luke ball theory

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gosainters66
Club Player

luke ball theory

IMO i think the club has taken the punt that luke will re-sign back with us because he wont want to play for melbourne and not play finals for the rest of his career in witch they will get him for a cheap price and we also retain our depth

SAINTS FOR EVER
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I hope you are right.

Beekay
SS Life Member

V + = Luke Ball can pack his bags
V - = And f@#* off

sainter104
Club Player

Beekay I like your math
:P

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

never was good at math, but i think i get it :D

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I think you are dreaming.

stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

I've taken in alot of imfo over the last week or so and this Luke Ball debacle should of never happened. All he had to do was sign the contract, it has been on the table since June . Now it is ugly and wonder whether he will return with his tail between his legs. To me he is a quality player and valued leader but no person is as big as the club.
When Ross spoke the night of the grand final dinner we all know who he was talking about now, what a shame this has happened but what will be will be.

sarah 2
Club Player

ive been sauying since his deal wasn,t done to collingwood that he will resign for a year and reassess his options at the end of next year, that at least is what i think'

GO SAINTS
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I think you are dreaming.
Yep, I reckon he's as good as gone

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

I have alaways found it interesting that when Robert Walls gives his season previews he has said (for last two seasons at least) that Luke Ball has to do more. He has to kick goals, and be more proactive to go with his great defensive qualities. i think Ross has his own opinions, but he and Walls seem to have similar views on things. I'm afraid Luke didn't do enough in attack again this year.

Having said that I watched the 1st QUARTER of the GF again last night (I know, I know), and Luke was tremendous in his efforts and endeavour. And his disposal was good. One of his tackles was an incredible act of intensity and desperation.

A very sad situation. I hope we can keep him, but frankly doubt it. Can he improve in attack? Is his body improving. A while ago he had a similar groin op to Judd. It was said Judd was better the second season after the op. Next year will be Luke's second season after his.

Have a look at the 1st Q if you can bear it. Luke was tremendous.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Whatever the case, it has been poorly managed by Luke's manager, Is that Paul Connors.

He need to control the media speculation and could still do so if he stood up. By not representing his client well, Saints fans in part, have turned on him and he has a tarnished reputation in the industry now.

Very weak effort.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:Image
Incorrect. Didn't account for the way the bench rotation enhanced his impact during the GF.

The 3 body problem describes it better. Luke is the red ball, we are the blue one and collingwood are the green one. To make it easier to understand it's been depicted using a lateral Hudghton pathway.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Re: luke ball theory

gosainters66 wrote:IMO i think the club has taken the punt that luke will re-sign back with us because he wont want to play for melbourne and not play finals for the rest of his career in witch they will get him for a cheap price and we also retain our depth
If that was the case, some what contradicts Lyon's statement of "if you don't want to play for the Saints, I'll move you on".

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
sainter104
Club Player

bottom line for me regards luke ball

1 he stays a saint I cheer as loud for him as any other saints supporter

2 he goes i boo him as i would any one who helps defeat the saints ( xavier excluded )

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote: The 3 body problem describes it better. Luke is the red ball, we are the blue one and collingwood are the green one. To make it easier to understand it's been depicted using a lateral Hudghton pathway.

this perfectly illustrates what happened in trade week!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
saint3d
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote:
gosainters66 wrote:IMO i think the club has taken the punt that luke will re-sign back with us because he wont want to play for melbourne and not play finals for the rest of his career in witch they will get him for a cheap price and we also retain our depth
If that was the case, some what contradicts Lyon's statement of "if you don't want to play for the Saints, I'll move you on".
He didn't say that. He said 'if you're not prepared to work hard...'

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saint3d wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:
He didn't say that. He said 'if you're not prepared to work hard...'
Much as I'd love him to return, I'd be absolutely staggered if he did.
I think too many negative things have been said about St Kilda and Ross Lyon by people associated with Luke Ball.

In the faint hope that he might be convinced to return I think that the Club has refrainsed from saying much lest they exacerbate the problem.

mick13
Club Player

desertsaint wrote:
cowboy18 wrote: The 3 body problem describes it better. Luke is the red ball, we are the blue one and collingwood are the green one. To make it easier to understand it's been depicted using a lateral Hudghton pathway.

Went round and round in circles as ended up in the same place we started?

What did the Luke Ball do when he saw his overall Game Time this year?

He turned 360 degrees and walked away.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

mick13 wrote:
desertsaint wrote:

I think you might mean 180 degrees?
360 degrees would pput you in exactly the same spot you started.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Mr Magic wrote:
mick13 wrote:
desertsaint wrote:

I think you might mean 180 degrees?
360 degrees would pput you in exactly the same spot you started.
Correct.

saintrod
Club Player

If he was going to stay he would have already signed the contract. He is now just waiting till next week to announce the inevitable which is that he will be play with the D's next season.

He has burned too many bridges at the saints to go back and won't get to the pies as the Ds have made it clear they will pursue him in the national draft or the PSD as he is a perfect replacement for McLean.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintrod wrote:If he was going to stay he would have already signed the contract. He is now just waiting till next week to announce the inevitable which is that he will be play with the D's next season.

He has burned too many bridges at the saints to go back and won't get to the pies as the Ds have made it clear they will pursue him in the national draft or the PSD as he is a perfect replacement for McLean.
Sorry, can't help but have another dig at those who think we behaved badly by not accepting draft pick #25 from Collingwood.

Melbourne received pick #11 from Carlton for McLean. The Demons themselves rate Ball a better player than McLean?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I don't think that Luke Ball's Manager is specifically working for Luke Ball.

Not really phased, but really, Luke shot himself in the foot here with regards to St Kilda.

He can go wherever he wants...Whatever.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Gurgman
Club Player

In the end , we can all have our opinions as to what has gone on with luke but i dont think as much as we would like we will ever know the truth as to what went on . For the clubs sake i think its best he moves on no matter where he ends up , are you really scared if he ended up at collingwood , im not .
He might be a nice bloke but we are not going to win a flag with him in our side , the closest player to him in the geelong side is Selwood and he does damage , Luke doesnt

And i thought this was a forum
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Gurgman wrote:In the end , we can all have our opinions as to what has gone on with luke but i dont think as much as we would like we will ever know the truth as to what went on . For the clubs sake i think its best he moves on no matter where he ends up , are you really scared if he ended up at collingwood , im not .
He might be a nice bloke but we are not going to win a flag with him in our side , the closest player to him in the geelong side is Selwood and he does damage , Luke doesnt
Interesting question really that hasnt really been addressed....do we need Luke Ball?

You get the feel we are still seduced by the talent he couldve been as opposed to what he is.

For mine I dont agree with the above post. I do think right now hes a better in and under option than Armitage by a fair wayand he has the ability to get first hands on the footy often.

I hope he stays - his ball winning ability combining with the run of a Lovett IMHO gives us a new dimension...and just maybe takes some of the pressure off Ball to provide that (which I dont think hes now ever gonna have).

So IF Ball stays we retain an extremely good in and under in a side with more run...win/win.

“Yeah….nah””