Is This Normal?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe

Is This Normal?

Look, we've had a great season but it means nothing now. I am sitting at work 3 days out from out game with the runs, i am that nervous. If i dont dehydrate myself before Sunday i wont be able to watch the game as i will probably be in hospital with a drip to rehydtrate myself

I shouldnt be nervous... we're on top of the ladder with only 2 losses, the best defence the game has ever seen and number 4 attack for the year. We get a second chance so it isnt the end of the world, but how can a team make you so nervous, even when we are winning?

I can only imagine how the players are feeling, they would have to have some coach/trainer calming them down...

The butterflies have started, please bring on Sunday with a smashing of the Pies

GO SAINTS

SaintHomer
Club Player

normal for a saints supporter. we've been starved of the ultimate success for a long time...

see you sunday mate as we take the first step

GO SAINTERS!

Fulham_Sainter
Club Player

Yeah mate normal as.

Seriously bud, the boys have had nothing to play for the last 3 weeks and all you have to do is watch the replays to see the boys cruising. This is all angled towards having a fit list for the finals and not caring about playing lesser teams. All this flirting with form BS is just that, BS. Remember these boys are all in their early to mid 20's they aren't all Harvey like and put in 150% all the time. Watch for the fireworks to kick in on Sunday arvo. The boys will be switched on, that is a fact.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

nervs and gona give u the squirtys dude

thats food and viruses lol

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Whatever is meant to be is meant to be, just relax, enjoy and prioritise.

At the end of the day does St kilda pay our bills if we end up in hospital and need a drip ? - I exaggerate to clarify.

Of course we want the flag this year - but there's more important things in llife.
Last edited by samoht on Thu 03 Sep 2009 12:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintlee
Club Player

History tells us that any team that has won 20 games in a season goes on to win the flag....I hope history repeats itself!

Batnoe

SaintHomer wrote:normal for a saints supporter. we've been starved of the ultimate success for a long time...

GO SAINTERS!
yeah mate, should be good

have about 15-20 saints fans coming so should be good

thats if i make there and i dont s*** all over the floor while sreaming at the tv

matrix
Saintsational Legend

just get some poly tube and something that resembles a hot water bottle and some gaff tape.

tough times, tough measures 8-)

SaintHomer
Club Player

Batnoe wrote:
SaintHomer wrote:normal for a saints supporter. we've been starved of the ultimate success for a long time...

GO SAINTERS!
yeah mate, should be good

have about 15-20 saints fans coming so should be good

thats if i make there and i dont s*** all over the floor while sreaming at the tv
beside friday nights game (which i think will be a smashing), 3 quality games i think in the lead up (and to take your mind off things). looking forward to a quality afl weekend!

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Yeah very nervous, does anyone know any psychics (or should that be psychos) I need to know the result

StSteven
Club Player

Drink up because win or lose you are going to go through it all again next week!!!!!!

You are one of many. Not only Saints supporters but also, Lions, Blues, Dons, Bulldogs and Cats supporters are all going through the same thing. Crows and Pies supporters aren't as they belive they have already won the flag!!!!

Chin up.

Anything can happen but we will have no influence on it. Only worry about the things you can control.

Batnoe

This is what i am like in the first round... I can only imagine what i will be like on the big day...

I am shaking already and i have no control over it. I have the whole of September like this hopefully so it is 1/12 of the year of cold sweats, the runs, sore stomach and shakes..

Cant be good for the body?!!!

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:Yeah very nervous, does anyone know any psychics (or should that be psychos) I need to know the result
Yep,a mate knows one,he reckons she's picked a frightening amount of things. Start of the year he emailed me saying she said Stkilda win the flag...unfortunately it was against the hawks......maybe she got the stripes wrong in her vision

Bring back the Lockett era
GrumpyOne

Batnoe wrote:This is what i am like in the first round... I can only imagine what i will be like on the big day...

I am shaking already and i have no control over it. I have the whole of September like this hopefully so it is 1/12 of the year of cold sweats, the runs, sore stomach and shakes..

Cant be good for the body?!!!
Believe you me mate.... we're all there with you.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Thank god I am not the only basket case out there! We will all get through it, but I predict a looooooooooooooooong month!

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Batnoe

Saint Bev wrote:Thank god I am not the only basket case out there! We will all get through it, but I predict a looooooooooooooooong month!
Bev, i never said i was a basket case...haha

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:Drink up because win or lose you are going to go through it all again next week!!!!!!...
Hopefully not if we win. We then get two weeks for the tummies to churn!

Sainterman
Club Player

I know the feeling, every time I think about it I also get the butterflies. Try to relax, safe in the knowledge that this side has been great all year, and should be totally set for this week.

We have all been waiting a long time so a few nerves here and there quite normal IMO.

But in the end remember to have some perspective if it doesn't work out the way we hope. As another poster alluded to, there are bigger things in life...although right now, all I am thinking about is Sunday! Gee - a good win on Sunday would have the confidence back for me...!

Be in good voice on Sunday and support the boys, that is really all we can do to help.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
mullet wrote:Yeah very nervous, does anyone know any psychics (or should that be psychos) I need to know the result
Yep,a mate knows one,he reckons she's picked a frightening amount of things. Start of the year he emailed me saying she said Stkilda win the flag...unfortunately it was against the hawks......maybe she got the stripes wrong in her vision
Yeah I remember you posting that a while ago, perhaps she did get her stripes wrong, hope she is right :shock:

Batnoe

mullet wrote:
jonesy wrote:
Yeah I remember you posting that a while ago, perhaps she did get her stripes wrong, hope she is right :shock:
MMM.... Poo and wee... Maybe we are playing Collingwood in the final

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:
mullet wrote:
jonesy wrote:
MMM.... Poo and wee... Maybe we are playing Collingwood in the final

Maybe she just saw birds and thought it was a hawk, could be a magpie or a crow

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

saintlee wrote:History tells us that any team that has won 20 games in a season goes on to win the flag....I hope history repeats itself!
Until Geelong of '08!

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
saintlee
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote:
saintlee wrote:History tells us that any team that has won 20 games in a season goes on to win the flag....I hope history repeats itself!
Until Geelong of '08!
Crap....can't believe I forgot that one! :oops:

Banger2Plugger
Club Player

Household is trying to keep the clear tupperware lid on!

However, this lifelong saint supporter has achieved much during 09 season:

1. After almost 4 years of singing Oh When the Saints to the cherubs each night - had a tear well in his eye when the cherubs (3yos) sang Oh When the Saints with gutso after the Melbourne win

2. Bought cherubs 2nd footy jumper of their lives - male cherub slept in his and has already spilt the customary sauce down the white stripe, female cherub takes hers off prior to any form of play or feeding to avoid any contact with substances which threatens to mark or stain hers. More tears well seeing them love the saints jumper.

BRING ON SUNDAY!!!! WIN IT FOR THE DADS!!

If everyone speeds, why haven't you been overtaken?
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Cool as a cucumber...being forced out to a freakin' Father's Day lunch for da missus' dad, will miss the whole game (despite being a dad m'self). No point in getting nervous until I open up the AFL website to see the end result. :cry:

Having said that, I cannot see us losing, I just can't see where it will happen...19 Collingwood players on the field, rampant vindictive umpiring, gastro hits the Saints, St Kilda misses the bus to the ground, which one is more likely?