Pumped-up Justin Koschitzke turns enforcer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Pumped-up Justin Koschitzke turns enforcer

Fair article by Mark Stevens, doesn't overate or underate him, actually rates him exactly where he should be IMO

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/p ... 5846400976

If Koschitzke is rubbed out for a week or so, so be it.

Koschitzke last night played with an intensity that made you realise the real stuff had started.

He may not have won much of the ball, but he set the example.

He dived for marks that were going out of bounds anyway, he took divots out of the turf in desperate lunges.

At times, he might have been trying too hard.

But it was those types of actions that won it in the end for St Kilda last night - even if Koschitzke put him team at threat by spraying a set shot from 50m 10 minutes into the final term.

Koschitzke is not a superstar. He is a good honest player in the Drew Petrie mould. Petrie's probably better, actually.

It is not his fault he has been over-hyped. And he wasn't in the best players last night, in fact, he was a fair way from it, but Koschitzke did his job. He, at least, set the example.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

cant fault his desire, but gee if he isnt the clumsiest player in the AFL then tell me who is. Nobody is safe - team mates (ask Joey last night), the opposition, or even himself. Always finds a way to do damage - to someone :lol:

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

it was a result of the spray i gave him last week for standing there like a stale bottle of pyss waiting for the custard tart to fall into his lap

if ya gunna stuff up may as well do it having a crack than waiting for the ball to be dished up on a platter

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

just remembered i also gave dawson a spray for pulling out of a contest against the filth in rd 1 nab cup....whats zac do
takes it on board & takes someone out

pleased to see both kosi & zac have got the message...no chicken chyt

thanks ross for passing my sprays on to them

no real spray this week however each week if someone deserves a kick up the bum their gunna get it

someones gotta keep the barstards honest other wise we'll never win a flag

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:cant fault his desire, but gee if he isnt the clumsiest player in the AFL then tell me who is. Nobody is safe - team mates (ask Joey last night), :
He actually went over the top of Joey and did not contact him...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Zed wrote:cant fault his desire, but gee if he isnt the clumsiest player in the AFL then tell me who is. Nobody is safe - team mates (ask Joey last night), :
He actually went over the top of Joey and did not contact him...
Correct.. but .....

The commentators had all been through that journalist school where they teach the old philosophy;

NEVER LET THE FACTS GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD STORY !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Heard Stevens on radio prior to the game, and he was giving a few players a bit of a spray.

Struck me as being a very forumite type personality - he was looking for the opportunity to write a sledge piece on Kosi... good on him for writing the story that unfolded rather than the one I think he wanted to.

Oh, and I think he massively underrates Drew Petrie, who took a while to com good, but is a huge loss to the roos for the flexibility he brings. Petrie takes contested marks all over the ground, runs the ball and can use it. Petrie would be in the best 22 at any club in the league (including ours, I agree that Petrie > Kosi), and among the first picked at most (would be a forward at Geel/WBD, replace Cloke at the pies...).

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Enforcer? Yeah right. He is a danger to himself and everyone else in the ground, including car parking attendants. What he did sat. night was just idiocy, nothing more nothing less. No he costs the team big time, Roo can now be effectively double teamed for however long he gets. STUPID!

aussiejones
Club Player

Yep You really do have to wonder about Kosi......you would think he would know by now.

Unfortunately he has a reputation for being clumsy

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Sure, understood that in many ways he has let the club down by probably missing a few weeks because of a reckless shirtfront.

But can't we leave the clumsy/dangerous jibes to opposition supporters and biased commentators?

Everyone was on Kosi and Zac's back during the preseason, and they hit round one with the kind of desperation everyone expected of them.

saintlee
Club Player

I actually thought Kosi had a reasonable match...kicked a couple, could have easily kicked 3.....

Shirt-front was probably a bit silly, but I loved the aggression....

Injurying Joey was not great, but unintended....

Think he showed vast improvement from preseason games.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:Sure, understood that in many ways he has let the club down by probably missing a few weeks because of a reckless shirtfront.

But can't we leave the clumsy/dangerous jibes to opposition supporters and biased commentators?

Everyone was on Kosi and Zac's back during the preseason, and they hit round one with the kind of desperation everyone expected of them.
Thats not what I expected of him. Rarely have I seen a more careless act.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Everyone was on Kosi and Zac's back during the preseason, and they hit round one with the kind of desperation everyone expected of them.
i wanted kosi to find some form, not nearly take someone's head off and get suspended for it. there's never been a doubt about the willingness of either he or zac to attack a contest.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Sure, understood that in many ways he has let the club down by probably missing a few weeks because of a reckless shirtfront.

agree in most part with your comment.............but really pissed off with Kosi

no good in the Grandstand!!!!!!

saint4life
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I get that, I am disappointed as much as you. We will miss him, especially against Collingwood IMO.

I am just sick of the other cheap shots, he cops enough of that externally...

