Why is this Steve Johnsons Fault?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Why is this Steve Johnsons Fault?

I have read the hatefest towards Steve Johnson on here about Bakes?

Why?

He wasn't the one complaining and he got 4 for whacking Bakes - fair cop, and Bakes got as good as he gave.

Blame the MRP and its architech that idiot Anderson.

Blame the AFL for its incredible inconsistancy and shambles of a system.

But dont blame a the player. they shook hands at the end of it and left it on the field.

It has only been hasbeen thugs and snipers like Hocking and Couch that have complained.

Fkn hypocrites.

So enough of the hate towards Steve Johnson - he copped it and he gave it back

peace.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Beats me

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I'm actually feeling far more aggrieved with Bummer Thompson and his comments about it than I ever was at Johnson.

But yeah, MRP and Anderson need to be removed and replaced with something far more consistent.

The calling for the sacking of that meddling moron Anderson would be well overdue.
Last edited by Sainternist on Tue 29 Jun 2010 6:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Cause he is GOOD. Often the way it goes. I got no prob at all with SJ.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Who's blaming Johnson?

He's inconsequential to this sad and sorry saga.

This is about the MRP and their inconsistencey and the suspicion there were outside influences on their decision.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Maybe because he is a drop kick..just a thought though.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Not his fault, but also didn't cop his fair whack, should have got 2 more minimum...

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Absolutely right JB, it's been trial by media and ex handbag carrying Geelong players who couldn't win a premiership.
Actually, after watching the replay, it amused me just how much McAvaney, Cometti and Matthews we're enjoying the contest between Baker and Johnson.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I don't blame him at all. They niggled each other, but because Bakes has a reputation he coped the blame. But they shook hands at the end and shared a few words, so I don't this he was overly upset by what happened. But I do feel this is definately trial by media and we can thank Eddie for that.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Moods
Saintsational Legend

How is this Eddies fault?

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Everything is Eddie's fault.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Haven't notice a 'hatefest' towards SJ...the handful of posters who've had a shot at him have been (deservedly) shut down.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I haven't blamed him, thought it was good of them both to shake hands after the match...

I watched the footage again tonight, and only just noticed the jumper punching between Johnson and Baker, and the punch by Mooney on Blake, all were happening at the same time.

Please don't tell me that the photo in the paper of the umpire standing right next to them, was while this was all going on? :shock:

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

I blame him!! If he wasn't so smackable this wouldn't have happened!!! :wink: :wink:

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I don't think I've seen anyone blame Johnson.

Most, certainly myself, feel he has been rodgered terribly also considering Judd got off last week.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Correct Joffa, IMO Stevie J is okay, he's from the old school of what happens on the field stays on the field.

Havent heard him whinge at all, in this game, or any previous games, and he cops it most weeks. (maybe not to the Bakes standard though :lol: )

degruch
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Most, certainly myself, feel he has been rodgered terribly also considering Judd got off last week.
We've all been rodgered terribly on this forum, and I blame you

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Do we actually know he has an injured hand?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Do we actually know he has an injured hand?
I've asked that question a few times too. Needless to say, Fishlips has assured the media that it happened during the course of play. :roll:

Gracie
Club Player

Is there any youtube footage of baker and johnson shaking hands? We need to make our own media campaign - internet/TV whatever of that footage with words like 'this is sportsmanship afl'. Everything else is BS.

Gracie

Just beat it. No wants to be defeated
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I haven't blamed him, thought it was good of them both to shake hands after the match...

I watched the footage again tonight, and only just noticed the jumper punching between Johnson and Baker, and the punch by Mooney on Blake, all were happening at the same time.

Please don't tell me that the photo in the paper of the umpire standing right next to them, was while this was all going on? :shock:
It was, and the umpires have a lot to answer for. It is their job to adjudicate on the field. They failed to do so and should all be sent to Siberia for a couple of weeks.
Having said that I thought they were very good in all other respects.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:I haven't blamed him, thought it was good of them both to shake hands after the match...

It was, and the umpires have a lot to answer for. It is their job to adjudicate on the field. They failed to do so and should all be sent to Siberia for a couple of weeks.
Crazy, so number 8, was actually watching the 4 of them and didn't see anything untowards enough to blow his whistle?

Umpired well in the sense they let the play continue, and put the whistle away...that's where it ended though, some absolute shockers.

The failure to have a ball-up when a kick from the middle collected the umpire, when it was obvious it would have been an uncontested St Kilda mark in space just outside the 50. It was collected by a Geelong player and resulted in a goal, the game momentum in the game totally shifted to Geelong at that point IMO.

The shocker in the last, when Milne played on.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

Crazy, so number 8, was actually watching the 4 of them and didn't see anything untowards enough to blow his whistle?

Umpired well in the sense they let the play continue, and put the whistle away...that's where it ended though, some absolute shockers.

The failure to have a ball-up when a kick from the middle collected the umpire, when it was obvious it would have been an uncontested St Kilda mark in space just outside the 50. It was collected by a Geelong player and resulted in a goal, the game momentum in the game totally shifted to Geelong at that point IMO.

I thought they were good.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

I thought they were good.
Perhaps the lack of holding the ball decisions would suit if you were the side that ended with the lower tackle count :wink: