Does saints.com.au and the club acknowledge saintsational?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Does saints.com.au and the club acknowledge saintsational?

I just read the article about the "revamp" of the saints.com.au website and the closing down of saints central.

There was a lot mentioned about our Facebook and twitter sites but nothing about the Fan Forum. I have noticed that the Cheer Squad Forum gets a plug on Facebook as well.

I am just curious why our beloved Fan Forum doesn't get a push on the website given that we sponsor 5 players and are a great news source for the Saints.

Can anyone please enlighten me on that?
Last edited by Milan Faletic on Wed 05 May 2010 6:56pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

In the words of J P McEnroe - "You can't be serious"?

I see this forum as a place to get "little" snippets of info but where a lot on here take themselves far too seriously. I don't know why the club would acknowledge a place where a lot of chest thumping and misinformation is bandied around. Need I say more?

Another opportunity awaits!
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As if :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

They would if they could censor us. :wink:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

From what I've seen, we've got a nice little community here, I'd hope the club chooses not to ruin this site by advertising the existance of Saintsational to BigFooty and Facebook users!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

the cheer squad facebook got a mention on the main saints facebook page as we only had 130 odd members on the CS FB, with updating details daily, weekly photos, and so on i thought more people would like to know about it, so posted it on here and got an extra 30-40, then asked the club to mention it on their facebook and got 500 with in a week, and now i think we are sitting close to 900.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:the cheer squad facebook got a mention on the main saints facebook page as we only had 130 odd members on the CS FB, with updating details daily, weekly photos, and so on i thought more people would like to know about it, so posted it on here and got an extra 30-40, then asked the club to mention it on their facebook and got 500 with in a week, and now i think we are sitting close to 900.
Good to hear Dools..... but I cannot see the club endorsing us and enduring the occasional criticism from our midst.

na exa
Club Player

imo .. not being an 'arm' of the corpocracy is our strength.

i'd be fighting tooth and nail to keep it that way.

keep the club on its toes ... they'd be all over whats written here ... and if their not , negligent.

(information is fed into this joint ... and both sides know it)

don't we boys !

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:the cheer squad facebook got a mention on the main saints facebook page as we only had 130 odd members on the CS FB, with updating details daily, weekly photos, and so on i thought more people would like to know about it, so posted it on here and got an extra 30-40, then asked the club to mention it on their facebook and got 500 with in a week, and now i think we are sitting close to 900.
I'm absolutely happy about that, Dools. Don't get the wrong impression. I definitely support the Cheer Squad getting the kudos and the plug on Facebook. Absolutely support that. :)

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:In the words of J P McEnroe - "You can't be serious"?

I see this forum as a place to get "little" snippets of info but where a lot on here take themselves far too seriously. I don't know why the club would acknowledge a place where a lot of chest thumping and misinformation is bandied around. Need I say more?
Clearly not. Perfectly encapsulated why the forum is not publicised.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

na exa wrote:imo .. not being an 'arm' of the corpocracy is our strength.

keep the club on its toes ... they'd be all over whats written here ... and if their not , negligent.

don't we boys !
In a round-a-bout kinda way, this is exactly right. It has been discussed (although never seriously or at much length) that we have an official connection with the club. In theory it would be nice, but it takes away any idea of independence, or being able to raise any negative issues we or you might have with the club or the way that its run.

It would be nice to get some recognition from the club every now and then, but im glad we're not a club 'sanctioned' forum.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:
na exa wrote:imo .. not being an 'arm' of the corpocracy is our strength.

don't we boys !
In a round-a-bout kinda way, this is exactly right. It has been discussed (although never seriously or at much length) that we have an official connection with the club. In theory it would be nice, but it takes away any idea of independence, or being able to raise any negative issues we or you might have with the club or the way that its run.

It would be nice to get some recognition from the club every now and then, but im glad we're not a club 'sanctioned' forum.
Fair point and well explained. Sort of the Don Chipp of the St Kilda Footy Club.

The angle I was coming from was maybe if more Saints people knew about it, we might get some fresh views from a wider spectrum of supporters.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

no way in the world would the club advertise this place or make it part of the 'clubs' online info.

and rightly so i reckon
place has survived long enough and is prob one of the most known team forums online

we do alright on our own i reckon
blimey, we can manage to scrape up 7 grand for player sponsorships.

who else does that as a group thing???

no one

8-)

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Yep, well said matrix!

As a forum community, I think the impact we have on the club itself speaks for itself.

The amount raised for sponsorship is astonishing, well done to all involved, again.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Yep, well said matrix!

As a forum community, I think the impact we have on the club itself speaks for itself.

The amount raised for sponsorship is astonishing, well done to all involved, again.
Its just a pity n1ck, that the club chooses to ignore our contribution at official functions.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

That was sort of my point, too, GO. Thx.

I get the rest of the responses too. Makes sense.

Was just curious on what people thought. :wink:
Last edited by Milan Faletic on Wed 05 May 2010 3:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Yes, I agree...

bigred
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:no way in the world would the club advertise this place or make it part of the 'clubs' online info.

and rightly so i reckon
place has survived long enough and is prob one of the most known team forums online

we do alright on our own i reckon
blimey, we can manage to scrape up 7 grand for player sponsorships.

who else does that as a group thing???

no one

8-)
A few other forums sponsor players as well. The poohview used to and Nicks collifilth forum used to also. Bigfooty do a few also..

I think we may sponsor more than most though. This is a very active forum. I JUST HOPE THAT EVERYONE PAYS UP.

This forum needs to remain completely independent to the club....

lol I can imagine what it would be like. Wouldnt last too long.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

We all know the club monitors this site consistently; they regularly take us up on our suggestions, etc - and that's great.

But this is one of the key independent areas of the football club and we do need to keep it that way.

The only thing that could work, I think, might be a special forum where, say, a senior club official - preferably the CEO - would answer questions. It's something that other supporter forums use and use really well.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Does saints.com.au and the club acknowledge saintsationa

Milan Faletic wrote:I just read the article about the "revamp" of the saints.com.au website and the closing down of saints central.

There was a lot mentioned about our Facebook and twitter sites but nothing about the Fan Forum. I have noticed that the Cheer Squad Forum gets a plug on Facebook as well.

I am just curious why our beloved Fan Forum doesn't get a push on the website given that we sponsor 5 players and are a great news source for the Saints.

Can anyone please enlighten me on that?
I amended the thread title. I guess when I asked the question, I wasn't meaning endorsed in a political or financial way. My question wasn't that deep!
I was just referring to whether the club would give the forum a plug on the Facebook page or website for Saints people who may not know about its existence. Didn't really think of the implications in terms of independence from the club. Fair points made though.
Just thought it might be good to open it up to new people with different views.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

IMO there is absolutely no way St Kilda F.C. would endorse us as an 'official forum of the Club' unless they had some (total?) control over it.
Much in teh same way as W.O.M. gets no official sanction.

Even the Cheer Squad, which derives some support from the Club, has to toe the Club line in various aspects to receive their official endorsement.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Does saints.com.au and the club acknowledge saintsationa

Milan Faletic wrote:I guess when I asked the question, I wasn't meaning endorsed in a political or financial way. My question wasn't that deep. I was just referring to whether the club would give the forum a plug on the Facebook page or website for Saints people who may not know about its existence.
there would be legal implications for the club if it were to link with us in an official capacity. just think of some of the libels posted here over the years (just off the top of my head i can think of half a dozen).

if we were an official arm of the club it would be held responsible for them.

that said, the club monitors this site and appreciates the input of many posters.

another factor is financial self-interest. the club benefits from any hits on its official website and sending potential readers here wouldn't make sense financially.

... but everyone at the club comes on here anyway. :wink:

Zippy
Club Player

If saintsational formed up a bid and managed to take over the board, this could be the only official site. Someone should go for it.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Zippy wrote:If saintsational formed up a bid and managed to take over the board, this could be the only official site. Someone should go for it.
Barks where are you?

Zippy
Club Player

bigred wrote:
Zippy wrote:If saintsational formed up a bid and managed to take over the board, this could be the only official site. Someone should go for it.
Barks where are you?
off forming the "we value ruckmen" ticket ;)

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

I love the way Saintsational works, especially because we are only here because we want to be.

I have never been on facebook, but from what I've heard, I'd hate to see Saintional become another social network site (although the jiggingsaint seems to think it's his personal domain to stroke his ego). I'll be shot down for that, but I don't have much time egoists full stop.

Anyone who wants to be involved can be and it is a great way to exchange ideas about the mighty Sainters.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell