Forward Focus= Kosi article

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Forward Focus= Kosi article

http://www.bordermail.com.au/news/local ... torypage=1

[quote ]
Justin Koschitzke is still struggling to face a devastating premiership defeat to Geelong and the biological clock is ticking loudly over his AFL career. But a desire to ‘bounce back’ coupled with a steely resolve from his teammates shows Koschitzke is determined to make this season one to remember, NIALL SEEWANG reports.
JUSTIN Koschitzke has always attacked the ball like a man possessed and the St Kilda star has two major reasons to take on the upcoming preseason exactly the same way.

Of course, the 2001 Rising Star winner doesn’t know any other way of approaching his football but the kamikaze big man has a burning desire to bounce back after the disappointment of losing the grand final to Geelong>>>>>>>>>>>.>[/quote].

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Heard that for the last decade in regards to Koschitzke.....

If he plays at his best, he's an AA, everyone knows that.

The problem is, he never keeps it up for long enough to be considered.

Until I see him prove how good I know he can be on the field, I'll remain a skeptic.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:Heard that for the last decade in regards to Koschitzke.....

Until I see him prove how good I know he can be on the field, I'll remain a skeptic.
If he didn't win you over this year, he never will...

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I guess people just forget what a fantastic year he was having until he injured his hand. Obviously a worse injury that it appeared. He never did take that glove off, that bothered me GF day, when I thought it would be off for sure.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Saint Bev wrote:I guess people just forget what a fantastic year he was having until he injured his hand. Obviously a worse injury that it appeared. He never did take that glove off, that bothered me GF day, when I thought it would be off for sure.
My thoughts exactly. If you looked closely, it was taped to his wrist. His kicking accuracy went way down afterwards.

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

He could not have had too great a year. Full time FF is supposed to be your leading goal kicker. 45 not near enough for 20 matches. Lets hope he has a better return in 2010.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

He changed b/w FF and CHF with Roo all year. His first half of the year, even his first 16 rounds were first rate. After that he did drop off and didn't impact the scoreboard or influence the scores nearly enough. 45 goals from 20 matches is a fair return imo though, not great but fair - not that many FF's kicking more than that. He can do better though. His first 16 rounds showed that.

Most disappointing game for mine was the effort he put in at Tassie against the hawks when all our snr guys were out. I expected Kosi to stand up and be a leader like he was in 05 in similar circumstances. Instead it was Milne, Schneider, Armo and to a lesser extent Ball who stood up. He's the player we really need to stand up and fulfill his potential though, as he has more ability than everyone on the list bar Roo. Maybe, like Ball, it's not possible for him to do that due to injuries?

I will hold out hope for Kosi though until his last game. I love the way he attacks the ball. He and Gardi are exactly how big men should play. No point being big if no-one notices you.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

He has had 9 years to prove himself and still hasnt done it. Is very good player some days and ordinary on more days which to me makes him just at best above average. If he was so good early this year surely he should have finished in the top 8 in the b&F.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

I actually thought his season was not that bad in the context of what he needs to bring to the team. We might have to come to the relisation that he might never be that champion he looked like bein but if he works hard in the forward line and create opportunities for the smalls then he gets a pass mark

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
The Saintsational Man wrote:Heard that for the last decade in regards to Koschitzke.....

In that case, by your logic he will never win me over.

The club didn't rate him either. He failed to make top 10 in the B&F again.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:The club didn't rate him either. He failed to make top 10 in the B&F again.
Don't we play 22 each week? We also won 22 games, so I'd imagine that there would be more than ten players that the club rates.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:He has had 9 years to prove himself and still hasnt done it. Is very good player some days and ordinary on more days which to me makes him just at best above average. If he was so good early this year surely he should have finished in the top 8 in the b&F.

Couldn't have said it better.

aussiejones
Club Player

"He has had 9 years to prove himself and still hasnt done it. Is very good player some days and ordinary on more days which to me makes him just at best above average. If he was so good early this year surely he should have finished in the top 8 in the b&F."

Sad but true.

I keep hoping............. but he and Roo get further apart .

Lacks somethibg ...perhaps stamina ?

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Kosi would be the most frustrating player in my opinion.

When you see Buddy and Roughead develop and pass him in both goals scored and impact, it is very disappointing.

If McEvoy continues to improve, Walsh turns out to be the player that we hope he will be, and BJ become a forward option, Kosi may find it difficult next year.

Maybe he should be tried at Half Back, as he was in his Rising Star year. Then he could become a burst/impact player in the forward line as a Plan B for him.

