Could have all started with round 1 with Hawthorn seeking a bit of revenge.
Speaking of Hawthorn, one of the reasons I believe they are not doing as well this year is that teams have learnt how to counter Clarksons tactics.
But getting back to Geelong, because they lost, and with the knowledge that they know they should not have lost, they have a lot more to prove this year and are driven much harder than they might have been.
Which makes the task of beating them for it much harder in my opinion.
They believe that they are one of the greatest teams of all time, a win last year would have fulfilled this belief to a great extent.
But instead they lost and therefore feel the need to fulfill their perceived destiny with greatness.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:But instead they lost and therefore feel the need to fulfill their perceived destiny with greatness.
All the better when we smash them senseless then in the Grand Final ...... that's if they make it of course

I will also look forward to being to able to label them as the "ultimate chokers" and also throw in a very satisfying - "Chappy you bald headed git you were dead wrong!!!"

I am sorry 3gs but the Hawks did everyone a favour!!!

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

3rd generation saint wrote:Think about it, if Geelong had have won last year, their heads, their arrogance would have grown to a possible impossible standard to maintain.
They would have started this year thinking they we're absolutely invincible and maybe believing that they only need to turn up to win.
They would have nothing to prove, yeah they might think they could go for three in a row, but arrogance and over confidence may have been their downfall.
Could have all started with round 1 with Hawthorn seeking a bit of revenge.
Speaking of Hawthorn, one of the reasons I believe they are not doing as well this year is that teams have learnt how to counter Clarksons tactics.
But getting back to Geelong, because they lost, and with the knowledge that they know they should not have lost, they have a lot more to prove this year and are driven much harder than they might have been.
Which makes the task of beating them for it much harder in my opinion.
They believe that they are one of the greatest teams of all time, a win last year would have fulfilled this belief to a great extent.
But instead they lost and therefore feel the need to fulfill their perceived destiny with greatness.
What about St. Kilda's perceived destiny of this being the squad to finally take us to our second flag in history? This campaign that started blowing steam at the tail of the 2003 season, yet we still haven't made the grand final! We have just as much to fight for as Geelong, more if anything. While for Geelong it's about seeking redemption for not winning back-to-back flags when they should of, ours is about winning the flag, period! If that's not enough motivation than we will never get a second premiership!

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
StSteven
Club Player

My Geelong friends enjoy reminding me of Gt's famous "I can smell the premierships" ( 3 in next few years).
If we win this year they will shut up. If we choke again I will leave the country. i wish we haddone as well as they did. Maybe 2009.

carnasaints55
Club Player

The main reason I hate Hawthorn: They beat harves in his last match at the club. Enough said.

roo=god