S.P.O: Still pissed off thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

S.P.O: Still pissed off thread

Was obviously kidding myself that I had put it all behind me because today it hit me like a ton of bricks.. :shock:

Must be the first Thursday night without waiting for the team thing on Fox footy,sen ect

Was on the way to the gym and I heard craig willis on the radio spruiking the Cats premiership dvd but the worst bit was when he said "against the gutsy saints!!"...I lost it and screamed at the top of my voice that I never want to hear that phrase again... :evil:

NEVER!!!!!!!Patronising bulls*** :x

Along with gallant,honourable loss ect ....

Just couldn't get the game out of my mind and trained like I was starting preseason the day after the game...my heart just wasn't in it :(

Having a quite beer now...its helping a bit but I'M STILL PISSED OFF :evil:
Last edited by saint patrick on Fri 02 Oct 2009 12:55am, edited 1 time in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Re: S.P.O:Still pissed off thread

saint patrick wrote:Was obviously kidding myself that I had put it all behind me because today it hit me like a ton of bricks.. :shock:

Must be the first Thursday night without waiting for the team thing...

Was on the way to the gym and I heard craig willis on the radio spruiking the Cats premiership dvd but the worst bit was when he said "against the gutsy saints!!"...I lost it and screamed at the top of my voice that I never want to here that phrase again... :evil:

Along with gallant,honourable loss ect :x

Just couldn't get the game out of my mind and trained like I was starting preseason the day after the game...my heart just wasn't in it :(

Having a quite beer now...its helping a bit but I'M STILL PISSED OFF :evil:

Oh hell yeah, not gettingany easier, and the bullshyte about the great game that i hear. keeps going thru my mind is it should be us. The gallant loss, they can stick that

I love this club
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

You've gotta let it go.

Can't change it. Couldn't control it.

As hard as it is, it's over.

Just start looking forward to next year.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

gotta lose some to win some

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:You've gotta let it go.

You are right, but its to bloody hard, all those years of rubbish, and we blew it, the honorable loss crap, we blew it plain and simple,

THINK I better stop this

I love this club
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:gotta lose some to win some
No, you don't.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

That quote originated from the same bloke who said "a change is as good as a holiday."

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
No, you don't.
Agree, we have lost before only NOT to win next year, as saints we dont really have that luxury of next year

I love this club
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:You've gotta let it go.

You are right, but its to bloody hard, all those years of rubbish, and we blew it, the honorable loss crap, we blew it plain and simple,

THINK I better stop this
Sorry guys..vented my feelings as therapy but probably not doing any favours to anyone...didn't think it would affect me this badly...MAKE IT GO AWAY :shock: :oops:

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Milton66
SS Life Member

I've got a mate who was at the game in the MCC area.

He follows the Saints, never goes to a game, but watches on TV.

Met up after the game at the station because our collective woves were at home together.

Upon meeting up, he told me what a great game it was, and we were just unlucky... never mind, it's only a game of footy.

I was about to tell him to go jump because I was gutted at the result.

Then I remembered... his dad is dying of leukemia.

We move, and move forward.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
chook23
Saintsational Legend

I am with you St.Pat SPO

I know I must move on but I am so depressed........sh.ts me

Normally meet up with few mates I used to play cricket and footy with on Thursday nights.......

did as per normal..... miserable .......

why do I feel like not looking people in the eyes (and their long time )

stupid ...stupid.......must be that complex thing I thought I got rid of from following saints in the eighties....

must (have) to move on .........healthwise

just read above post real health issues..............helps perspective

saint4life
GrumpyOne

Iceman234 wrote:
That quote originated from the same bloke who said "a change is as good as a holiday."
He also said "The cheque's in the mail", and ""Ã

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I'm still shaking my head about it...

Now and then I catch myself thinking about it.

Freaking annoyed by it. I just want to see them win a flag ffs.

But its been and done.

Nothing we can do about it now except focus on 2010.

Which should be a good year :P

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

we have a winner for avatar of the month :)

S.A Saint
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:we have a winner for avatar of the month :)
x2

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I still can't get it out of my head. Worst of all, its bought back 97 like it happened yesterday. My most hated phrase is "next year". Still havn't faced anyone, plus I am sick just to top it off. :cry:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:we have a winner for avatar of the month :)
Cheers mate, it's an old WEG Sunicrust footy card from the mid 70's... :wink:

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

yep. you have wisdom beyond your years, dooley.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

lol
its halo harrigan or something like that isnt it?

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:lol
its halo harrigan or something like that isnt it?
Correct. Even at that young age I loved Halo, for some reason always reminded me of ... me :oops:

Was nothing better than getting the loaf of Sunicrust and ripping open the wax paper end of it to see what card you got.

Well, there was better - having a mate whose Dad worked at the local Sunicrust... :lol:

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I've hardly spoken to anyone at home...just hello. Haven't answered my phone, replied to a few texts with invites out and what not...tell them I'm not coming.

I am not looking forward to next season for redemption...it's such a long way back...not saying we're not a chance, but we when you have a chance like that last saturday and kick it away...or grub it along the ground,it's hard to get excited about potential future chances. That could be it for another 10 years...20 ...who knows

Feels like a life sentence in jail was about to be overuled, but just as I was stepping outside into freedom,I got dragged back in and told they will re-evaluate me in 12 months time with no guarantee.

F#ck it

Bring back the Lockett era
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:I've got a mate who was at the game in the MCC area.

He follows the Saints, never goes to a game, but watches on TV.

Met up after the game at the station because our collective woves were at home together.

Upon meeting up, he told me what a great game it was, and we were just unlucky... never mind, it's only a game of footy.

I was about to tell him to go jump because I was gutted at the result.

Then I remembered... his dad is dying of leukemia.

We move, and move forward.
Great reminder Milt :wink:

but this meant a lot to many,many people who have had there trials and tribulations in the last year or 2.

As a few people here know my dad wally died just before xmas and he was a St.Kilda stalwart...lived and breathed red,white and black and was as passionate as anyone I have known...in 66 went missing for a week and even into his eighties was known to go for a nervous walk when his beloved saints were under threat and for taking his trumpet down to the Sorrento pubs after a win to play "oh when the saints".At his funeral he was carried out to Louie Armstrongs version at high volume 8-)

Mum was also a saint tragic in her own quite way but was stronger than all of the St.Kilda boys in the family ..would sit there like the rock of Gibraltar backing her saints until there was no hope. :x

My Mum[Mary] passed away in April this year of a stroke and when we visited her in Frankston Hospital although she couldn't open her eyes and her speech was slurred she managed to mention that Nick [ Dal Santo] was named one of the best last week...

One of her last sentences.

My sister late Jane taught Nick in year twelve in Bendigo and mum and dad knew Eileen Dal Santo well and Eileen and the family have had a promise[since Janes funeral] that if we ever win the flag that we will all get together for a commemorative drink...

Yet to happen but so close...

Agree that we need to keep things in perspective...but for our family there was a lot of emotion riding on the result on Saturday...and a lot of tears !

Agree its time to move on...just one hell of a lot easier to say than do :roll:

Hope one day it will all be healed with a few happy tears over a drink or two 8-)
Last edited by saint patrick on Fri 02 Oct 2009 11:12am, edited 3 times in total.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I'm also at a loss for the whole thing. The bit that REALLY bugs me is losing a season of work in less than 5 minutes!!!

The bit that makes me die over and over again is seeing our guys distraught at the end of the game! It's perhaps one of the most painful losses a Sainter should ever have to endure! Yeah, we were good, real good, but Geelong were better! We won 3/4 of football, but those bastards won the last 5 minutes! Where is the fairness in that???? Gutted? That's an understatement!

We'd had such an incredible season! We'd battled and won against all odds...only to lose the lot in nothing short of a blink of an eye!

I hope next season we come out spitting fire! As a supporter I'm swearing to be nothing short of ruthless in the aisles! I won't be coming back with a voice from ANY of our games! 2010 WILL be year of the Saints! I hope our guys bash, crash and destroy all who present themselves at the contest, AND we line ourselves up for back to back GF wins!

You can't produce a 20-2 win/loss season without something to show for it!

I'm ready for 2010, and I dare say the Mighty Saints will be too!

Too bad we have to put up with that pre-season crap first! Blood some more players I say!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Winmarvellous
Club Player

I just watched the replay on Fox. Gutted all over again. If only...

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:I just watched the replay on Fox. Gutted all over again. If only...
i took the dog for a nice long walk while that was on :)

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."