Phil Gould your a tool

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Phil Gould your a tool

Juat heard from the fat opinionated toad on the news, claiming Waldron inherited his ability to cheat the cap from his experience at St.Kilda.

Now listen here you no neck oxygen thief, dont try and shift blame for what is happening in your beloved no neck bum sniffing code on us.

You have no basis for that claim, none whatsoever. So back to the pizza and stroking of your own ego. Gould=Tool.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Gould is a tosser at the best of times, this was onle a matter of time from someone in rugby league. I think Rugby League ppl know that a lot more will come out abouth other clubs in the NRL

I love this club
bozza1980
Club Player

That would be an odd comment to make.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
Saintsfan
Club Player

Wierd comment from a man who is usually on the money re the politicals of the Rugby League and the 'state' it is in

He doesn't just run his mouth usually he is a knowledgable commentator of both what goes on and off the field.

Interesting

It is also interesting how the above posters have automatically labelled him wrong and an 'oxygen theif' despite knowing nothing about the dealings of what happened during Waldron's time at the club.

I wonder if they are that quick to jump to conclusions usually?

The Saintsfan Cometh
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Saintsfan wrote:Wierd comment from a man who is usually on the money re the politicals of the Rugby League and the 'state' it is in

He doesn't just run his mouth usually he is a knowledgable commentator of both what goes on and off the field.

Interesting

It is also interesting how the above posters have automatically labelled him wrong and an 'oxygen theif' despite knowing nothing about the dealings of what happened during Waldron's time at the club.

I sincerely hope Im NOT, MAYBE I am. Either way, my personal opinion of him stands. Never liked him. Now, I despise him!

Heres a newsflash, Gould has no f****** idea either! Yet he can claim on national radio its all St.Kildas fault! Weak as piss Gould is.
Last edited by iwantmeseats on Tue 27 Apr 2010 1:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saintsfan
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:Wierd comment from a man who is usually on the money re the politicals of the Rugby League and the 'state' it is in

Interesting

I sincerely hope Im NOT, MAYBE I am. Either way, my personal opinion of him stands. Never liked him. Now, I despise him!
So let's say we were fiddling the books when Waldron was here...do you still despise him despite him telling the truth?

The Saintsfan Cometh
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Saintsfan wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:

Interesting

So let's say we were fiddling the books when Waldron was here...do you still despise him despite him telling the truth?
Is this a trick question? Yes!

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Interesting

I happen to be a fan of the Storm. Whilst I do not know what happened at the Saints when Waldron was CEO, I bet Gould doesnt either, so he should say little until he can prove something like that. And Gould in an oxygen theif.

I love this club
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Saintsfan,

Even if Waldron was cooking the books, I sincerely DOUBT the toad has any idea he was!

The Toad Gould is like a pig in s*** on this issue in the NRL. He can get on his soapbox and drop his trap and crap on while stroking his ego.

Phil Gould is ALWAYS right. Dont know if you have ever noticed that?

Well Phil, a broken clock is also right twice a day.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:

Interesting

I happen to be a fan of the Storm. Whilst I do not know what happened at the Saints when Waldron was CEO, I bet Gould doesnt either, so he should say little until he can prove something like that. And Gould in an oxygen theif.
agreed, stupid comment. From my reading of it waldron did not start it at the storm, was already going when he got there.... curious

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Saintsfan
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:Saintsfan,

Even if Waldron was cooking the books, I sincerely DOUBT the toad has any idea was!

The Toad Gould is like a pig in s*** on this issue in the NRL. He can get on his soapbox and drop his trap and crap on while stroking his ego.

Phil Gould is not always right. People perceive him that way due to his forceful nature and passion for his sport. There is a difference. He is a passionate man

The Saintsfan Cometh
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Saintsfan wrote:

Even if Waldron was cooking the books, I sincerely DOUBT the toad has any idea was!

Phil Gould is not always right. People perceive him that way due to his forceful nature and passion for his sport. There is a difference. He is a passionate man

Is that so? I tend to think if you ask Phil Gould if Phil Gould is right all the time, Phil Gould will tell you Phil Gould knows exactly whats going on.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Sorry not trying to be a smartarse, much...but I was disgusted to hear that comment from him. It really is weak, and says alot to me about the toad, urgh...sorry the man.

Saintsfan
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:

Is that so? I tend to think if you ask Phil Gould if Phil Gould is right all the time, Phil Gould will tell you Phil Gould knows exactly whats going on.
Well somebody has to have an idea what is going on in that sport because nobody at the top does

The Saintsfan Cometh
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

I think thats right Saintsfan, and Im not sure if they want to either. Could have the potential to bring the whole competition down.

But it wont, because the issue will, over time, slink off into the night.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Phil Gould your a tool

iwantmeseats wrote:Juat heard from the fat opinionated toad on the news, claiming Waldron inherited his ability to cheat the cap from his experience at St.Kilda.

Now listen here you no neck oxygen thief, dont try and shift blame for what is happening in your beloved no neck bum sniffing code on us.

You have no basis for that claim, none whatsoever. So back to the pizza and stroking of your own ego. Gould=Tool.

i would have thought that such a disgraceful comment was actionable by the st kilda football club.....anyone know how to contact that fool???

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Interesting

how the f*** would you know..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

it's a f****** slanderous comment made by a fool.....

and your comments confirm what you are....

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The easy option for corrupt organisations is to try and lay the blame at others feet.

Seems like the RL mouthpiece is attmpting to this without

a) any knowledge of how the AFL conducts its Salary Cap, TTP, and its auditing

b) not a clue on how a specific football club operated their finances under the rules in point a) over 6 years ago.

Seems to be that mud throwing, scandal, finger pointing, and scapegoating is de rigeour in the mickey mouse provincial joke of a code that is Rugby League.

The administrators, commentators, and majority of fans are neanderthals who are at about the same administration and game development AFL was a quarter of a century ago. They dont even have an administrative body to run the game.

Phil Gould was a very good footballer, a talented coach, an insightful commentator of his code and its issues.

However he cannot simply throw allegations when he has no clue at all of AFL and its setup, its reporting procedures, its governance, its auditing principles, and it compliance.

As stinger pointed out, this allegation sounds actionable. It is a slur on the STKFC with no basis in fact

Heres a hint Phil, just because your code is a joke, and a shambles, and doesn't understand how to administer a salary cap, dont try to drag down AFL to your codes tin pot amateur level.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

that f****** idiot gould should read this bofore throwing s*** at the saints and the afl....

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... .html#poll

" NRL cheating rife, says ex-Storm chief Waldron
ANDREW RULE AND TOM REILLY
April 27, 2010

Brian Waldron steps out in Melbourne yesterday to hit back at his accusers over the Storm rugby league salary cap scandal.

Brian Waldron steps out in Melbourne yesterday to hit back at his accusers over the Storm rugby league salary cap scandal. Photo: Craig Abraham

FORMER Melbourne Storm chief executive Brian Waldron has hit back at News Ltd and the National Rugby League for their involvement in the club's salary cap rorts, rejecting their depiction of him as the sole architect of the scheme.

Breaking his silence for the first time since the scandal broke last week, Waldron has called for a public inquiry into salary cap cheating, which he says has spread through NRL clubs over several years.

In a statement, Waldron told The Age he would ''tell everything I know'' to any properly constituted, transparent inquiry that required evidence under oath.
Advertisement: Story continues below

He singled out News Ltd for pointed criticism, stating: ''I am … prepared to give the entire background to Rupert Murdoch so that he has a full understanding of how his company has managed a $66 million investment in the Melbourne Storm since its inception.''

In a meeting at a friend's office in central Melbourne, the casually dressed Waldron spoke fluently, forcefully and at length, but strictly off the record, sticking to legal advice not to talk about the salary issue.

He laughed off the ''Where's Wally'' jibes of recent days, saying he had gone about normal activities - watching his son play football in Camberwell, going to his mother's 79th birthday and having dinner with friends. At times like this, he said, ''you stick to the closest 30 people in your life''.

He stressed that he had ''strong legal advice'' not to comment publicly on methods NRL clubs used to evade salary cap rules that limit ''third party'' payments above players' base salaries. The advice is because of the possibility police will investigate the affair.

But Waldron has confided in friends, family and former workmates since the scandal erupted last Thursday, when the NRL announced it had stripped Melbourne Storm of its last two premierships, fined it $500,000 and forced it to return $1.1 million in prizemoney, and banned it from accruing any premiership points this season.

Sources close to Waldron have told The Age he is determined not to let powerful interests use him as a scapegoat for a payment system he says was compromised and corrupted well before he joined Melbourne Storm (from AFL club St Kilda) in 2005.

One well-placed source said yesterday Waldron had named News Ltd executives and NRL chief David Gallop as being aware of widespread salary cap cheating for years.

Waldron believed that News Ltd - owner of Melbourne Storm - and the NRL have vested interests in deflecting attention from suggestions they knew about systemic pay cheating, he said.

Waldron has told several people he warned Gallop three years ago that systemic salary rorting was ''a cancer'' that affected every NRL club except Canberra, which was too broke to pay players more than it should.

But, Waldron said later, Gallop had ignored the warning and had never raised the matter with him again.

A source said last night that Waldron had called Gallop in 2007 as a scandal was brewing at the Newcastle Knights after a former club accountant alleged systematic rorts there.

''He [Waldron] made it clear he thought such practices were widespread throughout the game and that if the NRL were serious about tackling this issue, the only way for this to be done was to have a moratorium whereby clubs could put their hands up to past sins and start from a clean slate,'' the source said.

''Without some sort of amnesty it would be impossible even for those clubs that wanted to do the right thing to straighten out their books.

''But Gallop said that such a deal couldn't be an option. He told Brian that if extensive details came out about breaches in the salary cap … it would be too damaging to the sport's reputation, as it could lead to fans questioning results they'd seen on the pitch.''

Gallop last night would not confirm or deny the conversation with Waldron. He told The Age that if the conversation had taken place, he could not recall it.

Waldron's advisers are intrigued by the new role of veteran News Ltd rugby league troubleshooter Frank Stanton.

Stanton is painted in some quarters as ''a clean pair of hands'' assigned to clean up the salary cap mess.

But it is not the first time News has sent Stanton to Victoria: he arrived to settle a $700,000 salary cap breach in 2004 that occurred on the watch of foundation Storm chief executive John Ribot - before Waldron started at the club.

In his statement yesterday, Waldron said: ''There is a great deal I would like to say about my five years at the Melbourne Storm, a club that I have the highest regard for and whose players are the finest and most courageous group of sportsmen I have ever seen run onto the field of play.''

That's the pity of it, he commented later, in a moment of reflection: they are a great team that will now be remembered for the wrong reason.

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

This sort of thing makes me so mad.
I understand they are trying anything to shift the focus off their sport as its a pretty horrendous time for them BUT !
I would want some evidence backing these claims before they start trying to drag our club through the mud with them.

So unless he can put up then I suggest he shut up.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Phil Gould, you're a tool

not

Phil Gould your a tool

Sorry, it just looks better if a thread title has been written correctly.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

yep...but either way the guy is a dead set penis head....

this is the real reason waldron quit the saints ffs....

" Inter-office affair forced boss out
CAROLINE WILSON
April 24, 2010

BRIAN Waldron's sudden and unexpected departure from St Kilda took place not because of any perceived salary cap problems but because of his divisive and intense relationship with a female staffer who became his partner.'
Last edited by stinger on Tue 27 Apr 2010 3:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:yep...but either way the guy is a dead set penis head....
I was going to add something like that but I knew someone would do it for me :wink:

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:The easy option for corrupt organisations is to try and lay the blame at others feet.

Seems like the RL mouthpiece is attmpting to this without

a) any knowledge of how the AFL conducts its Salary Cap, TTP, and its auditing

b) not a clue on how a specific football club operated their finances under the rules in point a) over 6 years ago.

Seems to be that mud throwing, scandal, finger pointing, and scapegoating is de rigeour in the mickey mouse provincial joke of a code that is Rugby League.

The administrators, commentators, and majority of fans are neanderthals who are at about the same administration and game development AFL was a quarter of a century ago. They dont even have an administrative body to run the game.

Phil Gould was a very good footballer, a talented coach, an insightful commentator of his code and its issues.

However he cannot simply throw allegations when he has no clue at all of AFL and its setup, its reporting procedures, its governance, its auditing principles, and it compliance.

As stinger pointed out, this allegation sounds actionable. It is a slur on the STKFC with no basis in fact

Heres a hint Phil, just because your code is a joke, and a shambles, and doesn't understand how to administer a salary cap, dont try to drag down AFL to your codes tin pot amateur level.

I think that is what I was trying to say. The thing that pisses me of most is his crack at the saints without any clue or evidence in an attempt to shift focus away from the nrl, I hope the club does take action, but then again we all know he is a chookfeeder of the highest order.

I love this club
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
stinger wrote:yep...but either way the guy is a dead set penis head....
I was going to add something like that but I knew someone would do it for me :wink:
happy to be of service and not let you down....