Demons playing Ball (Herald Sun)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Demons playing Ball (Herald Sun)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/m ... 5784046468

Melbourne Demons after Luke Ball as Collingwood Magpies deal hits snag

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I've said it many times, I would rather Ball go into the PSD than to Collingwood for nothing...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

An this from the same article...

Ball and his family are said to be disappointed with his lack of chances at St Kilda.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Melbourne are farken leechers as well as tankers, make that wankers. I'm sure Luke would be rapt to be playing with the bottom team.

Another opportunity awaits!
Statsman
Club Player

Interesting to see Nathan Brown's name being thrown up. I wonder whether we'd be better off with Brown instead of Everitt? A promising young CHB would be an ideal backup and eventual successor to Blake.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:An this from the same article...

Ball and his family are said to be disappointed with his lack of chances at St Kilda.
If you are good enough, you will get a spot. The only person Luke should be disappointed in is himself. He knows what the trademark is and what is required of him. Unfortunately, it seems he was not willing to do the work. It is obvious he learnt nothing from Sir Robert.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Statsman wrote:Interesting to see Nathan Brown's name being thrown up. I wonder whether we'd be better off with Brown instead of Everitt? A promising young CHB would be an ideal backup and eventual successor to Blake.
Why not both?

Luke Ball to Collingwood for Nathan Brown and a 3rd rounder
Our 2nd and 3rd rounder to the Dogs for Everitt....

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Geez that move will get him a flag.... (going to Dees) :roll:

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I want to know who this is....

A source close to Ball yesterday said it was "untenable" that Ball would remain under Saints coach Ross Lyon.

Because they have been messing with the head of a vulnerable and insecure person IMO.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:

If you are good enough, you will get a spot. The only person Luke should be disappointed in is himself. He knows what the trademark is and what is required of him. Unfortunately, it seems he was not willing to do the work. It is obvious he learnt nothing from Sir Robert.
Maybe his groins didn't allow him to. Maybe they are completely shot!

Another opportunity awaits!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
saint75 wrote:

Then why was dissapointed by the reduced game time? Unless sadly, his body has fallen behind his aspirations...and he is in denial?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I want to know who this is....

A source close to Ball yesterday said it was "untenable" that Ball would remain under Saints coach Ross Lyon.
I suspect that is Paul Connors the manager.

Spin, Spin, Spin, Spin

First it was Collingwood has offered 500k

Then it was that the Saints offered him more than Collingwood

Now it's He cannot play under Lyon.

What bs will they come up next to rationalise this?

Statsman
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:What bs will they come up next to rationalise this?
Dear Mr Lyon,

Unfortunately Luke will not be able to play for St Kilda next season - the dog ate his contract.

Sincerely,
Mrs Ball

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Moccha wrote:
saint75 wrote:

So if that is the case, why is he upset with Lyon? We have always envied other teams for being in the position of having depth and for players fighting to get into a spot on the team. We finally achieve depth and a team with a lack of injuries and one of our players is disappointed because they can't cut it? Smacks of a childish temper tantrum the more I read about it. Really disappointed as I would never have thought this sort of behavior possible from Luke.

He was offered a 3 year deal, so it doesn't sound to me like he would have struggled on a regular basis to get a spot in the team. Due to his temper tantrum, he has now shot himself in the foot as we have drafted through this period with the vision of him moving on and not being with us. If he was to stay now, he would most likely have no place barring an injury to another player.

I wish him well, but at this point, I also believe the situation is untenable and I don't want him to stay. Think it is best for both the club and Luke that he moves on.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Because they have been messing with the head of a vulnerable and insecure person IMO.
Bunkem.

This is ALL Luke.

Luke didnt get enough time on the ground in the mini midgets so he rang his dad who told that wascally woss wyon that he better give his son more time cause he went to a private school and was once rated near Judd......boo frekin hoo..

Send him to the Demons.

