Channel 7 Coverage

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kalsaint
Club Player

Channel 7 Coverage

They keep getting worse. Apart from Dennis Commetti they would be completely lost.

Honestly the number of time the camera followed Hawthorn players for long periods on the bench when the game was on is just plain ridiculous.

It eh worst coverage of all networks by a large margin.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
battye
Saintsational Legend

Shocking coverage, they spent about 45-60 seconds following Ross Lyon, Alistair Clarkson, back to Ross Lyon, the interchange benches, the crowd, back to Ross Lyon... all while the game is in progress.

And on delay here in WA there was enough time in the ad breaks between goals for me to flick over to Fox Sports and watch a couple of deliveries in the cricket.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
backit
Club Player

I didn't think it was too bad :D I got to see my daughters close up after a Saints goal in the third qtr one of Schneiders with about 6 mins left (if anyone watches the replay) They were there with their mother and grandmother whilst I am away working in the NT so in the end I enjoyed the coverage as I saw my family on TV and the saints nearly pulled off an improbable win. :lol:

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: Channel 7 Coverage

kalsaint wrote:They keep getting worse. Apart from Dennis Commetti they would be completely lost.

Honestly the number of time the camera followed Hawthorn players for long periods on the bench when the game was on is just plain ridiculous.

It eh worst coverage of all networks by a large margin.
yep, they're shithouse at just displaying the ball. i don't need to see a doctor with his finger up dal's nose, let's just see what's happening on the field.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Terrible what more can you say

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Nobody has mentioned the commentary yet. I thought the commentators had only bothered to learn the Hawthorn players names at one stage.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

channel 7 has to have a private booth for bruce when they televise hawthorn games , cos all those delicious thoughts of cyril and buddy get him in a lather. once the sexual pheromones permeate the commentary booth the rest of the boys get horny as hell , thats why harley and his nude nut has been such a popular inculsion this year !

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

its deplorable. Didnt see it last night as I was at the game. But its far too much of the boys club mentality full of in jokes and general chit chat about non game related bulls***.

Did someone say above it was bad except for Commetti? :shock:

He is the worst of the lot! The old fart cant help himself, constantly dribbling crap and trying and failing to be funny, which isnt actually his f****** job! Thinks its ALL about him, a complete dipshit. I cant wait till we get back to 9, or anyone else.[/list]

saintDal
Club Player

Probably the worst coverage I've seen. Can't count how many times they missed the play. All of a sudden someones running out with the ball from a ruck contest of someones been paid a free kick when we have no idea what it was for. Who gives a crap what Buddy's doing on the bench. There are 43 other guys playing the game too. Amateur stuff really.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Nobody has mentioned the commentary yet. I thought the commentators had only bothered to learn the Hawthorn players names at one stage.

they were actually barracking for the hawks....and bruce was just sick making...reckoned that the dorks were putting us to the sword ffs......idiot.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Having finally watched the replay it was all about Buddy.

Which for the rest of the Hawthorn side must be pretty galling thinking their side begins and ends with him.

Shots of Dal's nose being fixed each and everytime were overdone.

But the shot showing Campbell Brown throwing his elbow was shown only once. Let's hope the MRP views it more than once.

Re the umpiring, the sounds of surprise and bewilderment coming from Dennis Commetti said it all.