Kosi 4 weeks from Match Review Panel

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Kosi 4 weeks from Match Review Panel

Just on SEN
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 29 Mar 2010 3:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Not sure if there is any discount???

Solar
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Not sure if there is any discount???
3 if he takes the suspension, bloody disgrace!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Back for PA and Dogs..

Would have liked him for the Pies game as they really struggle against two tall forwards.

markp
Saintsational Legend

3 weeks sounds right to me... he displayed was the right attitude, but it was poor judgement. Disappointing.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

so people, explain how kennedy can break a guys jaw, hille charges can gets off..... :roll:

cue p66 :twisted:

FQF
In richo I trust

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
why

he had penalties for priors and carried over 50 plus points

always thought 3 with guilty plea
(see thread Sat night)

pissed off he has let so many down

can not do any damage in the Grandstand

saint4life
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

And Hille got off, contact to the face, even though accidental?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
Solar wrote:
:roll:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Having only seen it on the replay -3 seems about right. He ran past the ball and collected Malcevski in the head.

As for Hille?????
Last edited by Mr Magic on Mon 29 Mar 2010 3:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Fair cop.

Take it Kosi, and learn.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
chook23 wrote:
Solar wrote:
why not quote what I wrote

and why the rolling eyes....

can not do any damage comment......................etc

Football wise on the field..........

saint4life
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Shoot me down, but 3 weeks is about right IMO.

The ball was gone, and Kosi simply averted his eyes and went through with it with no regard tp what might happen. It was a clumsy challenge and he didn't mean to do any harm, but it was lucky that he didn't actually impact harder and do more damage: in some ways, the other player slipping - which made the hit more head high than it would otherwise have been - also made it a bit more of a glancing blow.

While I reckon the AFL tends to overreact in a ridiculous way when players have a silly little punch up or wrestle, I think they are spot on with hits above the shoulder that occur off the ball. The only other game that allows players to smash into people without the ball - NFL - puts helmets and massive amounts of padding on them.

The game is hard enough without unsuspecting players getting smashed in the head when they don't have the ball.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
chook23 wrote:
Solar wrote:
why not quote what I wrote

and why the rolling eyes....

can not do any damage comment......................etc

Football wise on the field..........
Sorry, thought you meant something else....apologies

chook23
Saintsational Legend

His bad record...........and the carry over 50+ points added at least 1 game...

saint4life
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:so people, explain how kennedy can break a guys jaw, hille charges can gets off..... :roll:

Yep. I will come in. What has Kennedy got to do with Kosi. Tell me what they got wrong with the points?

Finna
Club Player

Harsh.
But not unexpected given the way the system operates in this era.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:so people, explain how kennedy can break a guys jaw, hille charges can gets off..... :roll:

Yep. I will come in. What has Kennedy got to do with Kosi. Tell me what they got wrong with the points?
team mate had the ball, kosi put on the shepard, ball within 5 metres, feet on ground and elbow down. Player comes back on within 10 minutes.....

kennedy shepards for teammate with ball, within 5 metres, feet on th ground and elbow down. Player leaves field with broken jaw....

kosi gets 4 weeks, kennedy gets NOTHING

explain to me how this is not the same? Only differences are that the swans player was in the contests and therefore would expect contact and was not injured. Melbourne player got taken from side and got a broken jaw....

do I need to say this any slower?

FQF
In richo I trust

Sainterman
Club Player

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

team mate had the ball, kosi put on the shepard, ball within 5 metres, feet on ground and elbow down. Player comes back on within 10 minutes.....

kennedy shepards for teammate with ball, within 5 metres, feet on th ground and elbow down. Player leaves field with broken jaw....

explain to me how this is not the same? Only differences are that the swans player was in the contests and therefore would expect contact and was not injured. Melbourne player got taken from side and got a broken jaw....

Agree with you Solar, terribly inconsistent system, and really, it becomes guesswork trying to figure out what the outcome may be. I really think the AFL have totally made a mess of the entire tribunal system and MRP in the bigger picture. But that's another story.

In this case, I reckon a week less (3 reduced to 2) would have been fair enough. 4 reduced to 3 seems excessive to me. Will be interesting to see how we respond baring in mind RL's comments about it being a nothing incident straight after the game. Kennedy should have got 4-6 for his, not sure how he didn't!! Not much we can do mate....
Last edited by Sainterman on Mon 29 Mar 2010 3:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

St Loxton
Club Player

yeah tough penalty on Kosi, his crash and bash style will probably never change. Frustrated that this keeps happening with him. We need consistancy with our structure. Chin up Kosi, hit the training track hard over the next month, and come back on fire like you did a couple of years ago.

Hunter Clark 2024 StKilda Saints Premiership captain.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No you dont have to say it slower but as a grade 4 kid you should be able to read the rule book. As I said before Kennedy has nothing to do with Kosi. Kosi had an option of picking up the ball. He chose not to so any damage that happens is his fault. Again, if you are capable, tell me what is wrong with the points given. You clearly have no idea of the rule. I was going to say little idea but that wold be lying and I wouldnt want to do that.

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Im with you Solar, the inconsistency is beyond frustrating.

I understand that all things are judged on their own merit when it comes before the MRP or the tribunnal but when the inicidents have quite similar settings and one gets off with nothing and that other is punished quiet heavily it does make you wonder. Commentators and the media quiet often compare similar incidents when reporting them so I would think there is some comparisons made by the tribunnal when deciding a punishment.

I dont want to comment on the particular incident and whether or not Kosi should be suspended but it does seem confusing. (Im bias because Im a big fan of Kosi's)

I understand carry over points from previous incidents but its frustrating none the less.

Its going to suck not to have Kosi but hopefully he trains his guts out and comes back at 110%
Last edited by TazzieSaintGirl83 on Mon 29 Mar 2010 4:03pm, edited 2 times in total.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Agree with you Solar, terribly inconsistent system, and really, it becomes guesswork trying to figure out what the outcome may be. I really think the AFL have totally made a mess of the entire tribunal system and MRP in the bigger picture. But that's another story.

In this case, I reckon a week less (3 reduced to 2) would have been fair enough. 4 reduced to 3 seems excessive to me. Will be interesting to see how we respond baring in mind RL's comments about it being a nothing incident straight after the game. Kennedy should have got 4-6 for his, not sure how he didn't!! Not much we can do mate....
The problem as I see it is that the MRP decision on Kennedy seems wrong, not the one on Kosi.
So in comparison it seems harsh on Kosi.

I think he copped an extra week because of his poor record and carryover points?

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

If his name was Goodes he would have got off

Another opportunity awaits!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Sainterman wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The problem as I see it is that the MRP decision on Kennedy seems wrong, not the one on Kosi.
So in comparison it seems harsh on Kosi.

I think he copped an extra week because of his poor record and carryover points?
Exactly. Also Kennedy was shepharding a player with the ball. He doesnt have an option of a tackle or going to get the ball. Kosi did have an option. Kennedys decision may have been wrong. Who knows. Kosi's is very similar to Lloyd last year and we know what he got. By the way Kosi would have got 3 lowered to 2 if he didnt have a record.