If we make the NAB final

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

If we make the NAB final

Just wondering that if we make the final, the seating will be all pre booked so should we organise ourselves so the Moorabbin wing can sit together?

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Nattens
Club Player

Re: If we make the NAB final

3rd generation saint wrote:Just wondering that if we make the final, the seating will be all pre booked so should we organise ourselves so the Moorabbin wing can sit together?
Wouldn't get too keen ;) Big chance it will be at AAMI.

Batnoe

Nattens wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:Just wondering that if we make the final, the seating will be all pre booked so should we organise ourselves so the Moorabbin wing can sit together?

Why will it be at AAMI?

If you are talking about the highest scoring teams holds the final then you are wrong....

You would think it would be based in Melbourne... regarless if Port make it or not

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Batnoe wrote:
Nattens wrote:

Why will it be at AAMI?

If you are talking about the highest scoring teams holds the final then you are wrong....

You would think it would be based in Melbourne... regarless if Port make it or not
What about when we played Adelaide two years ago? Or did the AFL change the rules since then? I remember them fussing about it at the time, but dont remember any repercussions...

Snakeman66
Club Player

Batnoe wrote:
Nattens wrote:

Why will it be at AAMI?

Last time the GF was played @ AAMI the crowd was only about 27K.

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Snakeman66 wrote:
Batnoe wrote:
Nattens wrote:

Why will it be at AAMI?

Last time the GF was played @ AAMI the crowd was only about 27K.
....and that was v the Crows

Unfortunately its very hard to organise tickets to sit together when we dont know who we are playing until 36 hours before hte tix go on sale

I reckon that no matter who we play, if its at Etihad..Level 3 will be walk up seating..thats my feeling..but Ill sus it out with them tomorrow :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
sainta
Club Player

Isn't it based on the most supergoals or something silly like that?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

sainta wrote:Isn't it based on the most supergoals or something silly like that?
No, it's based on who Dimwit needs to suck up most to.

ie. at the moment it may be Collo, so that he is more likely to hand more money back to the clubs.

ace
Saintsational Legend

What do you mean IF.

Lose to the Shockers!
Surely not possible.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

Should be at Etihad - Doggies v Port Adelaide
Doggies should win.
St Kilda v Doggies for the final.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
SaintWodonga
Club Player

ace wrote:Should be at Etihad - Doggies v Port Adelaide
Doggies should win.
St Kilda v Doggies for the final.
+ 1 a preview to this year's Grand Final...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

They've played 2 NAB Cup finals at AAMI and both times they got abysmal crowds.
The only way it wont be at Etihad is if it is between Port and Freo, and I'll bet they would play thay a Subiaco because they would get a much better crowd than at AAMI.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Surely the Doggies will account for Port. Haven't seen Port play this year but the Doggies looked awesome on the weekend. Their oppnents didn't have any space at all. They reminded me of us at our pressuring / tackling best last year. Based on form so far this year the Dogs are going to be hard to beat for the NAB cup. Can't see us beating them based on form so far.

casey scorp
Club Player

3rd generation saint wrote:....I'll bet they would play thay a Subiaco because they would get a much better crowd than at AAMI.
Can't - there's an AC DC concert there on Sat night.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:....I'll bet they would play thay a Subiaco because they would get a much better crowd than at AAMI.
Can't - there's an AC DC concert there on Sat night.
I think he meant if they make the GF the following week

Reading between the lines..if it wasnt for ACDC we'd be going to Perth this weekend

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
matrix
Saintsational Legend

WHEN we beat freo ill be there

itll be at the dome
better friggin not be at aami
ill spit if it is

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/w ... -pgdd.html

Port travels to Melbourne tomorrow for Friday night's NAB Cup semi-final against the Western Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium with the winner to face either St Kilda or Fremantle at Etihad Stadium the following week. Logistical issues dictate that neither Perth nor Adelaide can host the March 13 pre-season grand final, which Port has won twice under Williams.

Saints7
Club Player

A-League prelim final on March 13th as well - if Victory lose Sunday do they host the prelim ? if so, you would expect a Victory Prelim would get Etihad ahead of the NAB Cup Final...? 35,000 vs 15,000 attendance.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints7 wrote:A-League prelim final on March 13th as well - if Victory lose Sunday do they host the prelim ? if so, you would expect a Victory Prelim would get Etihad ahead of the NAB Cup Final...? 35,000 vs 15,000 attendance.
Victory may get more than 15,000 but yes you are right we will get close to 35,000 for a GF. Surely that is what you meant even though your figures are the other way around.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:WHEN we beat freo ill be there

itll be at the dome
ill spit if it is
you would rather drive 750k than 7.5???????

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
matrix
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
matrix wrote:WHEN we beat freo ill be there

itll be at the dome
ill spit if it is
you would rather drive 750k than 7.5???????
ill be in melb that week of the nite GF dools
so if it was at aami
id be 755kms away.

saintnick12
Club Player

Saints7 wrote:A-League prelim final on March 13th as well - if Victory lose Sunday do they host the prelim ? if so, you would expect a Victory Prelim would get Etihad ahead of the NAB Cup Final...? 35,000 vs 15,000 attendance.
A league prelim will be more than 15K if its on a weekend. The last final was a school/work night, hence the smaller crowd. Depending on who its against, but I would think more than 15000.
I think there will be at least 35000 if we play the Dogs in a NAB GF. As well as supporters of both, there would be lots of neutral supporters for a game like that I would think. Does anyone remember what the crowd was when we won the 2004 Wizard Cup against Geelong. Both were up and coming teams at that time, and as I recall, crowd was pretty big. If Dogs got highest ever crowd of 12000 to their family day you would think there would be quite a lot at a NAB GF. And I would imagine more of the saints members who have been sitting at home watching (like my parents for instance) will finally pull their fingers out for a NAB GF. Especially seeing we don't play in melb in round 1.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
thequarry
Club Player

saintnick12 wrote: I think there will be at least 35000 if we play the Dogs in a NAB GF. As well as supporters of both, there would be lots of neutral supporters for a game like that I would think. Does anyone remember what the crowd was when we won the 2004 Wizard Cup against Geelong. Both were up and coming teams at that time, and as I recall, crowd was pretty big. If Dogs got highest ever crowd of 12000 to their family day you would think there would be quite a lot at a NAB GF. And I would imagine more of the saints members who have been sitting at home watching (like my parents for instance) will finally pull their fingers out for a NAB GF. Especially seeing we don't play in melb in round 1.
The 2004 Wizard Cup Final got 50,000+.

Not sure if we'll see that again for a while - but a Dogs vs Saints final would get a pretty decent crowd I would think.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/w ... -pgdd.html

Port travels to Melbourne tomorrow for Friday night's NAB Cup semi-final against the Western Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium with the winner to face either St Kilda or Fremantle at Etihad Stadium the following week. Logistical issues dictate that neither Perth nor Adelaide can host the March 13 pre-season grand final, which Port has won twice under Williams.
I heard Monkey Boy on radio an hour ago, he said if the Shockers win, the Granny could be played in Perth.

Seems to have done the usual AFL backflip.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
SainterK wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/w ... -pgdd.html

I heard Monkey Boy on radio an hour ago, he said if the Shockers win, the Granny could be played in Perth.

Seems to have done the usual AFL backflip.
If Freo win, I dont actually care if it's played on the moon to be honest lol

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor