CH 9 are scum of the earth....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

One Eyed Saint
Club Player

CH 9 are scum of the earth....

Irrespective of the outcome of the police investigation, the reporting of this story is a disgrace and all St Kilda people should make this point known in every way they can possible. e.g calling radio stations, print media etc.

Not only is this slanderous of #11 and #44 but at NO TIME does CH 9 explain:
1) why after 6 years has this former policeman come forward
2) how did CH 9 come to be in contact with this former policeman
3) did CH 9 pay him for the interview

Now CH 9 (tonight) have interviewed the mother of the woman involved.

ALL OF THIS BEFORE NO NEW EVIDENCE HAS BEEN PRESENTED!!!

To St Kilda supporters / members, contact every media outlet you can to show your rage against this CH 9 crap.

To St Kilda FC, please boycott CH 9 and HS for the rest of this season at least.

To CH 9 and HS, you better make sure you have no skeletons in the closet as the Karma train is coming your way...

To Geelong, we are coming and you'd better be ready....

Go Saints!!

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Where's Catherine Deveny when you need her?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Both CH9 and the Hun understand 1 thing - money

In their case advertising = money.

We can complain, bleat, protest all we like - until they are effected in their asvertsising revenue, they won't give a shyte.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

A viral ad campaign for Underbelly perhaps?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Like the mother of a daughter who made for all intents and purposes flimsy, unsubstantiated and ill founded allegations would say anything else.

Pfffttt.

What crap.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:A viral ad campaign for Underbelly perhaps?
Fight fire with fire?

Maybe a viral campaign for CH9?

Or a facebook hate page

Or a campaign towards their advertisers.

Any ideas?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Fight fire with fire?

Maybe a viral campaign for CH9?

Or a facebook hate page

Or a campaign towards their advertisers.

Any ideas?
I like your thinking Heywood, devious and mischievous, simultaneously.

Nattens
Club Player

Underbelly: Tales Of Moorabbin?

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Why add fuel to the fire? They want response.

Like the paternity "scandal", I think this will dissipate.

No other networks are covering it which is interesting but poignant.

Let's get to the G in our numbers and support our team and it's players.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

I know this really sucks with what is going on but at the end of the day Channel 9 and the Herald sun is a business. A Business like any other business no matter what kind, will always be out to make money.
I am sure Channel 7 and 10 are spewing they didn't get their hands on this story first. Reports like this keep people watching and that in turn will make them money.

We can vent all we like, but really its a business at the end of the day and they will report anything that will grab the public's interest, unfortunately this sort of story will attact interest every day of the week.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:I know this really sucks with what is going on but at the end of the day Channel 9 and the Herald sun is a business. A Business like any other business no matter what kind, will always be out to make money.
I am sure Channel 7 and 10 are spewing they didn't get their hands on this story first. Reports like this keep people watching and that in turn will make them money.

We can vent all we like, but really its a business at the end of the day and they will report anything that will grab the public's interest, unfortunately this sort of story will attact interest every day of the week.
That's the sad truth unfortunately. I post on a local footy forum which I have done for years. I was disappointed and angry to see that many posters who I respected had actually bought this rubbish by The HUN and Ch9. I couldn't believe it. When I tried to point out the facts, they dismissed my views out of hand as being a current serving police member and a saints supporter with an obvious bias. The sad truth is that this story has created the very interest that Ch9 and The HUN are looking for. We can jump up and down all we like, but until the inevitible conclusion is drawn that there will be no charges laid and that this whole issue is actually about police leaning on other police and not the facts of the case at hand which have already been thoroughly investigated, then it will keep popping up in the press and the broader media.

philip
Club Player

Sorry all, I can't agree with you flaming ch 9 or the Hun.

Yes they have sensationalised this nut ulimately this is a serious public issue. Remove our football club from the accussed and then contemplate what is being alledged by a former police detective, that his investigation was compromised and he was pressured to not present a full case.

The fact it is our boys involved is hugely dissapointing but in the end they are part of this.

The only questions I want answered by the former detective are this:
1. Did you do less than you should have due to the pressure?
2. Did the brief that went up to the DPP have anything left out?

If the answer to the above is yes then the case must be reopened. If the answer is no, then his claims of pressure must be investigated but made clear that the case itself was ultimately not compromised!

So, sorry to be the odd one out but this is a serious issue with significant public policy issues.

philip

Just looking forward to us having a real crack each week, and appreciating the younger talent coming through.
StSteven
Club Player

I totally agree this is a public issue that must be investigated. BUT it is a story about police, officials etc. Why keep showing pictures of Milne and St K FC in news, papers etc.

The story is about corruption......not football.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Decide it in the courts or shut up. One of our board members is very high up in the Victorian legal system, so I expect the club will be following the correct path. Lets get on with Friday and a win!

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

This whole situation stinks of trying to sell piss rags and get people to watch a TV station. NO new evediance whatsoever was put foward. The only thing the article (I didnt watch the story) gave us was the opinion of a former copper. BIG F'N YAWN.

However I will vote with my wallet.

I will never buy or read the Herald Sun again.

I will never watch ch 9 programing again.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Go Sainters Go
Club Player

The Hun and Ch 9 have a very close relationship with Eddie and Collingwood, any fool knows that.
It seems to me quite strange that this story has come out EXCLUSIVELY to them and no one else - so the questions that should be answered are:

1. Why has this story come out 6 years after the event.
2. Why hasn't this matter been the subject of an internal police enquiry BEFORE Ch9 and the Hun got into it.
3. How long is it since the two Detectives left the force, were they sacked or did they resign and if so, why?
4. Was payment made by Ch9 to one or both the former Detectives.
5. Are the former Detectives associated with and/or supporters of Collingwood and are they known to Eddie Macguire and/or Mick Malthouse.

Many will agree that the timing of the reporting by Ch9 and the Hun some two and a half months after the Malthouse spat and lies with Milney could be seen as a "payback" to the StKFC.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
stinger
Saintsational Legend

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I’m appalled at Channel 9 and the Herald Sun. Truly disgusted! They have tried their utmost to drag both of these players names back through the mud again! IF there was something there originally, I’m sure it would have been properly investigated. Surely the Vic Police aren’t that corrupt?? Surely?

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

stinger wrote:from this morning's hun...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/invest ... 5882983027
How to take a sensible comment and beat it up in a headline to imply something completely different.

The worst of English tabloid journalism is now in Australia.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
markp
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:

How to take a sensible comment and beat it up in a headline to imply something completely different.

Yup... surely cost, resource allocation, whatever you want to call it, is a consideration when deciding whether to pursue many, if not most cases.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:

Exactly.

The same costs vs prospects applies to every case, and many others don't proceed for exactly the same reason! :evil:

3:16
Club Player

Victoria Police would go to the end of the earth to find a footballer guilty of anything, cost would not come into it, if that's the case, then you can expect the case against one A.Lovett to be dropped!!!!!

This is the doing of Channel Eddie and one or two others, as I have said all along, just remember Milney had a pretty decent week before hand, to the discust of a few: Ed, Mick and one other who is yet to be mentioned on this forum!!!!!

Ps: Was always going to be a family member on Channel Eddie last night, as previously stated!!!!!

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????
yipper
SS Life Member

3:16 wrote:Victoria Police would go to the end of the earth to find a footballer guilty of anything, cost would not come into it, if that's the case, then you can expect the case against one A.Lovett to be dropped!!!!!

This is the doing of Channel Eddie and one or two others, as I have said all along, just remember Milney had a pretty decent week before hand, to the discust of a few: Ed, Mick and one other who is yet to be mentioned on this forum!!!!!
Ps: Was always going to be a family member on Channel Eddie last night, as previously stated!!!!!
Jeff Browne??

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Wonder how many times Milney will get the "R" word yelled at him this week...

**** that s***s me.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
3:16
Club Player

yipper wrote:
3:16 wrote:Victoria Police would go to the end of the earth to find a footballer guilty of anything, cost would not come into it, if that's the case, then you can expect the case against one A.Lovett to be dropped!!!!!

Jeff Browne??
No, was a lot closer to home than that!!!!!

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????