No chance today dont kidd yourselves just relax and smile we

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CaptainRiewoldt
Club Player

No chance today dont kidd yourselves just relax and smile we

WILL BE MINOR PREMIERS!!

Seriously, Guys, please dont get all uptight, the game today... we wont win. Now this is like fremantle playing geelong in 2008 at skilled stadium. We are Fremantle. There is 10% chance at best.

Please dont worry, we are setting up for the finals its great its a good thing. Not risking, travelling players down to play a DESPERATE HAWKS. Fantastic by the coaching staff congrats to them. What we can do to help is not carry on when we lose. Just accept it smile, no need to explain the lose to idiots just move on and keep up for the finals and of course support the boys. This game today is LESS than a praccy match forget about it.

Thanks guys. :wink:

Im saying this because this could well be a horror show today im talking 10+ goals... thats ok means nothing. Just remember that ok?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

rubbish

Schillaci
Club Player

We'll see.
A loss may be likely and won't be worth worrying about... but 10 goals :shock:

Will be close and hopefully we'll finish the day 19 zip.

CaptainRiewoldt
Club Player

Come on guys dont do it to yaself.

king and NDS will probably come out last minute.. be reasonable hawks should win by 10 goals. people giving us a chance its ridiculous you cant expect the boys to come home 19-0 do t do it to em. If we get within 5 goals ill be happy.

whatever happens im as long as no injuries to kosi, gardiner, maxy or anyone. 18-1 with no injuries will be GREAT!

All im saying is dont be dissapointed this is not a REAL game in some regards.

Ball, Jones, Macqualter vs Mitchell, Hodge, Sewell?? come on boys what can we do?

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Our boys have played Finals-type Football since Round 14 against:

Geelong(wanted to put us in our place :roll: )
West Coast (at Subi. The Eagles played their game of the year. They thought we were ready to be knocked off)
Adelaide (after a trip west.They thought we were ready to be knocked off)
Bulldogs (after a six day break. They thought we were ready to be knocked off)
Swans (at the SCG, with the Swans trying to salvage their season)

The last few weeks have been nothing short of AMAZING!!
The Saints had every right/reason to drop one of those games, but they won them all.

I don't think any other Team in the competition could have gone close to equalling The Saints efforts of the past 5 weeks.
I'll go as far as saying it's the Greatest 5 week performance of any Saints team ever (Greatest 18 weeks so far :D, but the past 5 deserve special mention).

Thank goodness the coaching staff at Moorabbin have their eye on the big Prize. If players didn't need to be rested after the past 5 weeks I'd have to think they're robots.

Well done Ross and support staff!! Well done Dave Misson!!!
I have no doubt you're leaving nothing to chance to ensure we can make the best possible assault on The Flag.

GO SAINTS!!!

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:Our boys have played Finals-type Football since Round 14 against:

Geelong(wanted to put us in our place :roll: )
West Coast (at Subi. The Eagles played their game of the year. They thought we were ready to be knocked off)
Adelaide (after a trip west.They thought we were ready to be knocked off)
Bulldogs (after a six day break. They thought we were ready to be knocked off)
Swans (at the SCG, with the Swans trying to salvage their season)

GO SAINTS!!!
Rd 12 v Carlton (in front of 50,000 on a Friday Night at the Dome in a game that Carlton had set themselves for more than 1 month)

!!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

CaptainRiewoldt
Club Player

^^^^^

Agree totally. Never seen anything like it before.

thats what im saying now. We have proved we are ready now lets get ready forget the score today absolutely means nothing!!

CARN SAINTERS

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

CaptainReiwoldt wrote:thats what im saying now. We have proved we are ready now lets get ready forget the score today absolutely means nothing!!
fair point.

most teams don't win while missing eight of their top ten players. i'd like to think we're an exception but that sounds pretty unlikely.

jay young
Club Player

We Will Sh#t on hawthorn they couldnt beat port , put your money on us itll be the best odds youll get all year. Also the players being rested were the reason the swans almost won

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jay young wrote:We Will Sh#t on hawthorn they couldnt beat port , put your money on us itll be the best odds youll get all year. Also the players being rested were the reason the swans almost won
I thought Joey and BJ were the best 2 and if Dal misses he was probably third best so i dont agree with that at all.

claystreet
Club Player

I am confident we will win

if we lose i dont care either

so post like the origials OP's i take witha grain of salt

WE ARE NO1

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

That kind of result would be likely if we didn't play for one another, have any roles or structure, and had become arrogant.

I personally think we will win, we cerainly won't be beaten by 10 goals.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Here's why I think we will win;

Koschitzke @ CHF
Gardiner @ FF

I think that combo will prove to be an incredible duo......

