Let's not beat around the bush.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stkfc1
Club Player

Let's not beat around the bush.....

Roo = Superstar! Seriously how UNBELIEVABLE is this guy!

I couldn't give a RATS TOSS who we played tonight.

UNF@#Kingbelievable!

Mike Sheean hang your head in shame.(no 2)

If this guy isn't the best in the business i'll eat my shorts.

(small kudos to JB who was also very awesome the other night).

Go Saints!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I have been saying for a while now that by the end of 2010 he will be the stand alone best player in the comp.

Ahead of all of em.... Ablett, Judd, buddy...whoever.

Absolute gun.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

He is a superstar. The equal of Browny this week. More consistant than him though. He is 1 or 2 in the AFL as everyone knows.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Super doesn't cover it... Roo's the Megastar

BJ is the new Superstar BTW!

St Loxton
Club Player

True definition of "Inspirational Leader".

Hunter Clark 2024 StKilda Saints Premiership captain.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

glad he plays for us....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
ace
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:glad he plays for us....
Was worth suffering a wooden spoon for.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

ace wrote:
Spot on. I always say good comes from bad. And I am so bloody glad we won the wooden spoon that year. Because we now have Roo who WILL go down as our greatest ever player. He is a superstar and doesn't get the recognitition he should. Love ya tonnes Roo. :lol:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
battye
Saintsational Legend

Fun fact for Easter:

The Channel 10 commentators went into 1950's mode (this is what they were calling it) and called him Vick Neewold.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

and Saturday Night Fever got a run- with 21 Saturday Night Wins

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SteveStevens66
Club Player

Jonathan Brown is an exceptional player but one of the chief reasons for Roo's clear superiority is (a) his athleticism--Brown could never keep up with him; and (b) his versatility--how many positions can Brown really play with authority? I can barely think of a position on the ground that Roo wouldn't do a great job in, if not completely dominate. From the back line to the forward he can play almost anywhere and as a champion. One cannot seriously make that claim for Brown. And that is why Roo is the superior player of the two and will go down as our greatest player and quite possibly the greatest to have ever played the game.

Carna Saints!!!
ben_fff
Club Player

SteveStevens66 wrote:Jonathan Brown is an exceptional player but one of the chief reasons for Roo's clear superiority is (a) his athleticism--Brown could never keep up with him; and (b) his versatility--how many positions can Brown really play with authority? I can barely think of a position on the ground that Roo wouldn't do a great job in, if not completely dominate. From the back line to the forward he can play almost anywhere and as a champion. One cannot seriously make that claim for Brown. And that is why Roo is the superior player of the two and will go down as our greatest player and quite possibly the greatest to have ever played the game.
Matthews.

I think what you have said about Brown is a little unfair, I can recall him playing a game in the midfield a couple of seasons ago and having a huge impact on the outcome, also anyone who follows the ball through the air as well as him and contains the strength he has could hold his own in the backline, one of the best long set shots going around, for me he and Riewoldt are the best captains in the league by a huge margin and are almost on equal terms as players (have to agree with what plugger66 said)

Don't discount that Brown has played a part in one of the best teams of all time from a young age and through his maturity has become one of the AFL's most proven match winners.

Saint Mik
Club Player

3 flags will ALWAYS get Browndog over the line in a debate BUT Roo is the better player right now for sure, his game has gone to another level for mine and I think it is just unreal how he has stepped up yet again.

You can almost feel that 09 grand final burning away at him by the way he is playing and it is like every inch or even mm this year he runs is a plan in his own mind to get rid of that burning desire and missed oppurtunity to hold that mighty cup above his head, he WILL make it happen this year IMO and drag/carry/push any player all the way who ever that may be as a team mate no matter what it takes.

Man crush I now have, Roo I love you :lol:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
SteveStevens66
Club Player

ben_fff wrote:
Matthews.

I think what you have said about Brown is a little unfair.....Don't discount that Brown has played a part in one of the best teams of all time from a young age and through his maturity has become one of the AFL's most proven match winners.
Ben, I did say Brown was "exceptional." I'd have him in our team in a heartbeat and one can only watch him play with awe and admiration. In some ways, this discussion that was "invented" by the media and I got drawn into, is a bit silly. They are both genuinely great players and you correctly mention Matthews, who is a legitimate candidate. Put is this way, an argument against the mantle going to Matthews would necessarily be dodgy.

Saint Mik wrote:

"3 flags will ALWAYS get Browndog over the line in a debate..." I think you are right about that. People will always use that argument. I just think it is fallacious. Just to take last year as an example, the fact that Milne and Schneider, who missed absolute sitters, means that Roo cannot be considered as the greatest because he hasn't won a flag, doesn't make any sense from a logical point of view. One would then have to say Steven King was a better ruckman than Ditterich and that Robert Harvey wasn't as good as say Darryl Griffiths or fill in the blank with any midfielder from another club who has won a flag.

Anyway, flag or no flag, we are all privileged to live at a time when we can say we saw Nick Riewoldt play and play for St Kilda.
:D

Carna Saints!!!
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Brown is a fabulous player and a really decent bloke too.

But Riewoldt is superior and the near equal of Carey for mine as a CHF (or a sort of roving CHF).

Like Carey and unlike Brown, Nick is dangerous regardless of whether the midfield service is good bad or indifferent. He can mark low or high, he can get the ball off the ground, etc. He's always in the game.

If the Lions midfield is beaten, Brown goes quiet.

Ask any coach (other than Voss, of course) which one of Brown or Riewoldt they'd prefer to have.......

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Brown is a fabulous player and a really decent bloke too.

But Riewoldt is superior and the near equal of Carey for mine as a CHF (or a sort of roving CHF).

Like Carey and unlike Brown, Nick is dangerous regardless of whether the midfield service is good bad or indifferent. He can mark low or high, he can get the ball off the ground, etc. He's always in the game.

Ask any coach (other than Voss, of course) which one of Brown or Riewoldt they'd prefer to have.......
I reckon asking any coach who they prefer would get either 8 all or 16 for both. Each have different skills. For a huge man Brown runs long and hard just not as much as rooy. Brown is stronger and just a little better kick from outside 50. Rooy has one of the best verticle leaps you could ever see. Rooy is more consistant. I for one arent going to split them except to say Browny has performed on the biggest day and rooy due to circumstances really didnt get a chance. One eye says rooy both eyes say cant split them.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote: I reckon asking any coach who they prefer would get either 8 all or 16 for both. Each have different skills. For a huge man Brown runs long and hard just not as much as rooy. Brown is stronger and just a little better kick from outside 50. Rooy has one of the best verticle leaps you could ever see. Rooy is more consistant. I for one arent going to split them except to say Browny has performed on the biggest day and rooy due to circumstances really didnt get a chance. One eye says rooy both eyes say cant split them.
I agree with most of what you say but I don't think Brown was dominant in any of Brisbane's Grand Final wins or their loss.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
I reckon asking any coach who they prefer would get either 8 all or 16 for both. Each have different skills. For a huge man Brown runs long and hard just not as much as rooy. Brown is stronger and just a little better kick from outside 50. Rooy has one of the best verticle leaps you could ever see. Rooy is more consistant. I for one arent going to split them except to say Browny has performed on the biggest day and rooy due to circumstances really didnt get a chance. One eye says rooy both eyes say cant split them.

Agree 100%

wallbanger
Club Player

He was absolutely superb tonight - a leader in every sense of the word, and he just seems to be getting better.

Great game all round - was this possibly the best team game the boys have ever played? From start to finish I thought it was one of the best performances this bunch of blokes have put together, and they have put together some rippers in the last couple of years. To dominate like that was brilliant, and just the confidence booster they need going into Friday night.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:He is a superstar. The equal of Browny this week. More consistant than him though. He is 1 or 2 in the AFL as everyone knows.
As everyone now knows.

We all knew Rooey was a god, a legend, superstar, champion years ago, but even some of our own supporters didn't have him as their favourite player for some odd reason!

But the media were a little slow to latch on.

Like most Saints fans, I start frothing when the ball is within 50 metres of the legend.

He is now on the verge of surpassing Plugger worship.....and that is a big call, something I thought I'd never see again in my lifetime!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:He is now on the verge of surpassing Plugger worshi ... and that is a big call, something I thought I'd never see again in my lifetime!
roo is a champion, no doubt, but thank goodness we have many other very good players around him to help share the load.

in lockett's day once you got past the top four or five the talent fell away pretty fast.

nowadays we had a top 10 or 12 instead.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:
ace wrote:
Spot on. I always say good comes from bad. And I am so bloody glad we won the wooden spoon that year. Because we now have Roo who WILL go down as our greatest ever player. He is a superstar and doesn't get the recognitition he should. Love ya tonnes Roo. :lol:
One of my life philosophies that has served me well is:

YOU MUST ALWAYS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ANY DISAVANTAGE.

It is a positive proactive response to a negative, the best example would be if you get retrenched use that as an opportunity to fulfill ambitions and find an even better job than the one you had.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
derby Street
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Agree 100% Plugger 66 - Both are champs

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

He's like Carey, but with the added ability of being able to keep it in his pants :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

He's like Carey, but with the added ability of being able to keep it in his pants :lol:

can you image roo and brown in the same team......that's what nearly happened......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.