We Love Ross

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe

We Love Ross

I Love Ross Lyon. he got us to a grand final and gets the best out of most players

Even after trading our first pick ( quite worth it)

Not getting much for X Clarke

Delisting Matt Maguire

Not Giving Max the send off

Holding strong regarding Luke Ball

If this was any other coach, we would be calling for his axeing.... This just proves that this is the man for the job. We can see that he has done the right things, wants players playing for the right cause. Bring out the best in them all. Although not getting anything for the 3 above players, we are still in a fantastic position!!

The Fans Love The Coach... You cant ask for more than that. If the fans didnt like him, we would be in turmoil, or so it would seem, but he's done what is best for the club.

Made us look strong, make players do what they have to do get a game etc etc

Wouldnt you hate to be his wife!

Well done Ross, do what you think is right, ill back ya

Cheers

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Quite Simply I agree. :D

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
saintlee
Club Player

Apparently he has ice in his veins

aussiejones
Club Player

You have to be happy with the job he has done to date.

We know we are on the way ......just need some tweaking in the forward area / goal kicking dept as it was obvious toward the end of the year there was too much reliance on Big Nick.

asiu

get fitter , get faster , execute skills , breathe gameplan and no backchat umpires

i'm on board

(there was a great read on ross ... http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sp ... 5779760517 )

Milton66
SS Life Member

saintlee wrote:Apparently he has ice in his veins
yeah, I loved that quote in the article. Was made by a player manager. Wonder who?

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
santazzi
Club Player

I have been following the postings regarding ball, X and Maguire eagerly. My brain says that the stance taken by Lyon and the club was correct, fair and courageous. If we have taken pick whatever for Ball in fear of losing him for nothing, the cave in would have haunted a generation of Saints officials at the negotiating table. We will have also created monsters by further emboldning rougue and bully clubs. We have done ourselves and weaker but fair minded clubs a favour.

But my heart has been troubled until I stumbled on the thought that I was realy in grief for the decimation of the magnificient 5 of 2001. Three gone just like that. A shock to my system.....

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

santazzi wrote:I have been following the postings regarding ball, X and Maguire eagerly. My brain says that the stance taken by Lyon and the club was correct, fair and courageous. If we have taken pick whatever for Ball in fear of losing him for nothing, the cave in would have haunted a generation of Saints officials at the negotiating table. We will have also created monsters by further emboldning rougue and bully clubs. We have done ourselves and weaker but fair minded clubs a favour.

But my heart has been troubled until I stumbled on the thought that I was realy in grief for the decimation of the magnificient 5 of 2001. Three gone just like that. A shock to my system.....
Sure you hate to loose 3 players like that, but remember, all because of injury.

Proud that we have stood up for ourselves. The club should stand up for what they want, no what Luke wants. Lyon said if players didn't want to do what is asked that they should walk. That is exactly what has happened.

Lyon is tough and thats what we need if we are to win a GF. Sometimes we won't like what he does, but we must have the faith that he is in a better position to make these decisions than we are.

As for his wife, having met Lyon up here last year, I found him to be humorous, a gentleman and very different to the Ross the Coach.

I think he wears his different hats very well, and improving with experience.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

He has proven himself IMHO.

He wants the best, he seeks the best and I believe he will get the best from this club and team.

Keep the faith!

onlooker
Club Player

santazzi wrote:I have been following the postings regarding ball, X and Maguire eagerly. My brain says that the stance taken by Lyon and the club was correct, fair and courageous. If we have taken pick whatever for Ball in fear of losing him for nothing, the cave in would have haunted a generation of Saints officials at the negotiating table. We will have also created monsters by further emboldning rougue and bully clubs. We have done ourselves and weaker but fair minded clubs a favour.

I agree. The importance of maintaining integrity in these negotiations cannot be underestimated. If the Club had rolled to the inadequate C'wood offer our acceptance would have haunted us in future negotiations.

asiu

bought time as well

turn luke around time (even though we / he didn't)

and still, at this stage , a contender (to drop out of the finals in straight sets again) will have to work hard to get him

**** collingwood , go mwelbourne , well done us

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Ross Lyon doesn't care what you think.

I think that is the key.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
milney044
Club Player

Yep, huge Ross fan from day one. Partly well ok 100% due to the fact he took Milney off the trade table. But i've remained a fan ever since. He's taken us places and really should be the 2009 Premiership coach if not for inaccurate kicking which he had no control over.

