2009 Finals - the starting grid.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

yipper
SS Life Member

2009 Finals - the starting grid.

Well folks, here we are - history beckons.

The final 8 is now locked in, we are set to embark on the most nerve-wracking finals series ever -Ron Barassi rates this upcoming series the most exciting in over 20 years.

The bottom 4 teams are worthy finalists - however, they are all flaky underneath. Brilliant at times, capable of beating anyone on their day - but soft underneath. Adelaide are probably the most dangerous of that group.

The top 4 are the standout teams of 2009 - each has been consistently good over the whole season. Each team has it's achilles - however each team is quite superb when they are up and about. The Premiers will come from the top 4 no doubt. In pole position is St Kilda - they have the best chance and are probably the most dangerous of all 4. They have beaten all the contenders easily through the year. We go in fully fit, with a very strong gameplan and an astute coach. We have the structures and the mental strength to get over all comers. It is going to be a test of their calmness under pressure no doubt. But we are in it - and we have the pole position on the starting grid.

Make history sainters - go all out, 100% ferocious pressure at the ball carrier, frontal attack - get that tackle count right back up where it was earlier.

Make legends of your selves - Roo and Lenny, lead us to glory. You have both been just magnificent all year, now it is your turn to become true greats of the game. I have waited so long for this chance - I want to see my team up there on the dais at the end of the GF 2009 with St Kilda Jumpers on holding the cup.

JUST F'KN DO IT.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Make legends of your selves - Roo and Lenny, lead us to glory. You have both been just magnificent all year, now it is your turn to become true greats of the game. I have waited so long for this chance - I want to see my team up there on the dais at the end of the GF 2009 with St Kilda Jumpers on holding the cup.

JUST F'KN DO IT.
Tries despreately to make lump in throat go away..being at work and all :!:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
midas_touch
Club Player

Totally agree with you. I'm so pumped for the upcoming finals series, I cant remember a series thats had as much anticipation as this one!

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

i wish the finals were over already. i can't take the tension.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

great post 8-)

yeah the crows are a smokey no doubt, but we have seen their worst and its far worse than ours.
i believe our best is better than theirs too

crickey if its crows v saints this place (sa) will erupt!

would like to add this to the Boyz and The Lyon:

u havent earned it yet...the path is correct, yet there is a few more corners followed by a straight.
belief, determination and positive attitude is 50%
guts, will power, never give up attitude and smart footy is the other 50%

chook23
Saintsational Legend

I hope we are FULLY FIT as you state

our workrate/intensity/run/flare needs to come back in spades.......

praying/believing like hell it will

In pole position ...but who has the current momentum nearing the end of the warm up lap...

saint4life
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2009 Finals - the starting grid.

yipper wrote:

In pole position is St Kilda - they have the best chance and are probably the most dangerous of all 4. They have beaten all the contenders easily through the year.
Not sure the win over the cats was all that easy.

bozza1980
Club Player

I can't figure out the rush to jump off us, we have to be the side most likely. Let's look at the contenders....

Collingwood are on a 1 game losing streak and are 1 and 3 against the other top 4 sides

The Bulldogs have lost 2 of their last 5 and are 2 and 4 against top 4 sides

Geelong have lost 4 of their last 9 and are 2 and 2 against top 4 sides

Adelaide have lost 2 of their last 5 and are wait for it…..1 & 6 against top 4 sides

Which one of these sides form is so much better than ours that we deserve top be written off…

Not saying engrave the cup, just that we earnt the right to be considered favourites and no one has earnt it off us yet.

yipper
SS Life Member

bozza1980 wrote:I can't figure out the rush to jump off us, we have to be the side most likely. Let's look at the contenders....

Collingwood are on a 1 game losing streak and are 1 and 3 against the other top 4 sides

The Bulldogs have lost 2 of their last 5 and are 2 and 4 against top 4 sides

Geelong have lost 4 of their last 9 and are 2 and 2 against top 4 sides

Adelaide have lost 2 of their last 5 and are wait for it…..1 & 6 against top 4 sides

Which one of these sides form is so much better than ours that we deserve top be written off…

Not saying engrave the cup, just that we earnt the right to be considered favourites and no one has earnt it off us yet.
Agreed. But gee we are crap cos of the last 3 weeks??? Serious?? Just maybe, maybe we have actually taken the foot off the pedal and are now ready to hit September at full pace!! Hmmm Just maybe the club knows what it is doing!! Have some faith ppl - they have earnt that at the very least. 20 wins in 22 games - unbelievable, perfect 100% record against all other top 4 sides. I think we are some chance just quietly!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
yipper
SS Life Member

Just remember folks - this week we play against the biggest AFL club in the country. The G' will have hordes of Pies fans in attendance. The game will be a typically tough finals encounter.

Put all the pessimist / negative vibes away. Stop the worrying about wotifs / maybes / could be and just turn up and PROUDLY display who you are and who we all are ---

WE ARE ST.KILDA, WE ARE THE SAINTS.

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER. WE ALL WANT THE SAME THING.

JUST DO IT!!

HarveysDeciple

No negative energy this week (can't for the life of me understand why their is some flying around).

20-2 on top, flag favourites, what's wrong with life guys??

HarveysDeciple

Bump!!

Thread of win

python
Club Player

time to play our best footy of the year. Now is the time to bring the hardest performance to the table.

Last year, i thought we could win if everything went our way, this year, i think we will win unless everything goes against us.

Time to shine saints. We won 19 in a row, so we can string three more together, dont worry about that.

HarveysDeciple

python wrote:time to play our best footy of the year. Now is the time to bring the hardest performance to the table.

Last year, i thought we could win if everything went our way, this year, i think we will win unless everything goes against us.

Time to shine saints. We won 19 in a row, so we can string three more together, dont worry about that.
YEP!