“Yeah….nah””
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Come friday, go swap him for Spider's brother and be done with it.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
ace
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:I've said it many times, I would rather Ball go into the PSD than to Collingwood for nothing...
I would much prefer to see Luke Ball end up at Melbourne than Collingwood.

Firstly he would do us no harm in the finals series.
Secondly it will show any other player that thinks to initiate a trade to an opposition club, that is a genuine premiership contender, that it can wreck any dreams of ever playing in a premiership.

Through his own actions Luke has invited St Kilda to pursue other mid fielders in Lovett and Peake.
If Luke returns to St Kilda he will only have made his own prospects much worse and reduced the amount the club can pay him under the salary cap to minimum player payments.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:

I suspect that is Paul Connors the manager.

Spin, Spin, Spin, Spin

First it was Collingwood has offered 500k

Then it was that the Saints offered him more than Collingwood

Now it's He cannot play under Lyon.

What bs will they come up next to rationalise this?
AND when he ends up at Melbourne on a good salary Connors will get a large slice of that salary and destroyed any chance Luke had of playing in a premiership.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
bigred
Saintsational Legend

He is 100% gone now.

Don't know where, but he isn't part of the club any more. Especially the midfield now.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Richter
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:

Bunkem.

This is ALL Luke.

Luke didnt get enough time on the ground in the mini midgets so he rang his dad who told that wascally woss wyon that he better give his son more time cause he went to a private school and was once rated near Judd......boo frekin hoo..

Send him to the Demons.
Spot on Teffers.

I am a former private school boy (though none of your colonial rubbish) and I can guarantee you that this is exactly what will be going through his mind.

Luke cannot deal with the prospect that he gave up Uni life and a professional career to be..... a GOP...... well, suck it up Luke - you may be a GOP but that is still far more than most of us make.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
jwato

get the best we can otherwise stuff him let him go to the dees and run last for the next 4 years don't help the filth.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

The work experience kid is obviously working as the sub editor.

"Melbourne Demons after Luke Ball as Collingwood Magpies deal hits snag"

Melbourne Demons???
Collingwood Magpies???

Furtius Quo Rdelious
S.A Saint
Club Player

Agree with all the posts above that it would bad bad for him to come back and play with the saints after all has been said and done......if we cannot get anything decent from the pies which is the club he wanted, then we should let him walk to the pre season draft were the demons will get him...we need to show some character as a club and not tolerate players who want to leave us and have already nominated clubs to whom which they want to play for...

groupie1
Club Player

Guys

The classism is a bit rich.

Luke saw Steven and he saw Armitage and he saw his OP and saw the writing on the wall. If he wants to play as an integral part of a senior AFL team he needs to do it at another club.

If we didn't lose Luke Ball this year, we'd have lost Armitage the next.

I feel for the kid. Couldda been anything. Thomas threw him under packs when he was 19, injured, and still finding his feet. That's when you play them at half back and let them get used to the big bodies. Grant Thomas and that f***-knuckle incompetent mother fucker Chris Jones - guy who's dimwitted ineptitude cost us at least one, probably two flags (04 and 05) - the meat-and-potatoes guy (some will know what I'm talking about), destroyed Luke Ball and that's the sad thing about all this.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
Lennon
Club Player

groupie1 wrote:Guys

The classism is a bit rich.

Luke saw Steven and he saw Armitage and he saw his OP and saw the writing on the wall. If he wants to play as an integral part of a senior AFL team he needs to do it at another club.

If we didn't lose Luke Ball this year, we'd have lost Armitage the next.

I feel for the kid. Couldda been anything. Thomas threw him under packs when he was 19, injured, and still finding his feet. That's when you play them at half back and let them get used to the big bodies. Grant Thomas and that f***-knuckle incompetent mother fucker Chris Jones - guy who's dimwitted ineptitude cost us at least one, probably two flags (04 and 05) - the meat-and-potatoes guy (some will know what I'm talking about), destroyed Luke Ball and that's the sad thing about all this.
This.