I like how he demands the best out of every player and he's certainly got the best out of Mini and CJ who i never expected to be the players they are now. He's also considerably lifted the player's work rate and consistency (particularly Dal and Milne) and isn't affraid to show who's boss. I wasn't a fan of the defensive style game to begin with but i think the players have learnt the way Ross wants them to play and gel as a team.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Interestingly this morning on SEN the clowns "opened the lines" about Luke Ball.

I am sure they eagerly awaited the throngs of Saints fans bemoaning that we lost ball "for nothing" (to paraphrase that idiot Matt Thompson :roll: )

the two Saints callers they allowed to air were fulsome in praise for the stance taken on Ball by the club, one enthusing about Lovett and peake, and the other basically saying that we have freed up the SC, had stood on our priciples, and while it was sad to see LB go, bad luck.

Seemed that Maher and co were pretty dissapointed they didn't get the usual nuffies stating the same old unthinking cliches, but then again they have Matt Thompson to do that.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
markp
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Interestingly this morning on SEN the clowns "opened the lines" about Luke Ball.

I am sure they eagerly awaited the throngs of Saints fans bemoaning that we lost ball "for nothing" (to paraphrase that idiot Matt Thompson :roll: )

the two Saints callers they allowed to air were fulsome in praise for the stance taken on Ball by the club, one enthusing about Lovett and peake, and the other basically saying that we have freed up the SC, had stood on our priciples, and while it was sad to see LB go, bad luck.

Seemed that Maher and co were pretty dissapointed they didn't get the usual nuffies stating the same old unthinking cliches, but then again they have Matt Thompson to do that.
I tried to get on and bleat that it shoulda been Raph (cos he's so f'n useless), but I couldn't get through... :(

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Interestingly this morning on SEN the clowns "opened the lines" about Luke Ball.

You mean no-one bagged Raph??? Sheesh some producer will get their bum kicked. First saints-related talkback on that shataion ever to be Raph-bash free!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
fingers
Saintsational Legend

I dont care we got nothing. I dont care that he has gone (it has taken me a day or so to get there). I thank him and wish him all the best.

The bigger picture for me is that RL and the club's actions are aligned with what they have been saying all along. TEAM and CLUB first.

I love that we didn't get pushed around.

I love that choosing to leave the club is a big deal, but not big enough for the club to go against its principles.

I love that managers think that RL has ice in his veins.

I love that other clubs and supporters are talking about us and liking us less. I hope they hate us. Because that would mean we are on top.

I love that there are no sacred cows at St Kilda. In the past Luke wold have been one.

I love where we are right now and can't wait for 2010.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I think Ross Lyon has shown once and for all that;

IT IS THE DOG WAGGING THE TAIL AT St KILDA, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND

And that can only be a good thing for the club !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

For all you fans who can remember Ross running around in a Fitzroy jumper, he was a hard nut. Thankfully he still is.
At least he has that in common with Yabby. Uncompromising.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:For all you fans who can remember Ross running around in a Fitzroy jumper, he was a hard nut. Thankfully he still is.
Yes I remember. He played with a "guard" on his forearm that came in handy on occasions !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
borderbarry wrote:For all you fans who can remember Ross running around in a Fitzroy jumper, he was a hard nut. Thankfully he still is.
Yes I remember. He played with a "guard" on his forearm that came in handy on occasions !!
Yup a real hard at it no nonesense key backman. When he hit you, you stayed it.

Sounds like it is the way he conducts himself as a coach and leader of our club.

I reckon we have got ourselves a beauty.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saints94
SS Life Member

He is a great coach and i just love him to pieces.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Who else feels like a massive idiot for ever doubting him?

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Who else feels like a massive idiot for ever doubting him?
I think it was fair enough to doubt him to a certain extent.

Nobody is above critisism and the way we played last season was ordinary except for the second part of the year, but then slipped back in the finals.

We played very boring football.

This season was different and it was exciting to see us attack without the ball.

Lance or James??

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Armoooo wrote:Who else feels like a massive idiot for ever doubting him?
I think it was fair enough to doubt him to a certain extent.

Nobody is above critisism and the way we played last season was ordinary except for the second part of the year, but then slipped back in the finals.

We played very boring football.

This season was different and it was exciting to see us attack without the ball.
I was at the stage where I wanted Ross sacked and Harvey appointed captain/coach for the rest of the season :lol: :lol:

It was mostly in tongue and cheek, but I still think I over did it :lol: :lol:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!