What on earth has happened to our disposal?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mooksy
Club Player

What on earth has happened to our disposal?

It's like we have been playing with dodgy footballs for 3 weeks.

saint vince
Club Player

Agree once we get our kicking boots back on watch out we will start flogging teams not just winning by a few kicks.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: What on earth has happened to our disposal?

pressure. they are a very good side and we beat them without riewoldt and grammy.

ben_fff
Club Player

You have to expect that from those type of pressure games, the dogs were almost in the same boat and they have fantastic field kicking the majority of the time.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:pressure. they are a very good side and we beat them without riewoldt and grammy.
Exactly...I didn't see the Dogs running around like the Harlem Globetrotters either.

rexy
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:
bigcarl wrote:pressure. they are a very good side and we beat them without riewoldt and grammy.
Exactly...I didn't see the Dogs running around like the Harlem Globetrotters either.
Thought the dogs field kicking was considerably better than ours! Luckily our endeavour, preassure, spirit and intensity won us the game.

Maybe this year?
degruch
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:
degruch wrote:
Thought the dogs field kicking was considerably better than ours! Luckily our endeavour, preassure, spirit and intensity won us the game.
I just finished watching the replay, plenty of turnovers and sloppy disposal from them too. Large patches of the game where they couldn't run 2 meters without being harrassed or tackles. But, we can be watching the same game and get different impressions...maybe the Saints were actually brilliant? :P

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Never seen us kick it out of bounds so often

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote:Never seen us kick it out of bounds so often
Last week, except they were all shots at goal.

rexy
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:
rexy wrote:
degruch wrote:
I just finished watching the replay, plenty of turnovers and sloppy disposal from them too. Large patches of the game where they couldn't run 2 meters without being harrassed or tackles. But, we can be watching the same game and get different impressions...maybe the Saints were actually brilliant? :P
I agree degruch, my concern in the first half was the amount of turnovers we comitted when not under immediate preassure, kicks off half back that just did not hit targets and forced us to go into another contest rather than keep posession.

Maybe this year?
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:I agree degruch, my concern in the first half was the amount of turnovers we comitted when not under immediate preassure, kicks off half back that just did not hit targets and forced us to go into another contest rather than keep posession.
one of the problems is that no one is presenting across half forward, often because they are all behind the ball. we need to return to a settled forward structure.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Bit like the Prelim last year.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

It's gotta be these new footy's. 8-) 8-)

rexy
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
rexy wrote:I agree degruch, my concern in the first half was the amount of turnovers we comitted when not under immediate preassure, kicks off half back that just did not hit targets and forced us to go into another contest rather than keep posession.
one of the problems is that no one is presenting across half forward, often because they are all behind the ball. we need to return to a settled forward structure.
That is a problem no doubt, tonight though IMO, we butchered easy kicks from defensive 50 to free players on the wing or in the centre, Ie we had the ball, we had space, we had a target in space but we didnt hit him, in some cases we turned it directly over, in others we just made our team mate work so much harder to get it and gave the opposition extra time to structure up. Targets in the forward line rely on quick transition and fluid play to give them a chance to lose there man and find some space to ove into.

Maybe this year?
degruch
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:It's gotta be these new footy's. 8-) 8-)
A mate of mine who knows Andrew McLeod said AMc told him he believed the ball's were a different shape this year. Hmmmmm... :?

Munga
Saintsational Legend

I've been saying it for years, the footy's are getting worse. My 15 year old footy s***s all over these modern one's.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:
degruch wrote:
rexy wrote:
degruch wrote:
I agree degruch, my concern in the first half was the amount of turnovers we comitted when not under immediate preassure, kicks off half back that just did not hit targets and forced us to go into another contest rather than keep posession.
Sam Gilbert was a serial offencer tonight, One howling turnover that surely muct have been a jumper mixup and numerous kicks that just didnt hit targets.
Also doesnt bounce the ball hard enough, it kinda floats back to him and he has to break stride sometimes to gather it.
Brilliant aerialist and reads the ball and the play wonderfully, but I thought his errant disposal and complete lack of a right foot cost us

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Sam Gilbert was a serial offencer tonight, One howling turnover that surely muct have been a jumper mixup and numerous kicks that just didnt hit targets.
Also doesnt bounce the ball hard enough, it kinda floats back to him and he has to break stride sometimes to gather it.
Brilliant aerialist and reads the ball and the play wonderfully, but I thought his errant disposal and complete lack of a right foot cost us
he had no one to go to a lot of the time. would have been looking up for the big blond bloke in No. 12.