Anyone else like me?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HarveysDeciple

Anyone else like me?

Obviously the grand final result knocked me on my ass like most people.

Then slowly but surely was moving on, but every now and then the bloody thing comes back and haunts you and you find yourself thinking about it out of nowhere.

Had a bad week, wish I could move on.

Batnoe

I am like you, yes

i actually thought the heading was, anyone else like me? meaning does anyone like me!

yipper
SS Life Member

Only when ppl keep bringing it up!!!

Trying to move on - realisation of a lost opportunity is certainly the main problem for us all.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Every time I think I'm just about over it, I read something or someone says something to me or I decide I want to watch a classic match and before you know it, the pain starts again.

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
milney044
Club Player

Yep every time i walk past Geelong supporters at work.
Every time i walk past the AFL store and see all the navy and white and think damn those lucky b@stards..and then it suddenly hits you where you get this massive wake up call where you're like hang on a minute..that was against the Saints. Bloody hell that should be us. :twisted: It's so bizarre because it feels weird looking at the celebrations and actually coming to the realization that they beat us to get there. It sucks.

Every time i walk in to my room i pretty much go through it again- having to look at them all. There's just no escape. There's even a picture of them in my toilet! And i know i'm insane cause i can't take them down cause it's like surrendering and i just want to get behind them and believe they'll go all the way next year and at the same time its this massive depression because i know what we have lost this year.

And then you look at the footy fixture and think what! No blockbuster rematch 'til mid year! And then you think pfft as if the game even matters. All that matters now is that last Saturday in September.
Yep, you could say i'm like you. Mental, crazy, obsessed and maddeningly devoted to this team that puts us through so much and yet we are here year after year, hoping and willing them to one day repay us for our unrewarding faith!

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
markinUSA
SS Life Member

It is indeed very tough; I can only imagine how the players must feel.

I tried to watch the game (which has been recorded) and got about 1 minute into it, couldn't do it.

I could barely breathe sometimes; it was hard to walk around, I would sit with my hands in my face a lot... it was a real grief process. Absolutely.

I have barely typed here since the GF... it is tough.

There are a couple of things I do:

* try to realize when I am dwelling on it, and force myself to stop, and then force myself to think about something else;

* try to be grateful for the good things - both in my life and with the Saints;

* start thinking about next year; think about Luke Ball and the contract mess he is in; start thinking about the schedule for games next year or the draft or something;

* When all else fails, just admit, yes, it is painful. And it might not go away for a long time, and it may come and go sometimes more than others, but it will pass.

* Remember that amongst the sadness, the club gives us a lot of joy, pride, happiness, entertainment, and dreams of a better future. Really try to be grateful for the moments of happiness or pride the club has given you, or the mates you've made following it.

* Think about some of our legends... even some of the ones who never played for us, like Jack Barker, or some that played for us... a favourite of yours... and how they make us feel.

* When all else fails, I start to think about stuff like: what merchandise can I buy from the shop for next year; what game(s) could I see if it involves travel; what would be good chants (or comebacks) at a game; and stuff like that. If you have to think about footy, keep your mind busy on other things like that, (not necessarily related to this season).

* Start to think about next year. Be the coach. Who would you play and where? Be the list manager. What would you do? Who would you look at, and what would you look for? Be a fan. What would you say if you saw a player?
Be a friend - what would you say to someone who was still upset about something like this, if you understood how much they cared.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
ace
Saintsational Legend

You may not be my favourite person but I don't dislike you! :D :D :D

Hang in there, eventually you will find some else who likes you, maybe your mum, dad or the dog.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

I'm licensee/barman at our cricket clubrooms. Last Thursday a Girlong supporter walked in singing their theme song. I reluctantly congratulated him as it was the first time I'd seen him since that awful day.
I thought about revenge all week & when he came in yesterdayI opened up with -
Oh when the beers cost 10 bucks each
oh when the beers cost 10 bucks each
You'll remember not to bag St Kilda
Oh when the beers cost 10 buck each.

I got a laugh from him & not a mention of the football during the night.

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:You may not be my favourite person but I don't dislike you! :D :D :D

Hang in there, eventually you will find some else who likes you, maybe your mum, dad or the dog.
The dog is a lost cause I think :lol: :wink:

They walk amongst us...

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Anyone else like me?

HarveysDeciple wrote:Obviously the grand final result knocked me on my ass like most people.

Then slowly but surely was moving on, but every now and then the bloody thing comes back and haunts you and you find yourself thinking about it out of nowhere.

Had a bad week, wish I could move on.
i don't remember posting this but yes it's exactly how i feel

god i wish i didn't give a damn

HarveysDeciple

ace wrote:You may not be my favourite person but I don't dislike you! :D :D :D

You can always rely on the dog mate.

:wink:

He likes me no matter what.

saintly_safes
Club Player

Im flat as a pancake carnt believe we didnt win that game . I really want to be positive & I realise we are a good side & we will be competetive again next season but to be in that position & lose still makes me cry :cry: But with the help of you boys & girls & the dream of seeing that cup in Rooys hands next year will be enough to get me pumped up for another assault on that last Saturday in September.Keep the faith B&G'S if we hang tough for long enough we will succeed :wink:

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

No doubt it totally sucks :cry: Hubbie suggested it was time I put away the newspapers that have been sitting on the bench since the GF. So I went to shove them in the "paper draw", but it was shocker. So tonight has been a "cleansing" of sorts for me. Papers from 2004, 2005, etc to sort through. Havn't read much as it is just to distressing. Kept mostly photos, especially Harves. So many lost opportunities, its enough to make you want to slash your wrists, almost!!!!!!!!!! :( Sometimes I feel like I havn't got it in me to do it all again.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saintly_safes
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:No doubt it totally sucks :cry: Hubbie suggested it was time I put away the newspapers that have been sitting on the bench since the GF. So I went to shove them in the "paper draw", but it was shocker. So tonight has been a "cleansing" of sorts for me. Papers from 2004, 2005, etc to sort through. Havn't read much as it is just to distressing. Kept mostly photos, especially Harves. So many lost opportunities, its enough to make you want to slash your wrists, almost!!!!!!!!!! :( Sometimes I feel like I havn't got it in me to do it all again.
Your a die hard Bev & we need your sort around the place :) Chin up babe if we all pull together we can do this , we really can :wink:

oh when
Club Player

Still Hurts

I work in Frankston and when I walk past Harves shop - it now has Geelong Grand Final Photos in the front window - I swear to myself - it still hurts - oh how it still hurts.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Still Hurts

oh when wrote:I work in Frankston and when I walk past Harves shop - it now has Geelong Grand Final Photos in the front window - I swear to myself - it still hurts - oh how it still hurts.
A rock through the window is allowed, but just the one, after all it is Harves' shop.
If you get caught tell the cops you are a Collingwood supporter.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
oh when
Club Player

I Can't be Collingwood

But I have teeth

mick13
Club Player

f*** I seem to bring it up/it gets brought up whilst drinking and I proceed to cry like a bitch and reminisce Chapman kicking that goal over my head.

:(

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Just got a call from a Carlscum fan advising me that I may like to watch Channel ONE for the next 119 minutes - except the last couple of minutes.

Anyone else want to torch his joint? :twisted:

avid
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:Just got a call from a Carlscum fan advising me that I may like to watch Channel ONE for the next 119 minutes - except the last couple of minutes.
I've tried it for most of the 2nd quarter.

But, nup -- stilll can't do it.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

mick13 wrote:f*** I seem to bring it up/it gets brought up whilst drinking and I proceed to cry like a bitch and reminisce Chapman kicking that goal over my head.

:(
at least you saw the killer punch, everyone in front of us were up off their seat and I just assumed the game was over......

I can't remember much of the game actually and have a feeling I might never actually watch the game

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
SteveStevens66
Club Player

markinUSA wrote:It is indeed very tough; I can only imagine how the players must feel.

I tried to watch the game (which has been recorded) and got about 1 minute into it, couldn't do it.

I could barely breathe sometimes; it was hard to walk around, I would sit with my hands in my face a lot... it was a real grief process. Absolutely.

I have barely typed here since the GF... it is tough.

There are a couple of things I do:

* try to realize when I am dwelling on it, and force myself to stop, and then force myself to think about something else;

* try to be grateful for the good things - both in my life and with the Saints;

* start thinking about next year; think about Luke Ball and the contract mess he is in; start thinking about the schedule for games next year or the draft or something;

* When all else fails, just admit, yes, it is painful. And it might not go away for a long time, and it may come and go sometimes more than others, but it will pass.

* Remember that amongst the sadness, the club gives us a lot of joy, pride, happiness, entertainment, and dreams of a better future. Really try to be grateful for the moments of happiness or pride the club has given you, or the mates you've made following it.

* Think about some of our legends... even some of the ones who never played for us, like Jack Barker, or some that played for us... a favourite of yours... and how they make us feel.

* When all else fails, I start to think about stuff like: what merchandise can I buy from the shop for next year; what game(s) could I see if it involves travel; what would be good chants (or comebacks) at a game; and stuff like that. If you have to think about footy, keep your mind busy on other things like that, (not necessarily related to this season).

* Start to think about next year. Be the coach. Who would you play and where? Be the list manager. What would you do? Who would you look at, and what would you look for? Be a fan. What would you say if you saw a player?
Be a friend - what would you say to someone who was still upset about something like this, if you understood how much they cared.
Top post! Full of sound, sensible advice.

Carna Saints!!!
Thomas
Club Player

Spare a thought for Saints supporters living in the Geelong area, everywhere there are gocats signs and bumper stickers people are still flying the flags on cars, it is a living hell. I hate them.

When the going gets tough,the tough gets going.

CARN THE SAINTS.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

My heart truely goes out to the people that live in the Geelong area.

Note - Time to change your signature :)

Qld Saints Supporter Group
SaintDebi
Club Player

Thomas wrote:Spare a thought for Saints supporters living in the Geelong area, everywhere there are gocats signs and bumper stickers people are still flying the flags on cars, it is a living hell. I hate them.
So so true. I know if we had won I'd be basking in the glory as long as I could, but that doesn't make me hate Geelong and their supporters any less.
And as for bumper stickers, have you seen the latest? Something along the lines of "Two out of Three Aint Bad". :evil:

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.