St.George Bank increases investment in Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

http://www.saints.com.au/season2009/new ... fault.aspx

St.George Bank steps up their involvement with the Saints

Football Club is pleased to announce an exciting new three year partnership with one of Australia’s leading Retail and Business Banking brands, St George Bank..........

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Brilliant news. Just shows that when you are performing well and successful, that will translate to more media coverage and that means companies will want to be associated with you. With success, more kids want to support the Saints and that is what the banks want. Good job, Saints board. :)

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:Brilliant news. Just shows that when you are performing well and successful, that will translate to more media coverage and that means companies will want to be associated with you. With success, more kids want to support the Saints and that is what the banks want. Good job, Saints board. :)
And that position is helped further by not having players popping up in the media for acting like dickheads or a president & coach having a very public slanging match!

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:Brilliant news. Just shows that when you are performing well and successful, that will translate to more media coverage and that means companies will want to be associated with you. With success, more kids want to support the Saints and that is what the banks want. Good job, Saints board. :)
And that position is helped further by not having players popping up in the media for acting like dickheads or a president & coach having a very public slanging match!
Spot on. I should have said more positive media coverage. :wink:

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Prob from Westpac above the odds increase to loans!!

saint4life
SaintHomer
Club Player

chook23 wrote:Prob from Westpac above the odds increase to loans!!
true, but at least they had the nads to be public about it. i have loans with st george (i think partly owned by westpac) and cba. cba increased their rates by almost as much but not much was said (well that i heard anyway).

i'm just glad that earlier this year i jumped at 5 years fixed at 5.79% offered by st george before all these rises. wahoo!

you're ticking the boxes for me you old dragon you!

chook23
Saintsational Legend

SaintHomer wrote:
true, but at least they had the nads to be public about it. i have loans with st george (i think partly owned by westpac) and cba. cba increased their rates by almost as much but not much was said (well that i heard anyway).

i'm just glad that earlier this year i jumped at 5 years fixed at 5.79% offered by st george before all these rises. wahoo!

Westpac own St.George

saint4life
Batnoe

SaintHomer wrote:

Excellent, i know u are not planning on selling, but the problem with fixed for so long is that if circumstances change.... Sometimes if you have to get a transfer or if something happens and you have to sell well then you have to pay a huge amount to break your fixed term..

Ie, if you sell after 3 years and you have a 5 year loan then you will get penalised a percantage of what you owe over the 2 years you wont be with them

SaintHomer
Club Player

yeah, i thought they did, but wasn't sure if it was fully as i remember reading a story somewhere after westpac announcing their big rise, that they would be getting no favours from the govt regarding st george.

bit hazy on details though.

probably drunk at the time... hahaha

SaintHomer
Club Player

Batnoe wrote:
SaintHomer wrote:

Excellent, i know u are not planning on selling, but the problem with fixed for so long is that if circumstances change.... Sometimes if you have to get a transfer or if something happens and you have to sell well then you have to pay a huge amount to break your fixed term..

Ie, if you sell after 3 years and you have a 5 year loan then you will get penalised a percantage of what you owe over the 2 years you wont be with them
thats cool, i've got another place on variable for a "rainy day" circumstance. we're not moving for a while