I had written in my signature last year, If Kosi kicks 5 in the GF, we will win. Well he didn't and we didn't. Injury or not, and as some people have pointed out, he didn't finish in the Top 8 in our B&F. Conversely, Roo carried pain and injuries all year and is All Australian Captain. I'm not saying Kosi is Roo, but I think the gap should be closer between the two.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:He has had 9 years to prove himself and still hasnt done it. Is very good player some days and ordinary on more days which to me makes him just at best above average. If he was so good early this year surely he should have finished in the top 8 in the b&F.

Interesting comments. Some people on here have touted Lovett as the exact player that the saints need. Some have described him as a jet and a gun. I hope like hell that they're right. Personally I rate him around Kosi's mark. Can be brilliant but plays too many ordinary games. Also - he never finished in the top 10 of a bomber B&F. And they have been a far worse team than the saints in the last 6 years, so far less quality players for him to be better than....

Do people Rate Lovett as at best just above average? If so do they think we should have given up our 1st rounder for such a player. Just a thought.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

Interesting comments. Some people on here have touted Lovett as the exact player that the saints need. Some have described him as a jet and a gun. I hope like hell that they're right. Personally I rate him around Kosi's mark. Can be brilliant but plays too many ordinary games. Also - he never finished in the top 10 of a bomber B&F. And they have been a far worse team than the saints in the last 6 years, so far less quality players for him to be better than....

Do people Rate Lovett as at best just above average? If so do they think we should have given up our 1st rounder for such a player. Just a thought.
I do take your point about Lovett, Moods. IMHO the difference between Lovett and Kosi is that as a key forward in a great side, Kosi has had the opportunity to score and convert from great service from great midfielders and lots of Inside 50's. He was a number 2 draft pick, won the Rising Star, was given Stewie Loewe's number with a great level of expectation. Lovett had not been surrounded by the best players and is not a key forward like Kosi. However, with a great midfield around him, he has the potential to be a matchwinner. Having said that, my expectation of Lovett is lower than that of Kosi. I see Kosi in a similar light to Roughead and Roughead delivered in a Premiership Year. Lovett could be a Stuart Dew IMHO. Or a Chapman or an Embley.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:

I am sure he loses sleep about that Bernard...

Would you like to list the remaining players in the squad that didn't make the top ten, so we can see who elses the club "doesn't rate" ?

I am done defending players like Kosi and Raph to St Kilda "supporters" as I have realised there will always be those who enjoy having players that they can criticise...

I will just continue to support who I support, as I am confident that it's invested into someone who at least wants to pull on the club jumper!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Would you like to list the remaining players in the squad that didn't make the top ten, so we can see who elses the club "doesn't rate" ?

I am done defending players like Kosi and Raph to St Kilda "supporters" as I have realised there will always be those who enjoy having players that they can criticise...

I will just continue to support who I support, as I am confident that it's invested into someone who at least wants to pull on the club jumper!
Kosi is talked about here as the mesiah. He ain't, that's all I'm saying.

Don't bring up Raph in the same thread as Kosi.
Raph is the epitome of effort and endeavour, while Kosi is the opposite.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Ah, but I can bring up whoever I like in my posts...
Last edited by SainterK on Sat 21 Nov 2009 10:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Kosi still needs to justify the hype...

If he did then Roo wouldn't have to carry him and the other forwards that are inconsistent or go missing in the big games....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Ah, but I can bring up whoever I like my posts...
I too can bring up whoever I like, and I like Raph.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Well, that's confusing, you can talk about Raph in a Kosi thread but I cannot? :shock: :wink:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Well, that's confusing, you can talk about Raph in a Kosi thread but I cannot? :shock: :wink:
But I like Kosi. I just don't like the way he attempts to play football.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Spot onski.

But, if I may accentuate the positive for a moment, when he is on - which, granted, isn't as often as I'd like - little in life is grander.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Longwayfromhome
Club Player

Kosi is a gunna and will always be a gunna.
He's gunna do this and he's gunna do that. In the end he doesn't do anything for any length of time.
Supporters have always been taken in by the early draft pick and a couple of wonderful games during 2005. Even now some of us have him unlucky to be in top 10 players of the past 10 years or put him in the best team of the past yen years.
DELUSIONAL.
He is a good ordinary player at best. Maybe the club should have looked at a Fevola swap or indeed a Bradshaw swap.
Whatever happens in 2010, don't expect kosi to be leading the charge.

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire