Geelong's Andrew Mackie .. !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Geelong's Andrew Mackie .. !!

... was reported to have said at a function last week that StKilda was OVER-RATED

I believe he is sitting down to a very large serving of HUMBLE PIE !! today :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I dont know about that Eastern.

When we beat them in 2004 in the Wizzy Wok Cup, Chapman came out and stated that they were better than the Saints.

Two weeks later we thumped them by 10 goals. Arrogance is a hard thing to displace.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Well Mackie was never going to say the alternative was he? If he wasn't going into the game confident then he shouldn't have been playing.

He was pretty good yesterday I thought too. I'd not rated him much before, but he impressed me yesterday.

But yes, assuming he actually said those words, he might be having second thoughts now.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Arrogance is a hard thing to displace.
Nothing wrong with arrogance in football terms.

All the successful teams have arrogance, that 'strut' of the winner.

I hope we have some degree of earned arrogance in about three months time.....

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:... I'd not rated him much before, but he impressed me yesterday..
I had. He's the key to their run from the backline running deeper into attack than any other and almost never misses with his kicks.

A first round draft pick from 2002 (pick 7), when he moved from attack to defence he hasn't looked back. Some of their backline does tend to dismiss oppositions (Scarlett, Milburn and Mackie) and up until last year's GF they were right. Not any more.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Well Mackie was never going to say the alternative was he? If he wasn't going into the game confident then he shouldn't have been playing.

He was pretty good yesterday I thought too. I'd not rated him much before, but he impressed me yesterday.
Yes, I agree, I thought he was terrific yesterday.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
wallbanger
Club Player

He was very good yesterday and is a very consustent player, but as a bloke he is right up there with Scarlett as a toss pot.

A few years back, when he got snared, sprayed with capsicum and locked up for drunk by the local constabulary, he started the confrontation with the boys in blue with following words....

"So, you want a shot at the title?"

Say no more.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

wallbanger wrote:He was very good yesterday and is a very consustent player, but as a bloke he is right up there with Scarlett as a toss pot.

A few years back, when he got snared, sprayed with capsicum and locked up for drunk by the local constabulary, he started the confrontation with the boys in blue with following words....

"So, you want a shot at the title?"

Say no more.

coppers love locking up wankers like that....... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
StSteven
Club Player

He is amazing given he has such a slight frame for an AFL footballer. Very intelligent player.

saintjake
Club Player

ive never rated him at all.
lol,
better with the defence, doesnt make the defence better

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Hold On a minute.........

Who was Mackie's oppenent yesterday? McQualter, who kicked one goal and had 4 or 5 goal assists? !!

westcoastwizard
Club Player

Hey Mackie is a good player and was awesome yesterday, the Cats are a good team loosing 7 games in three years is an awesome effort, but if they win the flag this year, i can call them one of the great teams

I think the Sts are one of the teams (the others being the Doggies and Pies) who can beat the cats, the cats forwards apart from Steve J and Chappy are nothing special.

THe real winner will come down on the last day in September, if the Saints can stay fit then look out they will be unbetable.