Carl, his willingness was exactly what people were having a go about on here.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:

Thats not what I expected of him. Rarely have I seen a more careless act.
I am not talking about the incident, I am talking about his desperation...

degruch
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I get that, I am disappointed as much as you. We will miss him, especially against Collingwood IMO.
Now the Pies will have to worry about Gardiner's knee in the back of their heads as he moves forward to bag a couple. Will certainly make for an interesting seclection quandary, if he gets weeks (trial by media, if nothing else). I missed the incident, so can't comment, but Kosi seems just as good for a 'brain snap' as BBBHBBBHBHHBH.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Carl, his willingness was exactly what people were having a go about on here.
speaking for myself, that has never been an issue.

Rooey_for_PM!
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:Enforcer? Yeah right. He is a danger to himself and everyone else in the ground, including car parking attendants. What he did sat. night was just idiocy, nothing more nothing less. No he costs the team big time, Roo can now be effectively double teamed for however long he gets. STUPID!
That's a bit harsh isn't it? I would have thought Justin Koschitzke or no Justin Koschitzke, Roo gets double teamed each week anyway. Besides, Kos was damned if he did damned if he didn't... the pressure put on his pre-season form meant that if he continued to pussy-foot around the contests the media, opposition fans and apparently St. Kilda fans as well, would be calling for his head on a plate.

My opinion, he played himself into the game and did what his job requires him to do - be a big imposing tall to complement our forward line. The fact that he made what looked to me like accidental contact with Malceski is all part of playing that role, right? Could he have made better choices and could he develop his role in the team? Sure. Same goes for every other player in the league.

I agree with SainterK, why should we bag one of our own when there are plenty of others out there already doing such a good job! :)

Solar
Saintsational Legend

rogerwa wrote:just remembered i also gave dawson a spray for pulling out of a contest against the filth in rd 1 nab cup....whats zac do
takes it on board & takes someone out

pleased to see both kosi & zac have got the message...no chicken chyt

thanks ross for passing my sprays on to them

no real spray this week however each week if someone deserves a kick up the bum their gunna get it

someones gotta keep the barstards honest other wise we'll never win a flag
wel called an the OP hits it perfectly. What we need to aim for out of a months footy from kosi is 2 weeks where he just put in, intensity is high and he attacks the ball and player. One of the four he hits the pack and kicks 2-4 goals and the other week he has a beauty and comands the forward line. Do this and he will be part of a flag winning side

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Rooey_for_PM! wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:Enforcer? Yeah right. He is a danger to himself and everyone else in the ground, including car parking attendants. What he did sat. night was just idiocy, nothing more nothing less. No he costs the team big time, Roo can now be effectively double teamed for however long he gets. STUPID!
That's a bit harsh isn't it? I would have thought Justin Koschitzke or no Justin Koschitzke, Roo gets double teamed each week anyway. Besides, Kos was damned if he did damned if he didn't... the pressure put on his pre-season form meant that if he continued to pussy-foot around the contests the media, opposition fans and apparently St. Kilda fans as well, would be calling for his head on a plate.

My opinion, he played himself into the game and did what his job requires him to do - be a big imposing tall to complement our forward line. The fact that he made what looked to me like accidental contact with Malceski is all part of playing that role, right? Could he have made better choices and could he develop his role in the team? Sure. Same goes for every other player in the league.

I agree with SainterK, why should we bag one of our own when there are plenty of others out there already doing such a good job! :)
be imposing etc.........................but then dont let the team down

again NO GOOD in the grandstand. Do it properly

Roo is imposing IN THE CORRECT manner..

saint4life
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
SainterK wrote:Carl, his willingness was exactly what people were having a go about on here.
Yep I know Carl, sorry about my rant....I don't want him doing silly things, there was just always going to be an element of damned if he did, damned if he didn't this week with Kosi.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
Yep I know Carl, sorry about my rant....I don't want him doing silly things, there was just always going to be an element of damned if he did, damned if he didn't this week with Kosi.
no need to apologise, i know where you're coming from.

i just think that if he considers cleaning guys up and being suspended is the way to contribute to the team he is barking up the wrong tree.

i'd be much more impressed with more leads, marks and goals.

Rooey_for_PM!
Club Player

chook23 wrote:
Rooey_for_PM! wrote:

be imposing etc.........................but then dont let the team down

again NO GOOD in the grandstand.

Roo is imposing IN THE CORRECT manner..
Can't argue with that, Roo is a once in a lifetime player. I agree with you, it was a let-down and I had my head in my hands with frustration as soon as I saw it on the telecast. I hope he can avoid incidents like this one for the rest of the season and start playing with more efficiency, but we will have to see.

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

if we expect someone to run in a straight line at the footy or the bloke with the footy in todays game sometimes ya gunna get pinged...small price to pay for doing what we (i) expect

all the great teams have one thing in common an aggresive key forward,brown,dermie,balme,merritt & even geelong have mooney who many may say is only a gop but his aggresive approach paves the way for his team mates...he's got 2 flags in his pocket not by dominating on the scoreboard or raking up big possies his aggression is worth more than that

couple of weeks here & there is nothing

weve only ever had one aggressive forward in hamill & if he had of been fit & available when we had our chances a couple of yrs ago we also would have a couple of flags in our pocket

hit em hard kossi