Any thoughts on Doran and SEN?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Top4King
Club Player

Any thoughts on Doran and SEN?

personally I don't like the guy and i know i'm not alone here on saintsational.com
just a bit of a desperately fatigured individual for mine.
SEN a much better station without him (even though he's a saint)
still though, wonder what happened... blowup?

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Has he been moved out? God I hope so. I cant stand this guy. Most over opinionated person in the media. His opinion counts and if anyone has a differing opinion he will just shout them down, talk over them or just cut them off.

If he has gone it will be the 1 of the 2 best bits of news I've heard all year with "Rove Mc Anus" gone as well.

Top4King
Club Player

yep gone as of yesterday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/r ... 5804078876

sorry. just didnt like the guy. the station is better off without him. completely unqualified for the position IMO and consistently lacking in any energy for the role.

yipper
SS Life Member

Wonder if they will look at the late night presenter as an option to replace Doran???

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Top4King
Club Player

yipper wrote:Wonder if they will look at the late night presenter as an option to replace Doran???
Huddo a massive show for my money.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Top4King wrote:yep gone as of yesterday.
I have just pulled out the pots, pans and wooden spoons ala new years eve old style.

This is better than beating Collingwood!!

You F#$%ing Beauty!!!

Behind Play
Club Player

Pwoit wrote:Has he been moved out? God I hope so. I cant stand this guy. Most over opinionated person in the media. His opinion counts and if anyone has a differing opinion he will just shout them down, talk over them or just cut them off.

If he has gone it will be the 1 of the 2 best bits of news I've heard all year with "Rove Mc Anus" gone as well.
Gees, what do you think of KB then, If you believe Doran is over opinionated.

Top4King
Club Player

Pwoit wrote:
Top4King wrote:yep gone as of yesterday.
I have just pulled out the pots, pans and wooden spoons ala new years eve old style.

This is better than beating Collingwood!!

You F#$%ing Beauty!!!
i know i know. boring individual completely out of his depth the entire time and an arrogant stooge. someone on this forum once said of him that he is a media man first and a saint second. critiqued the club endlessly. the bus doesn't need his stink frankly. huddo in a transition from the commentary box into a daytime role and his commitments with ch.10 ... respects the listeners.

Top4King
Club Player

Behind Play wrote:
Pwoit wrote:Has he been moved out? God I hope so. I cant stand this guy. Most over opinionated person in the media. His opinion counts and if anyone has a differing opinion he will just shout them down, talk over them or just cut them off.

KB is at least enthusiastic

Behind Play
Club Player

Top4King wrote:
Behind Play wrote:

Only if it suits him and he is interested

Top4King
Club Player

Behind Play wrote:
Top4King wrote:
Behind Play wrote:

you cant argue with 400 games of league footy. bloke is a champion of the game.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Some harsh opinions on Maxy!!

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Top4King
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:Some harsh opinions on Maxy!!
deserves it. treated the listeners like s***

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Does this mean no more "casual Fridays" with Rita....please let it be so.

Not a fan of MD, one of the most defensive media people of all time..."don't blame the media we just report the stories" was his maxim.

wish him luck though as a Saints supporter at least

Nee!
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Top4King wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Some harsh opinions on Maxy!!
deserves it. treated the listeners like s***
And yet you still kept listening obviously!!

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Behind Play
Club Player

Top4King wrote:
Behind Play wrote:
Top4King wrote:
Behind Play wrote:

you cant argue with 400 games of league footy. bloke is a champion of the game.
Would never question his standing in the game, true cahmpion. However, I find him very dogmatic. wouldn't even go back to the tigers for 20 years when he didn't get his way.
Just my opinion really. Still believe he was a great footballer.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I don't like laying in the boots after the fact, but let's just say I did avoid listening to SEN in the afternoon.

As far as being a Saints supporter, I found he tried so hard not to come across biased towards St Kilda, that he often seemed to go to far the other way.

I think they should give Nathan Thompson a go, he is great to listen to when on Finey's show at night. Huddo would also be great, I actually enjoy listening to him as well.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I enjoy listening to Daniel Harford. Not sure he has the profile though that SEN will be looking for.

saintnick12
Club Player

I didn't mind Mark Doran, though I liked Finey better...especially on the way home after a great win. He is great with all the drunk ferals late at night...lol....

However, the article says he was not going to renew his contract so the management decided he may as well leave now. Seeing as he was not going to renew his contract, I wonder what else he might have in the pipeline. He was doing a bit of calling last year, so maybe going to one of the other radio stations, or maybe back to tv where he was originally. Can't imagine he would have been not renewing his contract unless he had something else lined up.

Top4King
Club Player

SainterK wrote:I did avoid listening to SEN in the afternoon.
too black for the midday slot.

huddo has the profile, is highly recommended and enjoys talkback. SEN would be very willing. would take a big commitment from huddo though over three/four.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:Wonder if they will look at the late night presenter as an option to replace Doran???
Gets my vote :lol: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

You mean Finey?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
You mean Finey?
later night than that-- or you may catch him early mornings

would he need to ease into a prime afternoon slot?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Have they flicked that Rita idiot as well?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Mooksy
Club Player

My least favourite SEN "personaility". And I use that word loosely. So boring.