Channel 10 commentary

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Channel 10 commentary

Simply unbelievably bad.

I am generally loathe to suggest that commentators are biased. But they were unreal tonight.

Goddard gets a 50 for the guy running over the mark. "but Goddard ran off his line". Sorry Tim, if the ump doesn't call play on, you can't run over the mark. End of story.

Rhys Shaw incorrect disposal. "but he was trying to get rid of the ball". No, sorry Tim.

And as for the goose who suggested the free to Riewoldt for in the back wasn't there. Gee wiz....

Really, Tim, "Huddo", Darcy and Walls: what a bunch of imbeciles. Put em all on the "Karma bus" and drive it over a cliff. Please. For the sake of humanity.[/b]

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
ace
Saintsational Legend

Great to know these scum are so disappointed that the Saints won.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

When you have Lane defending a free kick against Riewoldt for a push in the back you know something is going on.

Darcy made a fool of himself tonight, especially with that piece of commentary.

Seems like Darcy is like all the other whinging Bulldog supporters and cant get over Riewoldt getting that free against Lake last year.

As for the umpires, they we consistant. They got some some calls, so did we.

Umpires contributed to a good game, Lane, Darcy, and to a lesser extent Hudson just made it the Sydney show, especially with that boundary idiot.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

They are terrible. No doubt at all. Lane, for such a seasoned commentator, simply has little grasp of the rules, and no grasp of the necessity to keep biases under the surface. Personally I couldn't give a fig if a a commentator prefers one team over the other, but with Lane it always seems so overt it just becomes irritating. Think Darcy goes okay it must be said, but really the rest are simply sh-t.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Do you have a mute button on your tele?
If you do use it as I do.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I was gobsmacked by Robert Walls comments along the lines of "the Swans supporters would be wearing more of the team colours than any other team in the AFL"

So Robert, keeping in mind that our clubs colours are not purple and pink but also contain red and white with a touch of black, is it not likely there were Saints supporters also wearing their colours just blending with the swans maybe?

Plus Kosi became an easy target for barbed comments for most of the game, but no-one game him praise when he tapped down the ball for a Saints goal. Not one word of acknowledgement.

I someone should tell Tim Lane to shut the f*** about the Grand Final-it's gone, it's over, do you have to keep raising it all the time.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

yep. It was shyte.

Lane was the usual biased frogshyt.

Walls is freakin boring.

And **** Darcy is just talking down anyone who can hold a flame to his beloved bulldogs.

It really was poor.

Tim Lane should not call St Kilda games.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

When the replay was shown of Montagna getting hit with friendly fire, they all genuinely laughed out loud. Luke Darcy has a case of tall poppy, can't be better than his doggies. Don't believe me, tune in and watch him interview Barry Monday night.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:Do you have a mute button on your tele?
Agree,but the thing is you shouldnt have to

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:
Yep.

Would rather four Tony Shaws and a Blight. And that's saying something.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
bergsone wrote:
Yep.

You don't mean that. :lol:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:
Thinline wrote:
bergsone wrote:
Yep.

You don't mean that. :lol:
So do... :lol:

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

the whole here come the "bloods" thing was really getting up my nose tonight. Robert Walls should have been out in the stands wearing a Sydney scarf and cheering them on with all the other Sydney feral's that have no idea of the rules of the game.

Everything was about Sydney and how great Goodes is and how he could get a spot playing for Man U. Oh and its not fluke, its complete skill on his part. SPARE ME!

I lost count the number of times Rooey had his arm pinned and getting his arm either chopped or his shoulder pulled back. They never mentioned it once but yet when Rooey finally gets a free kick, according to Ch 10 is was soft.

In the end I was sitting there laughing at them and the umpires because I didn't want to get to worked up as I am about to drop a baby :)

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote: In the end I was sitting there laughing at them and the umpires because I didn't want to get to worked up as I am about to drop a baby :)
Hope you're not wearing a saints jumper DSG; the umps will probably ping you a push :lol:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Luke "it's not in the feel of the game" Darcy :roll:

Take it easy DSG, don't want to go into labour because of the channel 10 commentary team....good luck in the next few weeks.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote: In the end I was sitting there laughing at them and the umpires because I didn't want to get to worked up as I am about to drop a baby :)

Are you gonna call this one Nick?

Another opportunity awaits!
ace
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:

Will you put a 100plus game saints player down as the father just so we can get him under the father-son rule.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

ace
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:yep. It was shyte.

Lane was the usual biased frogshyt.

Walls is freakin boring.

And **** Darcy is just talking down anyone who can hold a flame to his beloved bulldogs.

It really was poor.

Tim Lane should not call St Kilda games.
Lane still has not got over St Kilda getting Goddard because his bluebaggers were a pack of cheats.

battye
Saintsational Legend

Commentators were so far beyond "pro-Sydney" it was a joke I thought. Really didn't think much of tonights commentary...

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Probalbly the reason I prefer to be at the game and you dont have to hear any of that rubbish

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
Moccha wrote:

Will you put a 100plus game saints player down as the father just so we can get him under the father-son rule.
LOL funny enough I am having a boy this time around, so I should call him Nick but my hubby has different idea's. :shock:

I will go and ring up Dal today and see if he does not mind being on the birth certificate. All jokes aside I had a good laugh last night, he was pretty quiet in the last qrt, soon as our theme song came on he started to kick the hell out of me. THATS MY BOY !!!!
I have my daughter who when she see's anything St Kilda points and goes SAINTS! so I am hoping that will give me a head start with the boy as my hubby thinks he is going to be a bluebagger.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Channel 10 commentary

meher baba wrote:
And as for the goose who suggested the free to Riewoldt for in the back wasn't there. Gee wiz....

[/b]
That Goose was Luke Darcy. The same Luke Darcy who is on the "Rules of the Game" committee, and he doesn't know the rules. No wonder the umpires are confused & inconsistent !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

roxanne
Club Player

I totally agree that Tim Lane shouldn't be allowed to call St Kilda games. His anti- St Kilda bias (it's in the DNA with Carlton supporters) is blatant.
I despise the Channel 10 commentary....if it's not the flogs we had last night its Quartermaine, Christian and Blight. You can't win. And Matthew Lloyd on the 5th Quarter.... I must stop now, or I'll have to puke again.

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:Commentators were so far beyond "pro-Sydney" it was a joke I thought. Really didn't think much of tonights commentary...
I think we are going to cop the "pro-opposition" commentary quite a bit now because we are the hunted and Aussies love an underdog and a tall poppy.

If we end up in the GF against Geelong this year, then we may get some "pro-Saints" commentary and Geelong will be the tall poppy.

aussiejones
Club Player

I know I am one eyed ...but fair dinkum the commentary was pathetic .... and knowldge of the rules woeful.