Kosi and Schneider both re-sign with Saints :)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Kosi and Schneider both re-sign with Saints :)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/j ... 5895292435

:D

Very happy, and very sure he will return the faith.

Go Kosi, and go Saints!

Koschitzke, who was to come out of contract at the end of this season, signed quietly about two months ago. It was not announced when news of Lenny Hayes, Nick Dal Santo, Brendon Goddard and Leigh Montagna re-committing filtered out recently. But the Herald Sun can confirm Koschitzke, 27, has committed after St Kilda moved to fight off interest from Gold Coast.
Last edited by SainterK on Thu 22 Jul 2010 1:20am, edited 2 times in total.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Oh, and I missed it mentioned Schneider as well, also great news!

They have secured almost all the guys....just Blake, Farren, Jones and Armo I think?

Richter
SS Life Member

Koschitzke was handsomely rewarded with his previous three-year deal and it is understood he took a pay cut with his latest arrangement.
Compare this to another formerly well salaried employee of the club.... :roll:

That aside. Good on you Kosi. Hope you can get yourself back in to form for September!

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Thanks for the good news SainterK

Furtius Quo Rdelious
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

"The Saints, who are about to announce other signings"

Hopefully that means we're going to lock away a few more....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Going to shot down for this but did we really need to sign Kosi 2 months ago. Hope we got him for a fair amount for both parties and not over the top because of GC17.

Anyway didnt one or two people, who make it sound like they have good contacts, say less than 2 months ago he was gone to our club? As I said at the time unless you were Kosi, family or his manager you wouldnt know. Even that was wrong because the club also knew at the time.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The 'other signings' sounds exciting!

Let's hope one is armo!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:The 'other signings' sounds exciting!

Let's hope one is armo!
Again I am going to cop it but he is going as well as Kosi. If we get him fine but he isnt worth much based on 4 years of ordinary performances.

jk23
Club Player

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
Again I am going to cop it but he is going as well as Kosi. If we get him fine but he isnt worth much based on 4 years of ordinary performances.

I'd have to agree with that Plugger. Really, he's played only a handful of serviceable games in the last few years.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
Koschitzke was handsomely rewarded with his previous three-year deal and it is understood he took a pay cut with his latest arrangement.
Compare this to another formerly well salaried employee of the club.... :roll:

That aside. Good on you Kosi. Hope you can get yourself back in to form for September!
Stephen Theodore wrote:plugger66 wrote:

I'd have to agree with that Plugger. Really, he's played only a handful of serviceable games in the last few years.
as it says in the article he did take a cut.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Let's hope one is armo!
The Guy has taken a physical beating, sacrificing his body time and time again for our club. We demand loyalty of our players surely its time for the club to pay back that loyalty to him.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Let's hope one is armo!
The Guy has taken a physical beating, sacrificing his body time and time again for our club. We demand loyalty of our players surely its time for the club to pay back that loyalty to him.
Exactly.

As far as I'm concerned this is great news.

And I sincerely hope that those posters who jumped up and down about the loss of Ball, X & Goose, on the basis it would affect the fabric of the team etc, fully support the retention of this long serving player.

GO KOSI!

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Thats 50% good news.

Schnieder has played well for us.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Anyway didnt one or two people, who make it sound like they have good contacts, say less than 2 months ago he was gone to our club? As I said at the time unless you were Kosi, family or his manager you wouldnt know. Even that was wrong because the club also knew at the time.
Yes they did, said that it was already done...

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Anyway didnt one or two people, who make it sound like they have good contacts, say less than 2 months ago he was gone to our club? As I said at the time unless you were Kosi, family or his manager you wouldnt know. Even that was wrong because the club also knew at the time.
Yes they did, said that it was already done...
Also at least one poster was able to use his/her superior psychological skills to ascertain Kosi was not happy with the role that Ross has given him in the side.

I guess he is so unhappy about it he's prepared to sign on for another 2 years!

lefty
Club Player

hoping we resign armo soon, very important player imo :)

good to see schneider locked in, he's been playing pretty well this year, been happy with him :)

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Let's hope one is armo!
Complete rubbish.

The club's loyalty is to it's members and to the team structure that will hopefully deliver premierships.

The players are loyal to a club, any club, where they take a pay cut to win a flag.

It's that simple in most cases.

I agree with plugger - and let's hope Kosi is a salary that represents his current value, not hoped for value.

At the end of the day, as the article says, with his poor B&F finishes, we would get bugger all for him from GC17.

The compensation formula for poached players is starting to stink a bit like the MRP formula.

Let's hope it's not a big balls up....more to the point let's hope GC17 get bugger all decent uncontracted players and suffer for a few years like the Bears did :twisted:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

All we can hope with Kosi:

1) There's more to it than meets the eye. For min, even if he's injured, you've got to question him, because there's nothing to make me believe it's going to change.

2) That he took a significant cut. i.e. Koschitzke is paid as a struggling FF, not as the GC's CHF...

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Explains why he hasn't been putting in for the past couple of months. He doesn't have to, he's fine for two more years. Don't expect any change anytime soon.
Maybe he was resigned so we can get something for a trade, can't think of any other reason we'd waste good salary cap money.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:

Let's hope one is armo!
Agreed. Since that game in Tassie, he's played some good quarters, but ultimately hasn't reached the level the club expected him to. If they resign him, it will mean the club still have faith in him and that will be great news. Maybe he'll be a late bloomer, like Jared McVeigh.

But being starved of opportunities and being a Gold Coast boy, GC17 would look mighty handsome to the kid and I doubt the club will be throwing money at him to ward them off.

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Thought Kos was an absolute cert for GC. I know nuthin...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Let's hope one is armo!
Agreed. Since that game in Tassie, he's played some good quarters, but ultimately hasn't reached the level the club expected him to. If they resign him, it will mean the club still have faith in him and that will be great news. Maybe he'll be a late bloomer, like Jared McVeigh.

But being starved of opportunities and being a Gold Coast boy, GC17 would look mighty handsome to the kid and I doubt the club will be throwing money at him to ward them off.
For the record...GC17 was the pre-tender name.

It is now GCFC.

As of tonight it will be the Suns, they say...

Excuse the pedantics but I get shitty when people refer to us a Saint Kilda, so what's good for the goose etc...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
battye
Saintsational Legend

This is great news about Kosi and Schandzo! :D :D

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Beej
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Let's hope one is armo!
Thank god you're not running the football department.

Why would we hold onto a player if it's clear to Ross and co that he doesn't fit into their plans?

Just because he showed us loyalty? Please.

What's more important, a successful football club or showing loyalty to a footballer who we don't even know is good enough to make the grade or not?