When Koschitzke plays an awesome game, we win.....today he'll see this as a big opportunity!!!

I think today could be an awesome display of our depth and prove to the league that our young guys coming through are going to make St Kilda a powerhouse for years to come!!!

:D

matrix
Saintsational Legend

10 goals lol

ill put something on it that we DONT lose by ten goals

PJ
SS Life Member

Which players exactly do you see as being our weaknesses?

And which part of our structure do you think won't hold up?

Do you think the coaches have said "don't worry about this one"?

Which one of the ins do you think will be thinking "they don't really expect me to do much today"?

Yes we are lacking some stars but is that what we are about?

Do you think we still have the old favourite stars culture?

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:Which players exactly do you see as being our weaknesses?
steven, armitage, begley, gwilt, eddy, dempster - the bottom six.
PJ wrote:And which part of our structure do you think won't hold up?
midfield. our top four midfielders are hayes, dal, joey, goddard. at least three, and possibly all four, of those are out. they'll be replaced by ball, ray, mcqualter, geary, or something like that. ball aside, they're a completely different class of player.
PJ wrote:Do you think the coaches have said "don't worry about this one"?
i'd be surprised if they had. why would they?
PJ wrote:Which one of the ins do you think will be thinking "they don't really expect me to do much today"?
none of them. but knowing exactly what they're expected to do is the problem.

we have multiple players in this week who aren't experienced at playing in this side. they won't automatically know where to run and what to do in any given situation. this means the side will be less predictable to each other - in other words, less of a team.
PJ wrote:Yes we are lacking some stars but is that what we are about?

Do you think we still have the old favourite stars culture?
stars are stars for a reason. we don't rely solely on them, but you can't seriuosly suggest that replacing hayes with armo gives the same quality; or montagna with geary; or goddard with steven.

yes, if all the players play out of their skins we'll win. but that goes for every team every week. the fact is that the average quality in our side is a lot lower than it was last week, so we're less likely to win. simple.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I'm ecstatic I finally get to see some of these lesser lights have a crack.

Imagine being summoned into an 18-0 line up to test youself against last year's premier??!!! Awesome! Maybe your one chance to get yourself into a finals squad. Maybe your only chance to avoid getting looked at as trade fodder. Maybe your only chance to where the 09 Saints colours this year.

This team should and will be jumping out of its skin.

And thanks to Carlton's win, the Hawks now need maths or a miracle or both to creep over the line.

Will be very interesting to see how they respond.

Just winning won't do it. They need to win handsomely. Against our defence?

Who knows. But I say unlikely.

Whatever, I wouldn't write my mob of in a pink fit. reckon we'll play it dour, close and ferocious.

Every chance of snagging it.

And if we did, I would never for a second have thought my season to date could have got better.

Go you Sainters!

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

bergholt wrote:
PJ wrote:And which part of our structure do you think won't hold up?
midfield. our top four midfielders are hayes, dal, joey, goddard. at least three, and possibly all four, of those are out. they'll be replaced by ball, ray, mcqualter, geary, or something like that. ball aside, they're a completely different class of player.
Yes, this is the area we'll struggle in. Hard to win with 4 of our best midfielders out. Still, it's an opportunity for the lesser lights to make a claim for finals selection, so let's see how they go.

If our better players are having a rest then, based on the season so far, I'll back our coaching staff in on this one. I couldn't care less about any 100% record; as long as we give ourselves the absolute best chance of grasping that elusive premiership.

paws
Club Player

does anyone want Hawthorne in the finals? they could be incredibly tough.

paws for thought
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Mon 05 Apr 2010 2:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

starsign
Club Player

paws wrote:does anyone want Hawthorne in the finals? they could be incredibly tough.
yeah we know , and we remember what they did to your mob in last years GF!!
bye bye!

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

To the OP.....

Honestly, SUCK F**ING s***!!!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

lol percentage :D

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Funniest!
Thread!
Ever!

:lol:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: No chance today dont kidd yourselves just relax and smil

CaptainReiwoldt wrote:WILL BE MINOR PREMIERS!!

Seriously, Guys, please dont get all uptight, the game today... we wont win. Now this is like fremantle playing geelong in 2008 at skilled stadium. We are Fremantle. There is 10% chance at best.

Please dont worry, we are setting up for the finals its great its a good thing. Not risking, travelling players down to play a DESPERATE HAWKS. Fantastic by the coaching staff congrats to them. What we can do to help is not carry on when we lose. Just accept it smile, no need to explain the lose to idiots just move on and keep up for the finals and of course support the boys. This game today is LESS than a praccy match forget about it.

Thanks guys. :wink:

Im saying this because this could well be a horror show today im talking 10+ goals... thats ok means nothing. Just remember that ok?
see sig for details

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)