Dale Thomas' jumper punch

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LoeweBrow
Club Player

Dale Thomas' jumper punch

Anyone want to have stab at explaining why Dale Thomas wasn't even sighted by the MRP for his jumper punch Friday night against Port?
I know it's too much to expect consistency, but am I not right in saying that AA and the umpiring fraternity pledged to crack down on off the ball incidents?
From my armchair, Thomas' hit seemed to have the same force, the same outcome, and the same intent of Baker's hit on Johnson. This time... no comment!

"No comment IS a comment" - George Carlin
stinger
Saintsational Legend

look who's on the match review panel......an ex filth player......an uncle of a current filth player ...and an ex tiger....might provide some answers....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
DownAtTheJunction
Club Player

Re: Dale Thomas' jumper punch

LoeweBrow wrote:Anyone want to have stab at explaining why Dale Thomas wasn't even sighted by the MRP for his jumper punch Friday night against Port?
I know it's too much to expect consistency, but am I not right in saying that AA and the umpiring fraternity pledged to crack down on off the ball incidents?
From my armchair, Thomas' hit seemed to have the same force, the same outcome, and the same intent of Baker's hit on Johnson. This time... no comment!
Saw it exactly the same, and thought he should have been cited and expected he'd get a week, which would be downgraded. But nothing demonstrated the consistent inequities that exist every week.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Yeah I didn't think Thomas was very manly in doing what he did. Mind you he was only showing his true colours.

Another opportunity awaits!
LoeweBrow
Club Player

Ordinary football fans are contributing hundreds of millions of dollars a year to this competition in memberships, seating, food and beverages, merchandise and additional events. The least I expect is that when I turn up to watch a match, holding the ball means the same thing it did last week, a mark that is only controlled once the player crosses the boundary line is still "out of bounds", and an infringement against another player is policed equally for all.
How is it possible to make an example of S.Baker, and then seemingly ignore identical acts?

"No comment IS a comment" - George Carlin
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:look who's on the match review panel......an ex filth player......an uncle of a current filth player ...and an ex tiger....might provide some answers....
So when Stewie Loewe was on the MRP?? ...oh thats right only ex players from other clubs are corrupt and could conspire to get their own teams players off

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
bozza1980
Club Player

saint66au wrote:
stinger wrote:look who's on the match review panel......an ex filth player......an uncle of a current filth player ...and an ex tiger....might provide some answers....
So when Stewie Loewe was on the MRP?? ...oh thats right only ex players from other clubs are corrupt and could conspire to get their own teams players off
You are right, it's just another example of their horrible inconsistency.

The most stupid rule of all time, "the no such thing as precedents rule" has made them unaccountable and it shows with their weekly lucky dip decisions.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Who are the current members of the match review panel?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:
saint66au wrote:
You are right, it's just another example of their horrible inconsistency.

The most stupid rule of all time, "the no such thing as precedents rule" has made them unaccountable and it shows with their weekly lucky dip decisions.
One of last years 'best' inconsistant MRP clangers came whilst he was on the panel, in the form of Dawson's suspension.

Stjohn
Club Player

Got a twitter the other day from Bakes...

, saying he was having lunch with his old mate 'Buckets'...
I wonder if Stewie should now disqualify himself from future Match Review Panels, for consorting with 'known offenders'? :lol:

" I am a loyal person and at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know I am a St Kilda person for life. That was something that has heavily influenced my decision.â€
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Loewe was a tribunal member...................

Dont think he was on MR panel

saint4life
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:Loewe was a tribunal member...................

Stewie was on the tribunal. Burkey was on the MRP !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:

Isn't Burke at the club? Surely a club member can't hold an impartial AFL disciplinary role?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:

well.....i have sat on an afl affiliated tribunal......certainly would have stood down if any of my nephews or sons appeared before me...thankfully they didn't......but peter carey and cloke's mother are brother and sister....

...make of it what you will....

...ps...how dare you try and tarnish bucket's good name.... :roll: :roll: :twisted: :evil:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/t ... -zf4l.html
Last edited by stinger on Wed 14 Jul 2010 6:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Isn't Burke at the club? Surely a club member can't hold an impartial AFL disciplinary role?
stood down when he was appointed to the saints board....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Who are the current members of the match review panel?
AFL Match Review Panel

* Chairman: Mark Fraser...ex filth/bomber
* Members:
o Peter Carey...........mrs cloke's brother
o Paul Broderick........dropkick former tiger

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
saint66au wrote:

well.....i have sat on an afl affiliated tribunal......certainly would have stood down if any of my nephews or sons appeared before me...thankfully they didn't......but peter carey and cloke's mother are brother and sister....

...ps...how dare you try and tarnish bucket's good name.... :roll: :roll: :twisted: :evil:

What are you on. Peter Carey has nothing at all to do with the Cloke family. Does sound good but completely wrong. I was wondering what you have been on about for the last few days. Time to say the words "I am wrong".

BakesFan
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote: Time to say the words "I am wrong".
LOL!! Good luck with that, p66.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
saint66au wrote:

What are you on. Peter Carey has nothing at all to do with the Cloke family. Does sound good but completely wrong. I was wondering what you have been on about for the last few days. Time to say the words "I am wrong".

peter carey is the brother of cloke's mother

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
saint66au wrote:

Liar.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
saint66au wrote:

Liar.

if you don't know,....,don't comment....

...now there are two peter carey's that i know of....one was a footballer...the other an umpire.......the one that was an umpire is the brother of cloke's mother.....i grew up with her mother and know the family....their name was harrison and they lived in ashburton....

if he is the peter carey now on the mrp...then i am hardy a liar.....if the member of the mrp named carey is the former genelg footballer...then i'm mistaken...but hardly a liar.....you on the other hand are an obnoxious no body.....and always will be....no matter which carey is on the mrp....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
saint66au wrote:

Liar.

if you don;t know,....,don't comment....

...now there are two peter carey's that i know of....one was a footballer...the other an umpire.......the one that was an umpire is the brother of cloke's mother.....i grew up with her mother and know the family....

if he is the peter carey now on the mrp...then i am hardy a liar.....if the member of the mrp named carey is the former genelg footballer...then i'm mistaken...but hardly a liar.....you on the other hand are an obnoxious no body.....and always will be....no matter which carey is on the mrp....
The problem is I know. You dont know. Please aplogise to Peter Carey, the Clokes and everyone on this forum who believed you.

Travis Cloke's uncle is a former umpire but his name is Peter Cameron.

I like your comment that you know the family. I suppose if you do know the family and we believe that we will also believe you are a lawyer and have been on the AFL tribunal. If we dont believe any of it which sounds likely considering you dont know it was Cameron then why would we believe anything else you type. I will stick with the cleaner.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Looks like you've lost him, p66...... maybe he's off checking the Registrar's database.

"Silence is golden; golden..."

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: and have been on the AFL tribunal.

i said an afl affiliated tribunal albert,......not THE afl tribunal

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote: and have been on the AFL tribunal.

i said an afl affiliated tribunal albert,......not THE afl tribunal
How long did the offices take to clean?

Who is Albert? I do know an Albert Carey. I think he is related to the Clokes.