Who is the guy on the Moorabbin Wing who starts the chants?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Who is the guy on the Moorabbin Wing who starts the chants?

The guy with the glasses. Is he on the forum?

battye
Saintsational Legend

Every time Riewoldt got the ball was it BOO (from North supporters) or ROO (from us)?

On TV it sounded like BOO, until I remembered people were trying for a ROO chant. Didn't hear the "roo-ee" chant at all :(

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:Every time Riewoldt got the ball was it BOO (from North supporters) or ROO (from us)?

On TV it sounded like BOO, until I remembered people were trying for a ROO chant. Didn't hear the "roo-ee" chant at all :(
The Roo chant has definitely started and I felt quite proud for pushing it.

I meant the guy who had all the songs for every player. He gets the crowd doing the St Kilda St Kilda after every goal and has a song for everyone.

battye
Saintsational Legend

It was loud on TV, so full marks for that.

Maybe try a slightly higher pitch though? Understandably men feel more comfortable speaking (chanting?) in a deep voice... but if "Roo" was shouted in the same way (holding the) "BALL!" was shouted then there would be a clear differentiation to booing.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

What you were hearing on telly was not the Moorabbin Wing Battye.

The person who starts all those chants Milan used to post on here but hasn't for quite a while. He does a very good job of getting everyone involved.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:What you were hearing on telly was not the Moorabbin Wing Battye.

The person who starts all those chants Milan used to post on here but hasn't for quite a while. He does a very good job of getting everyone involved.
Gotta love his knew chant, based on Elephants and sex.....was kind of weird and threw a few off guard!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

That would be Steve! Wow! you guys sounded good from level one! The crowd were in good voice (surprise :roll: :lol: ) all night. Hope to be up there with you all for the Bulldogs game

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:That would be Steve! Wow! you guys sounded good from level one! The crowd were in good voice (surprise :roll: :lol: ) all night. Hope to be up there with you all for the Bulldogs game
so much so the Coach noticed and commended..

"To get the fans excited was pretty good." Ross Lyon
http://www.saints.com.au/season2010/new ... fault.aspx

or more precisely- " To hear the Fans get excited is pretty good." from audio
Last edited by saintbrat on Sun 04 Apr 2010 2:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
snoopygirl wrote:What you were hearing on telly was not the Moorabbin Wing Battye.

Gotta love his knew chant, based on Elephants and sex.....was kind of weird and threw a few off guard!
Umm..that was a proposed one for Luke Ball next week..and you might ahve noticed got a prtty universal "thumbs down" hehe

Yep the chanter is Steve....he and his sidekick Ben (the short crazy fella sititng next to him) were the "inventors" of the Moorabbin Wing. It was their passion for a dedicated Saints area on L3 that started the whole ball rolling

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

And very knowledgeable about soccer and the EPL too...always asks me who have beaten Everton lately :wink: :roll:
I can still remember the days of 2001 & 2002 when we enjoyed ourselves up on level three with you guys.
Good on you Steve and Ben legends both! and of course the entire MW..you sounded awesome from where we sat!
Take a bow!!!
Hope to catch up at the victory room before the magpies game?
(unless I'm a no-show again :oops: in which case I won't be there :? )

Happy Easter to the Folks on the wing!!!!!

Dave

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Umm..that was a proposed one for Luke Ball next week..and you might ahve noticed got a prtty universal "thumbs down" hehe

Yep the chanter is Steve....he and his sidekick Ben (the short crazy fella sititng next to him) were the "inventors" of the Moorabbin Wing. It was their passion for a dedicated Saints area on L3 that started the whole ball rolling
The reaction to the Luke Ball chant was funnier than the chant. A few embarrassed faces :lol: :lol: :lol:

loris
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic................ Steve is 'Sonof66' an origianl of this site when he used to post and most informatively I may add. And his sidekick Ben is 'Wizsteppa'.

I love catching up with Steve and Ben every time I get to the MW. Don't know if Steve has updated his Saints scarf as yet. If he is still wearing a rather ancient beer sodden one....... it is a very precious one.......... he knitted it himself when in primary school or so the legend goes. :wink:

Superboot
SS Life Member

thejiggingsaint wrote:And very knowledgeable about soccer and the EPL too...always asks me who have beaten Everton lately :wink: :roll:
And the honest answer would have to be "no-one" :wink: :D

Had to watch the North game on TV. You, Dave, were on in close-up for a couple of seconds!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
saint66au wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

The reaction to the Luke Ball chant was funnier than the chant. A few embarrassed faces :lol: :lol: :lol:
It was indeed.

Can anyone please tell me what the chant was?

Maybe PM it if you can't post it!

I can't see how it could be below the belt if we are talking about Ball.

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

yes pm it to me to..!!

love a good chant :)

a little off topic but one of my favourites from the soccer is "what a waste of monneyy" always gets a giggle out of me.. perfect for Ball.

well done everyone for efforts at the Nroth game.

Nattens
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
saint66au wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

It was indeed.

Luke Ball

Luke Ball

Your father washes elephants

Your mother is a w***e

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Nattens wrote:
Luke Ball

Luke Ball

Your mother is a w***e
Is that you Bill Shakespeare?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Nattens wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
saint66au wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

It was indeed.

Luke Ball

Luke Ball

Your mother is a w***e
His parents are actually very nice and wealthy. And Luke is a well educated x - Xavier boy. He was the captain of the Firsts cricket team, and football team (beat his mate Jobe Watson to the job) Luke achieved a very high enter score in VCE and once his football carrier is over he will have a life and earn money, unlike many other AFL players these days who don’t have a future after football.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
howlinwolf
Club Player

We sat very close and most of the chants were corny and embarrassing.

The Luke Ball chant went over like a lead balloon.

Completely inappropriate to be bringing his mother's dignity into it.

Leave those chants for the Collingwood brains trust

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

howlinwolf wrote:We sat very close and most of the chants were corny and embarrassing.

The Luke Ball chant went over like a lead balloon.

Completely inappropriate to be bringing his mother's dignity into it.

Leave those chants for the Collingwood brains trust

Which is why it got the thumbs down.

Most of the chants are corny, but a lot of them are done for the kids in the area who like joining in. We even have a new convert by the name of Brandon who is all of 2 years old. Will be a Saint for life no doubt. :lol:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

dals_da_bomb wrote:yes pm it to me to..!!

love a good chant :)

a little off topic but one of my favourites from the soccer is "what a waste of monneyy" always gets a giggle out of me.. perfect for Ball.
well done everyone for efforts at the Nroth game.
Oh we have a winner..that will get a run at some point I will make sure

Simple, relevant and G rated :-)

Just need him to get run down and pinged by CJ on the Members Wing..we will go off :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
markp
Saintsational Legend

Just yell "Woof!" whenever he kicks the ball.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

My wife reckons the 'chant leader' on L3 looks like the Gyro Captain from Mad Max 2 (Bruce Spence).

He's therefore simply "The Gyro" to us.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:My wife reckons the 'chant leader' on L3 looks like the Gyro Captain from Mad Max 2 (Bruce Spence).

He looked a little like a robust Stephen Merchant (of The Office and Extras fame) from the lofty heights at the back of the MW.

My eldest thought he was terrific. Refused to go and sit with his grandmother among the clapping folk on Level 2 in case he missed out on some sort of cheering/clapping. I'm from the Easter Island school of supporting where I clap politely for the first 20 goals so it was nice for him to see the more animated types. Very excited about this week. :)

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:My wife reckons the 'chant leader' on L3 looks like the Gyro Captain from Mad Max 2 (Bruce Spence).

He looked a little like a robust Stephen Merchant (of The Office and Extras fame) from the lofty heights at the back of the MW.

My eldest thought he was terrific. Refused to go and sit with his grandmother among the clapping folk on Level 2 in case he missed out on some sort of cheering/clapping. I'm from the Easter Island school of supporting where I clap politely for the first 20 goals so it was nice for him to see the more animated types. Very excited about this week. :)
I reckon theres a bot of both Spence and Merchant now I think about it

As for you Mr Cowboy...a mutual friend and I have you pinned..as Chris Bailey from the Saints...circa 2010 I might add not 1977

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor