Jack Barker...what a champ!!!!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

How good is it seeing dear Jack Barker fronting up to all our games?
I was flattered and humbled to have the great man say to me on Saturday night: "where have you been mate? go and rev 'em up" (I'd spent the first half up on level three with some good pals that I hadn't seen for a year or two) If ever the lads needed a good reason to win the flag (aside from the obvious :roll: ) then its giving blokes like Jack the reward for their loyalty!
GO SAINTS!!!!!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
GrumpyOne

Re: Jack Barker...what a champ!!!!!!!!

thejiggingsaint wrote:How good is it seeing dear Jack Barker fronting up to all our games?
I was flattered and humbled to have the great man say to me on Saturday night: "where have you been mate? go and rev 'em up" (I'd spent the first half up on level three with some good pals that I hadn't seen for a year or two) If ever the lads needed a good reason to win the flag (aside from the obvious :roll: ) then its giving blokes like Jack the reward for their loyalty!
GO SAINTS!!!!!!!!
Hadn't seen Jack for about nine or ten months. Age appears to be catching him up fast.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

legend of a legend 8-)

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Dave we were worried with your absence, but like always you came through and revved up the social club.
We are lucky to have you sit there and do the things you do, we even had a clown behind us telling us to sit down after jumping up after a goal, as they couldnt see :shock: Geez get a life..........

Did you hear the comment when you took your hat off after another lifting goal, someone yelled out for you to grow some hair :D

Before Im 85
GrumpyOne

saintsrus wrote:Dave we were worried with your absence, but like always you came through and revved up the social club.
We are lucky to have you sit there and do the things you do, we even had a clown behind us telling us to sit down after jumping up after a goal,as they couldnt see :shock:

It was a win that even the coaching staff were surprised (the last quarter).

Did you hear the comment when you took your hat off after another lifting goal, someone yelled out for you to grow some hair :D
Go easy on the old Jigster srus.... he rubs fertilizer on his head every night as it is.....

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Age is catching up with us all Grumpy, but I agree that Jack is appearing to be quite frail, but the determination and braveheart are as strong as ever!
Incidentally its a while since I've seen Ted Whitten Jr. and I thought age is catching up with him too!. Godd to see them both on the pitch at games end...a pity that the presentation wasn't made more of! I would dearly love to see the Saints crowd give Jack the full treatment of a standing ovation!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i hope roo gets him out on the ground and they give him the cup and get a team photo all around him 8-) 8-)

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Hey Michael (saintrus)! You should have told him I had a full mane of jet-black hair before I started following the Saints :lol: (Yeah-yeah!!) :lol:

markinUSA
SS Life Member

I met Jack and his wife in Brisbane many many years ago... maybe 1995. It was a wonderful experience. They were both so kind, friendly and welcoming, it was a marvellous experience.

I will always have a special place in my heart for him. What a good bloke.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

By the look of things, Jack is hanging on to see that second premiership. If we do it, how about the AFL get him up to the podium to present the medals and cup! Anyone have a more appropriate suggestion?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:By the look of things, Jack is hanging on to see that second premiership. If we do it, how about the AFL get him up to the podium to present the medals and cup! Anyone have a more appropriate suggestion?
It would be a great idea but doubt he would be well enough. Looked extremely sick on Saturday night.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Sadly, P66 I think you may be right. I know Jeans, the cowboy, the 'doc, Verdun Howell and Neil Roberts would all be worthy of the honour, but Jack Barker and his mighty son are surely the greatest expression of what this club is all about.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I have been honored in the past to have been able to have a brief chat with both Jack and his son.
Both down to earth top blokes.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Jack is going nowhere until he sees our boys doing the victory lap on grand final day -on yer Jack!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
White Winmar wrote:By the look of things, Jack is hanging on to see that second premiership. If we do it, how about the AFL get him up to the podium to present the medals and cup! Anyone have a more appropriate suggestion?
It would be a great idea but doubt he would be well enough. Looked extremely sick on Saturday night.
Very true but the positive is that he may not be declining too fast, and may hang on, sorry WILL hang on until September.

That's all that matters eh? :)

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Was interviewed on the big screeen after the game..and got a warm round of applause form those still at the ground

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor