Saints players LIVID with Luke Ball

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Saints players LIVID with Luke Ball

As many of us know MM has been a regular poster on here for a long time.

MM is well respected for his efforts to raise the Sponsoring of the five young players we all see above .

A passionate and loyal Saints man - MM is not one for making outlandish statements.

Therefore I find the statement below extremely interesting.

This was posted in a seperate thread about the Luke Ball fiasco

Mr Magic wrote:
I'll let you in on a secret.
I've heard, with the same degree of knowledge as Dean Greig (3rd hand) that the senior players at the Club are LIVID with Luke Ball for what he did this week.
They feel betrayed by him and it will not be an easy thing to get them to welcome him back.
MM clearly acknowledges that his information is third hand.

However if true I think it put the nail in the coffin of Luke Balls career and any chance he EVER had of playing with the Saints again.

If RL was the bastard Luke balls camp is attempting to make out - the players would have understood Balls action.

But if the players are really angry at Ball for walking out on them - well it puts everything in a different light.

Personally I think this week has shown plenty about the lack of character of Luke Ball and his entourage.

The playing out of this in the media by his management

1) the leak about the $500k offered by Collingwood
2) the following leak that Collingwood were paying less than the Saints (meaning the Saints offered more than $500k pfft :roll: - dont think so)
3) more game time - how can anyone offer that? And does he want more game time or more games? Or does he want to play finals?
4) Then bringing in his "family" and what they think
5) Then the "relationship" with the Saints is untenable.

All in a week this went on FFS.

the players aren't stupid. They know that Balls management were planning on him to dump them while they were trying to play in and win the biggest games of their lives.

If you were a player how would you feel if a player was planning to jump ship while you were trying to win a flag?

If true (and I have no reason to doubt MM) this is damning on Luke Ball and I for one dont think Ball would have the courage or character to even try to win back support from the players.

Sadly Balls true colours has been shown for all to see in this tawdry episode. I am very saddened by all of this and the way Ball has - in all probability - wrecked friendships.

Hope the % to his manager was worth it Luke.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I am pleased to hear that they are angry, not so much who it's directed at, but more that they are so fiercly loyal to the CLUB....

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

there is only one fact that I know to be true.
JB and MM dont want LB at the club anymore.
That alone should be enough to convince him to find a new home.

Seeya
S.A Saint
Club Player

this has dragged on long enough...im waiting to see an interview with either ross lyon or luke ball to put everything straight as there are a million rumours going around as to what really happened...i have no idea so im not going to judge anyone on what they thought happened....

if an mm is correct about the players being livid with luke ball...then i do not want to see him return to the club....however if the playing group comes out and says that they have nothing against lukel and that on occasions he may have been treated poorly, then im all for him staying and trying to fight his was back into the team....

realdeal
Club Player

enough gossip mongering already.. its like bold and the beautiful on this site sometimes.

lets actually wait for the real facts to come out.. well thats what i heard 3rd hand from my sisters husbands apprentice who's name was mario winmar... geez people..

:roll:

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

We don't know how much is true and we would all prefer that Luke Ball stays but ..

luke Ball was being paid like he was one of our top 2 players - so he should hold no grudges against St Kilda.

If Luke Ball decides to go (I hope he doesn't) it'll just give Armitage the chance to develop.

Armitage is a clever player who can kick a few goals too and does everything Luke ball does but maybe even just a little bit better - and he'll be finally given a chance to show his wares if Luke Ball does the unthinkable and decides to leave.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:there is only one fact that I know to be true.
JB and MM dont want LB at the club anymore.
That alone should be enough to convince him to find a new home.
I can't speak on JB's behalf but in my case you wouldn't have a clue as to what I want or don't want.

In this instance I would love for Luke Ball to stay and play the football he was capable of.
Unfortunately I believe his 'money grubbing' manager has painted him into a corner where that will be difficult to happen.
Things have been said on his behalf by people who should have kept their mouths shut and it will require some great acts of forgiveness on behalf of many to allow this fractured relationship to heal.

But you just believe what you want to believe.
I'm sure you're happy accepting any waffle that's fed to you by people with an agenda to push.

Jsut ask yourself a couple of questions.
If St Kilda didn't value Luke Ball then why did they offer him, in June, a 3 year contract for 300k?
DO you seriously believe they are so stupid that they would offer 4% of their total salary cap for 3 years to somebody they didn't want?

Becasue that's the crux of the villification of St Kilda by Paul Connors and his tribe of media whores - 'it's not about the money, but about Ball not being valued at St Kilda'.

The actual facts don't seem to fit the nonsense they're trying to push.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I honestly doubt players really care about another player trying to better himself either with a new contract at the same club or especially going to another club because there may be limited opportunities at the existing club. This looks like why Bally wants to leave so I doubt any player has a problem with what he was trying to do and if he happens to stay which I doubt very much, the players will grab him with open arms.

BaysideSaint
Club Player

MM has been bang on the money.

The problem surfaced before and after the collingwood final.
The 300k figure though is a bit less than what the contract actually involved and the 500k from collingwood an exaduration.

The contract offers were approx. 350 & 450 respectively.
The difference between the two contracts was a mere 100k per annum.

My personal opinion is that if LB and his management want to question their position and LB's status at St Kilda over 100k then good luck to them.

Personally, I believe that guys like BJ and Co. were always trying to get LB to stay but that nothing they could say could get him to see it their way and that for approx. 100k LB lost his head.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BaysideSaint wrote:MM has been bang on the money.

The 300k figure though is a bit less than what the contract actually involved and the 500k from collingwood an exaduration.

My personal opinion is that if LB and his management want to question their position and LB's status at St Kilda over 100k then good luck to them.

Personally, I believe that guys like BJ and Co. were always trying to get LB to stay but that nothing they could say could get him to see it their way and that for approx. 100k LB lost his head.
And you know these figures because you are either Luke Ball or his manager because they plus a couple in each club would be the only ones who know.

snippa
Club Player

[quote="Mr Magic"]

But you just believe what you want to believe.
I'm sure you're happy accepting any waffle that's fed to you by people with an agenda to push.

quote]

Isn't this ironic......dont you think?

I am the king of the divan
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I think Ball has made a massive mistake, and for whatever reason he made it, it's going to cost him heavily. I think his manager has taken advantage of a player who's had a tough year and grabbed him during a highly emotional time. Had all of this happened a month after the GF it probably would never have happened. I'm still surprised Ball wanted/wants to leave, I'm also amazed there isn't more transperancy about why this has happened? I refuse to believe RL has been unfair to any player either.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:I think Ball has made a massive mistake, and for whatever reason he made it, it's going to cost him heavily. I think his manager has taken advantage of a player who's had a tough year and grabbed him during a highly emotional time. Had all of this happened a month after the GF it probably would never have happened. I'm still surprised Ball wanted/wants to leave, I'm also amazed there isn't more transperancy about why this has happened? I refuse to believe RL has been unfair to any player either.
Yep Luke Ball isnt smart enough to make up his own mind.

BaysideSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

And you know these figures because you are either Luke Ball or his manager because they plus a couple in each club would be the only ones who know.
i know for a fact that BJ was trying to get him to sign after the collingwood game.
as for the figures, i will say that bally was asked to take a paycut of around 250k.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BaysideSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

i know for a fact that BJ was trying to get him to sign after the collingwood game.
as for the figures, i will say that bally was asked to take a paycut of around 250k.

Funny that BJ would try to get him to stay after a game. As I know it players never really get involved with what other players do. As for the paycut welll I dont know how you would know that but even if it is right, how do you know what the pies offered. Got a foot in both camps?

makemytime
Club Player

oh dear, the ball saga continues, i guess all we can do now is wait,
or maybe we can ring him up and give him 20 bux from our piggy banks to make him resign (what doggie fans did to lake)

BaysideSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
BaysideSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Funny that BJ would try to get him to stay after a game. As I know it players never really get involved with what other players do. As for the paycut welll I dont know how you would know that but even if it is right, how do you know what the pies offered. Got a foot in both camps?
as you know nothing plugger i will enlighten you.
players are mates by nature, they talk to each other, they do things for each other, they listen to each other and they have opinion's.
this has less to do with the collingwood offer (if there were one) and more to do with a breakdown in logic.
if the players and the club want him to stay all they have to do is buy a $600k dogbox in richmond and sell it in twelve months time.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Accroding to Flog Stevens in the HUN, Ball, if he plays now for the Dees, will be making a tilt for a finals spot with the Red and Blue in 2011!!!

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St. Luke wrote:I think Ball has made a massive mistake, and for whatever reason he made it, it's going to cost him heavily. I think his manager has taken advantage of a player who's had a tough year and grabbed him during a highly emotional time. Had all of this happened a month after the GF it probably would never have happened. I'm still surprised Ball wanted/wants to leave, I'm also amazed there isn't more transperancy about why this has happened? I refuse to believe RL has been unfair to any player either.
Did I say he was a dumbar$e?? And obviously you understand the pressures that have been placed on Ball?? Please enlighten me so that I can have a better understanding.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

am i the only one that finds it tiresome that people that don't know the full story or the context, are making savage judgements on a man's character/actions?

the righteousness

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Did I say he was a dumbar$e?? And obviously you understand the pressures that have been placed on Ball?? Please enlighten me so that I can have a better understanding.
I have a feeling Bally wouldnt take notice of anyone but himself and family unless you think a manager would make him do something he didnt want to really do.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:am i the only one that finds it tiresome that people that don't know the full story or the context, are making savage judgements on a man's character/actions?

the righteousness
this!
and these people are harping on about loyalty?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:
skeptic wrote:am i the only one that finds it tiresome that people that don't know the full story or the context, are making savage judgements on a man's character/actions?

the righteousness
this!
I reckon, given the publicly known circumstances, the discussion has been relatively mild and sympathetic.

The known facts are not very flattering for LB.

He, his manager and the Pies are getting the very enormous benefit of a very small doubt if you reckon they've behaved in any way reasonably/smartly/ethically.

To be honest, I'm over the whole Ball thing.

I'm more upset about X Clarke moving north. Seemed a genuinely good person, the kind you'd want at a club.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
desertsaint wrote:

the righteousness
this!
I reckon, given the publicly known circumstances, the discussion has been relatively mild and sympathetic.

The known facts are not very flattering for LB.

He, his manager and the Pies are getting the very enormous benefit of a very small doubt if you reckon they've behaved in any way reasonably/smartly/ethically.

To be honest, I'm over the whole Ball thing.

I'm more upset about X Clarke moving north. Seemed a genuinely good person, the kind you'd want at a club.

I'm not saying they have but people are questioning Ball's attitude, his work rate, his integrity, saying he didn't want to work hard enough, that he's sooking, that he thinks playing in the 2s is beneath him... all this garbage.

the bottom line is that WE DON'T KNOW what kind of exchange took place between him and Ross Lyon (not a dig at RL) and I don't regard a 3yr contract as air tight evidence that RL wanted him to stay at the Saints and felt he was an important part of the fututre.
I don't know the terms of the contract... I'm open to the possibility that maybe it was a c#@p contract.

I'm open to the possibility that RL may well not see Ball as part of the team that he wants to build and has told him so and is doing what he can to move him on or keep him at absolute bargain based rates.
I don't say that because I hate RL or think its a bad decision or think he's out of order... like I've said previously, I actually think if we could have gotten a good trade for Ball we should have taken it (IMO he's best may be behind him).

However, I think it's disgraceful that people on a lack of evidence are prepared to question his work rate, his commitment, his integrity with ridicuolous comments like "he wants to go goes he's not prepared to work hard enough", "doesn't believe he should ever play in the 2s", "he's egos hurt coz he was dropped" and all that garbage.

He's been a consumate professional since he came to the club and now he's done and said all this horrible stuff

I'm obviously not as gifted as a lot of forumites here, I can't take bits of hearsay, distinguish between what's true and not when I don't know and then question people's actions and integrity

BaysideSaint
Club Player

the deal was believed to be $1m over three years. approx. 600k (after tax).

PC prolly had a view to GC17 anyway.
LB is thinking:
"I'm not playing for peanuts .. I can get better at GC anyway"
RL is like:
"One thing LB .. you wont win Premierships at GC17!"
LB is like:
"I dont give a fcuk RL .. you're a (~^7"
RL is like:
"You know what LB, fine, be an asshole. I'm just doing my job"
LB is like:
"What do you guys reckon .. are we going to win a flag?"
BJ is like: