Barlow just copped a broken leg similar to Gooses

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

backit
Club Player

Barlow just copped a broken leg similar to Gooses

Barlow just had Palmer crash into his leg similar to Gooses, looked bloody nasty. Hope it does not impact on his footy in the future as he has been a good news story in the AFL this year.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

How awful!!!! It's a bummer for the player who has made such a big impact this season! Get well soon!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Thought it was his knee

Another opportunity awaits!
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Oh that really sucks. I haven't felt this bad about an opposition player's injury since Browny in 2005.

Get well soon Barlow.

doppler effect
Club Player

That's bloody awful news. Such a damn good player too. Hope he has a swift recovery.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

And so unnecessary.

Not blaming Palmer, he just went for the ball like a good player should, but as a supporter it breaks your heart when you are ten goals up and one of your stars injures themselves badly in the final couple of minutes.

Reminded me of us in 2004/05 watching Freo players go down today.

As we said Roo could have done his injury this round, not 3 months ago, meaning a tilt at the flag without Roo.

Now we are 10-3 with Roo about to come back. Maybe out luck has changed.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintDal
Club Player

Can't believe he tried to stand up after. Must have been in shock because that must've been painful.

There seemed to be a lot of Freo players colliding with each other in that game. Can't question their courage I guess but it must suck when your own teammates are doing the damage.

Kate
Club Player

I wouldn't wish that on anyone. :(

SuperSaint
Club Player

Terrible for him. He is a great kid and let's hope its not both the fibula and tibia bones that are broken, like Goose did. Poor Goose shattered both of the bones.

Saint4Eva
Club Player

SuperSaint wrote:Terrible for him. He is a great kid and let's hope its not both the fibula and tibia bones that are broken, like Goose did. Poor Goose shattered both of the bones.
I'ts both, it bent right over when he tried to stand up

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Shame for the kid...finally cracked into the big time after being knocked back a few times....becomes an instant star,then this happens. The ups and downs of footy!

That will hurt Freo a lot. They'll struggle to stay in the 4 now

Bring back the Lockett era
jays
Club Player

no no no my supercoach team, do feel real bad for the guy aswell
Last edited by jays on Sun 04 Jul 2010 12:29am, edited 1 time in total.

SuperSaint
Club Player

Saint4Eva wrote:
SuperSaint wrote:Terrible for him. He is a great kid and let's hope its not both the fibula and tibia bones that are broken, like Goose did. Poor Goose shattered both of the bones.
Very sad to hear this. He would have been on a modest salary this year too.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Was leading ABC Player of the Year too.

Bugger.

But flip side - he could have been ours - was training with us at one point wasn't he ?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintnick12
Club Player

SuperSaint wrote:
Saint4Eva wrote:
Very sad to hear this. He would have been on a modest salary this year too.
His contract was redone after a few games this season and they signed him up for a couple of years. Some thought he signed too early and could have got a higher price if he waited a bit longer. At least now he has the security of a contract while he tries to recover.

Poor guy. Having watched Goose and Browny going through it, you wouldn't wish it on anyone. He can only hope its a fairly clean break like Voss and that he is able to come back. Such a shame.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
sarah 2
Club Player

horrobile to see all the best barlow
\

GO SAINTS
bigred
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:And so unnecessary.

Not blaming Palmer, he just went for the ball like a good player should, but as a supporter it breaks your heart when you are ten goals up and one of your stars injures themselves badly in the final couple of minutes.

Reminded me of us in 2004/05 watching Freo players go down today.

As we said Roo could have done his injury this round, not 3 months ago, meaning a tilt at the flag without Roo.

Now we are 10-3 with Roo about to come back. Maybe out luck has changed.
Remember Jason Blake almost killing himself running back with the flight in a 100+ point win vs West Coast a few years back...in the last minute of the game or so...After just coming back from having his spine rearranged by Stafford...

Some blokes will just go.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

A dreadful shame for the young bloke. He was playing some terrific footy. I hope he recovers well, and soon.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:A dreadful shame for the young bloke. He was playing some terrific footy. I hope he recovers well, and soon.
This !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
St DAC wrote:A dreadful shame for the young bloke. He was playing some terrific footy. I hope he recovers well, and soon.
This !!
+1

matrix
Saintsational Legend

why is this in here again???

backit
Club Player

Fremantle disappointed with Barlow speculation

"FREMANTLE football manager Chris Bond says the club is disappointed by speculation that Michael Barlow will not play until 2012, with the first-year star receiving positive news on his prospects for next season.

"News Ltd ran a story on Monday suggesting Barlow, who broke his left leg in a sickening collision with teammate Rhys Palmer on Saturday, could miss all of next season and was no certainty to return to football at all."

Typical lazy journalism from the Herald Sun hacks, never let the truth or facts get in the way in the way of a bit of sentastional journalism.

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Poor guy, sounds like it was horrific, Really hate to see this sort of thing happen.
Wish him all the best for his recovery.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
mick13
Club Player

I remember how pointless Goose's injury was as well. Down by 6 goals with a minute left...

All the best to the kid, no one deserves that, least of all Barlow who's done so much to break into the AFL, and go on with it! Hopefully see him back at some stage next year.