Sydney Fan's Poor Behaviour...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Sydney Fan's Poor Behaviour...

I know this got a mention by some of you guys who went to the SCG...can anyone tell me why something wasn't done about it during the game?

It's nice to see the AFL plan to 'look at vision' after the fact, but what if this had cost us the game?

Why is action always taken AFTER something happens to us? Why are rules always changed AFTER something happens to us? Honestly, the club should ask for a please explain, if nothing was seen to be done on the day...'looking at vision' is complete bulls***.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 51,00.html

Sydney Swans fans under scrutiny for delaying St Kilda kick-ins
By Sam Edmund
August 03, 2009 A year after the AFL threatened cheer squads with eviction if they delayed kick-ins after a point is scored, Sydney Swans supporters were at it again.

On several occasions on Saturday night a group of Swans fans deliberately threw footballs that had been kicked into the crowd back on to the field just as St Kilda players were about to restart play with a new ball.

The tactic cost the Saints at least two clear takeaways from defence as play was stopped to clear the second ball from the field of play.

An AFL spokesman said any fan caught deliberately delaying a kick-in would be removed from the stadium.

The spokesman said vision of the Sydney-St Kilda game could be looked at this week.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Sorry, missed this thread when I searched the posts below:

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=54606

Doens't seem like anyone did much about it at the time, apart from pick up the balls after they were thrown. I agree, if it's the cheers squad, the Sydney FC should be fined. Anything less would constitute collusion, wouldn't it?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

agreed
theres enough cameras around.
in fact, take the membership away if they have one

they wont do it again.
sore losers are the afl love child supporters

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

Nice to know that their night ended in tears.
They were sooo close to being the team that ended the all-conquering Saints record winning streak, & in the end we collected another lazy 4 points Couldn't have happened to a better mob...NEXT

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

Hi all

Thought I would add my 2 cents worth in on this thread.

I went up to Sydney for the match and got stuck sitting with a bunch of drunken idiots who weren't there to support anyone.

The language that was coming out of these blokes mouths was nothing short of inflammatory towards fellow Saints supporters (including females), not to mention the absolute stream of insults directed to our blokes. I have been going and watching the Saints steadily for 30 odd years and have never felt threatened by sections of the crowd before. Saturday night was the first time ever.

Absolutely no interest was taken by security and I would dare say that they wouldnt have heard of a "Responsible serving of alcohol" policy if it came up and bit them on the short and curlies. At least security at Etihad have a fair idea when to act and evict morons.

Suffice to say I had to move and was lucky enough to find a seat next to a workmate who went up. I don't appreciate spending a fair amount of money on airfares, tickets and accommodation only to see it ruined by the actions of about 10 yobbos.

I am seriously thinking of penning a letter to the shonky admin at the SCG, but I doubt I would get much feedback

Still it was a great experience seeing the boys come away with a gutsy win - just made the plane ride home that much more enjoyable.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:I am seriously thinking of penning a letter to the shonky admin at the SCG, but I doubt I would get much feedback.
If you do, CC it to the AFL (who will probably take even less notice, but what the hell), as it appears the security at the SCG doesn't see much point in securing anything...at least not the reputation of the game in NSW.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:I am seriously thinking of penning a letter to the shonky admin at the SCG, but I doubt I would get much feedback.
If you do, CC it to the AFL (who will probably take even less notice, but what the hell), as it appears the security at the SCG doesn't see much point in securing anything...at least not the reputation of the game in NSW.
Maybe a couple of more CC's to radio stations here.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Pwoit wrote:
degruch wrote:
Maybe a couple of more CC's to radio stations here.

Try 2GB - I think they may like something that reflects poorly on the AFL!

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

Thanks for all the advice guys, much appreciated.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:Hi all

Thought I would add my 2 cents worth in on this thread.

I went up to Sydney for the match and got stuck sitting with a bunch of drunken idiots who weren't there to support anyone.

The language that was coming out of these blokes mouths was nothing short of inflammatory towards fellow Saints supporters (including females), not to mention the absolute stream of insults directed to our blokes. I have been going and watching the Saints steadily for 30 odd years and have never felt threatened by sections of the crowd before. Saturday night was the first time ever.

Absolutely no interest was taken by security and I would dare say that they wouldnt have heard of a "Responsible serving of alcohol" policy if it came up and bit them on the short and curlies. At least security at Etihad have a fair idea when to act and evict morons.

Suffice to say I had to move and was lucky enough to find a seat next to a workmate who went up. I don't appreciate spending a fair amount of money on airfares, tickets and accommodation only to see it ruined by the actions of about 10 yobbos.

I am seriously thinking of penning a letter to the shonky admin at the SCG, but I doubt I would get much feedback

Still it was a great experience seeing the boys come away with a gutsy win - just made the plane ride home that much more enjoyable.
Sorry to hear about that!

Reminds me of the dick heads I encountered at Carrara. The problem being with the Northern States, too many punters know f**k all about the game, thus they get confused, bored and carry on like pissed morons.

As for the those who seem to have half a clue, the majority are crushing bores who do little else but cry about the Melbourne umpires dealing them the raw end of the stick. Check your stats people!

No offense of course to the few Swine fans I call friends! :D

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

All good SydSainter

All clubs have ferals - shame I had to cop them. Will definitely choose a Dry Area next time we play up there.

If there's one thing I can't stand it's nuffies that go and watch the footy then proceed to go to the bar every 15 minutes of every quarter making people stand up so they can get through.

Why don't they just watch the game from the bar - never understand the attractiveness of drinking during the game - each to their own I guess!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:All good SydSainter

All clubs have ferals - shame I had to cop them. Will definitely choose a Dry Area next time we play up there.

If there's one thing I can't stand it's nuffies that go and watch the footy then proceed to go to the bar every 15 minutes of every quarter making people stand up so they can get through.

Why don't they just watch the game from the bar - never understand the attractiveness of drinking during the game - each to their own I guess!

one of my pet hates.... :evil: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
backit
Club Player

Just got a mention on "on The Couch" by Gerard Healey as a delibrate ploy by opposition supporters, Mike Sheanan asked if they were leaning over the fence to get the balls out of the bag!!!!!! Healey showed two games being Roos v Carlton and ours as examples.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

backit wrote:Just got a mention on "on The Couch" by Gerard Healey as a delibrate ploy by opposition supporters, Mike Sheanan asked if they were leaning over the fence to get the balls out of the bag!!!!!! Healey showed two games being Roos v Carlton and ours as examples.
was right next to the guys doing it. i dont think they were getting the footys from the ballboy, but they made sure our full back had the 2nd ball when they threw it back.
the only thing that comes out of this is that they will have nets behind the goals like American Football if people keep it up. obviously this will result in the cheer squad not being able to use the floggers.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Dal'sGal26
Club Player

It definitely happened on several occassions... was sitting behind the point post and it was VERY obvious. BJ was getting quite angry and he had every right to be.

i <3 the red, white and black

Sainter for LIFE!