Our best Chance

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintWal
Club Player

Our best Chance

It is imperative that we finish 2nd or 3rd. These last 4 games are gold now. Playing the first final against a Geelong that is seemingly limping to the line is a must. If we win the first final it would then give us a two week break before presumably playing the dogs. Not a bad result IMO and one that could get us to the last day again this year.

FQF
SS Life Member

One loss to Collingwood does not mean that Geelong is limping to the line... not even seemingly.

They had been flying since we beat them and hadn't even reached top gear.

And there biggest asset is the immense confidence they have in themselves, which will not be dented from one loss. They know when it counts...

Geelong are not limping to the line. No physically - they have almost every player available for selection - and definitely not mentally.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Yes, they we're limping to the finals last year as well.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saintnick12
Club Player

Geelong are not limping to the line, but seem to be the better option for us for week one of the finals at this stage. I think they may have picked up a few injuries last night too. Scarlett was well below his best. Taylor has picked up another niggle.
Not that i'm advocating a game against Geelong...it just looks like the preferable (and most likely) option at the moment.
We win today and we are one step closer to finishing 3rd at least. Maybe even second if we keep winning and dogs beat the cats which is possible at this stage I guess.
We're hanging by a thread in terms of premiership contention but we are still in it.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
saintnick12
Club Player

3rd generation saint wrote:Yes, they we're limping to the finals last year as well.
Yep. It's this that gives me inspiration for us this year...maybe we can get it together of the next few weeks and give this flag a serious shake. Its September that counts.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
SaintWal
Club Player

Hawkins is no where near it, he looked gone very early.
Pods is only half what he was earlier in the year.
Mooney is contributing little.
Ottens is a long way from where he was even last year
Corey is is still troubled by his knee
Milburn looks slow at times
Lonergan is not great under real pressure

So yeah, I figure I would rather take a first up game against the cats than a Pies out fit that is flying.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Where have you been? I hate to say it but, we are the ones who are limping in at the moment...hoping we can turn it around over the next four weeks and go into the finals with some momentum.

I think I would rather take on the Cats at this stage though.....

But firts things firts, today is a big danger game. No one has given Port a chance, the are our bogey team and we are playing poorly. Signs of an impending disaster.....

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintWal
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:Where have you been? I hate to say it but, we are the ones who are limping in at the moment...hoping we can turn it around over the next four weeks and go into the finals with some momentum.

But firts things firts, today is a big danger game. No one has given Port a chance, the are our bogey team and we are playing poorly. Signs of an impending disaster.....
Just looking at the big picture. I really expect a different level of effort today and going forward for the rest of the season.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

SaintWal wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Where have you been? I hate to say it but, we are the ones who are limping in at the moment...hoping we can turn it around over the next four weeks and go into the finals with some momentum.

Just looking at the big picture. I really expect a different level of effort today and going forward for the rest of the season.
Well you would f@#ken hope so.

saint3d
Club Player

SaintWal wrote:

If we see the level of effort we're all hoping for, by the time the finals start we won't care who we're playing.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

would be very happy with 3rd. Win today and top 4 is almost a certain

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
35...LEGEND
Club Player

Solar wrote:would be very happy with 3rd. Win today and top 4 is almost a certain
If 4th then so be it...............would love to smash the filth straight up :twisted:

But we would need to bring the A game... :wink: