X off to Brisbane.........

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lendog heaven
Club Player

X off to Brisbane.........

........can't confirm final details of what we get just yet

Tramps like us.............
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Well there you go :shock:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

sauce?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
realdeal
Club Player

I dont really see the point of trading X for a 4th rd pick!?
:?

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Id be sad to see him go but more chance he will be off the park more than on, but good luck to him.

Before Im 85
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

realdeal wrote:I dont really see the point of trading X for a 4th rd pick!?
Salary Cap would be the only reason.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
realdeal
Club Player

Selhurst Saint wrote:
You would think so but if he only had his contract extended recently he'd be on low wage anyway..

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:sauce?
Tomato?

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:
joffaboy wrote:sauce?
Tomato?
My old Indian friend White Crow

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

well call me an arsehole but that's fantastic news if true. although i am rather peeved that we paid his medical bills for so long.

Ross Lyon is a very smart human being, certainly doesn't let sentiment play any part in his decisions.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
stinger
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:well call me an arsehole but that's fantastic news if true. although i am rather peeved that we paid his medical bills for so long.

Ross Lyon is a very smart human being, certainly doesn't let sentiment play any part in his decisions.

why???...if you got injured atwork your employer would have to pay your medical bills.......uncalled for comment imhfo....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:well call me an arsehole but that's fantastic news if true. although i am rather peeved that we paid his medical bills for so long.

Doesn't let other people's sentiment play part in his decisions.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

As mentioned in the "I hope X stays" thread

HE WANTS the fresh start
Last edited by chook23 on Thu 08 Oct 2009 12:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

saint4life
suss
Club Player

Selhurst Saint wrote:
I'm not sure whether it's our salary cap or Michael Voss and his cheque book. He's on a mission at the moment and it will go one of two ways.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Has this actually been confirmed anywhere?

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:

why???...if you got injured atwork your employer would have to pay your medical bills.......uncalled for comment imhfo....
yeah you're right, but when within the rules they can get rid of me because my contribution to the workplace is minimal and has been for years then they will also do what is best for them.

IMO he will be no more than a bit part player, and an expensive one so why keep him?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

He hurt himself playing as a listed player for the Saints. Are we supposed to just flick him because he got injured and make him pay all his own costs?

Lance or James??

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:

He hurt himself playing as a listed player for the Saints. Are we supposed to just flick him because he got injured and make him pay all his own costs?
No, but we should have got rid a couple of years ago, when has he produced with any regularity?

I'm sure he is a lovely guy, but to me they are pieces of a puzzle- and he doesn't fit into that puzzle so see you later

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

I'd like to think that even if we had no contractual obligations to ensure his recovery, that we'd have the moral strength of character to do it.

And not just for X, but any player injured whilst playing/training for us.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I dont want to lose X...

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

No, but we should have got rid a couple of years ago, when has he produced with any regularity?

I'm sure he is a lovely guy, but to me they are pieces of a puzzle- and he doesn't fit into that puzzle so see you later
Yeah maybe - but thats a bit of a different call.

Anyways - good luck X

Lance or James??

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

mmm. well i dont think that RL is that objective either. Has shown a tendency to not judge purely on performance. Seems to take a preference to people he brings to the club over incumbents.... Id call that sentiment...

Not referring to x here because he has done nothing in 3 years.

But RL seems have a golden ticket printed off for people arriving iat the club in 2007 and after.....
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Thu 08 Oct 2009 12:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:I dont want to lose X...
sounds like he wants to lose us though.

saint4life
ace
Saintsational Legend

Still no sauce in the bottle.

Will someone top it up and say where this news / rumour comes from.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
mmm. well i dont think that RL is that objective either. Has shown a tendency to not judge purely on performance. Seems to take a preference to people he brings to the club over incumbents.... Id call that sentiment...
maybe Lyon likes to get his team to Grand Finals. FUnny thing that.
Con Gorozidis wrote:But RL seems have a golden ticket printed off for people arriving iat the club n 2007 and after.....
yeah - you mean duds like Gardiner - King - Dawson - Ray - Schneider?

Just as many didn't get games or are delisted - Attard - Birss - C.Gardiner - Dempster in and out - Colm Begley.

Would be nice to maybe get your facts right before posting tosh :roll:

Lance or James??