Some Stats Regarding Tomorrow.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Some Stats Regarding Tomorrow.

Saints v Pies in finals.

Played - 7
Saints won - 5
Pies - 2

Tomorrows selected sides

Saints total games - 2710
Finals games - 142
Players with over 100 games of experience - 14
Players with no finals experience - 1 (Zac Dawson)

Pies totals games - 2737
Finals games - 126
Players with over 100 games of expereince - 12
Players with no finals expereince - 3 (Beams, Toovey and, Sidebottom)

The inclusion of Max would tip the scales more towards us as far as experience is concerned.

Mick has brought in more experience with his selections.

Finals experience and just plain old experience has been something I've kept an eye on over the last few years.

During the finals usually the side with the most finals experience wins, especially when there is a large gap...

No large gap here so I've got nothing really...

GO SAINTS

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

stats count for nothing, its endeavour and work ethic and tactics.

we saw against north and Essendon that off 5% and your gone.

we also saw against adelaide that even confident powerful sides can be destroyed utterly.

Its up to the players and the coach if they want to win or not.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Dan Warna wrote:stats count for nothing, its endeavour and work ethic and tactics.

we also saw against adelaide that even confident powerful sides can be destroyed utterly.

Adelaide 100's of games of finals experience.

Essendon next to none.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:stats count for nothing, its endeavour and work ethic and tactics.

Essendon next to none.
Must agree with Dan. In the first quarter when you think that experience may help the scores were level. Adelaide are just a much better side than the Dons.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:

Essendon next to none.
Must agree with Dan. In the first quarter when you think that experience may help the scores were level. Adelaide are just a much better side than the Dons.
Maybe that expereince is what makes them a better side?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Experience clearly allows players to keep their heads, maintain composure, stick to the game plan under pressure, and keep your concentration.

There is absolutely no doubt that experience matters, alot.

This is why 'young' sides rarely win flags. And when they do, thay are littered with experienced, hard guys as well.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Experience clearly allows players to keep their heads, maintain composure, stick to the game plan under pressure, and keep your concentration.

This is why 'young' sides rarely win flags. And when they do, thay are littered with experienced, hard guys as well.
I thought hawthorn won last year.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:Experience clearly allows players to keep their heads, maintain composure, stick to the game plan under pressure, and keep your concentration.

They did.

You don't think Hawthorn were an experienced side?

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

That they did.

Experience isn't the only factor, however it's pretty important.

That said the Hawks had plenty of experience, and despite having some pretty green players they were the likes of Rioli, Ellis, and Gilham.

You can go in with inexperience provided your youth has class and talent.

Its really hard to have a discussion in this place before someone tries to turn it into a simple black and white discussion...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

They did.

You don't think Hawthorn were an experienced side?
No I dont.

Frankie
Club Player

Hmmm. Funny but i seem to remember it was Stewie Dew who blew the game wide open for the dorks. Inexperienced? Nup. Not to mention Crawf and Croad.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Frankie wrote:Hmmm. Funny but i seem to remember it was Stewie Dew who blew the game wide open for the dorks. Inexperienced? Nup. Not to mention Crawf and Croad.

Croad played half a game and then 2 other players make the side experienced. I dont think so. In that case Essendon were very experienced. Fletcher, McVeigh,Watson,Welsh,Skipworth and McPhee. Stupid to name 3 players and say they are experienced.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Frankie wrote:Hmmm. Funny but i seem to remember it was Stewie Dew who blew the game wide open for the dorks. Inexperienced? Nup. Not to mention Crawf and Croad.

Croad played half a game and then 2 other players make the side experienced. I dont think so. In that case Essendon were very experienced. Fletcher, McVeigh,Watson,Welsh,Skipworth and McPhee. Stupid to name 3 players and say they are experienced.
So plugger you appear to think experience counts for nothing?

Leo.J
SS Life Member

So far the 2 clubs with the most finals experience have won.

Lions and the Saints have more finals expereince than their opponents.

This theory needs to be wrong at some stage for us to go all the way as we are 2nd to the Cats with our current teams.
Last edited by Leo.J on Sat 05 Sep 2009 6:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

the team with the best discipline, best drilled and most sensible will win.

the team that panics first is gone.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Dan Warna wrote:the team with the best discipline, best drilled and most sensible will win.

The team that panics first is usually less experienced, especially when finals are concerned.

Team discipline and sensibility usually comes with expereince, it doesn't have to, but it usually does...

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:the team with the best discipline, best drilled and most sensible will win.

The team that panics first is usually less experienced, especially when finals are concerned.

Team discipline and sensibility usually comes with expereince, it doesn't have to, but it usually does...
Exactly.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:

I am struggling to think of many teams with the most experience that have won flags lately bar the Lions after their first year when they played a very experienced finals side and beat them. Very overated.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:

I am struggling to think of many teams with the most experience that have won flags lately bar the Lions after their first year when they played a very experienced finals side and beat them. Very overated.
You struggled with comprehension at school didn't you plugger.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:

You struggled with comprehension at school didn't you plugger.
Forget that. Just give me the sides lately that have won the flag that had the most experience.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:

Geelong, WC, Sydney, PA, BL would all be in the top 2 if not top in games experience when they won their flags. I can't be bothered looking up all their finals.

That said all these sides had played years of finals leading up to their flags.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:

Geelong, WC, Sydney, PA, BL would all be in the top 2 if not top in games experience when they won their flags. I can't be bothered looking up all their finals.

So you are saying that apart from carlton, no team has any advantage this year. i totally agree with that.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:

So you are saying that apart from carlton, no team has any advantage this year. i totally agree with that.
No...huh?

Leo.J
SS Life Member

3 from 3

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:3 from 3
Was that mean. you have picked 3 winners and so have I. We better start a thread on that.