I'm sorry, but I am going to have to do this.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I'm sorry, but I am going to have to do this.

Should we make the Grand Final and be playing the filth and it becomes clear that we are going to lose, then I am sorry but I will have no choice but to leave before the final siren.
This is because there is no way in hell I am going to be in that ground when the filth wins a premiership, because that would be a fate worse than being in hell itself.
I love my team, but I could not allow myself to be there, I would be physically ill, I could lash out and belt the crap out of a filth supporter.
However, if we are in a position where we know we are going to win, I will make sure to remind them that we have now won twice as many premierships as they have in the last 50 years!

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

If the Pies win the flag I'm leaving the country.

It won't be far from the end of the world.

Perfect scenario is Milney kicking the winner after the siren to put us up by a point. He then proceeds to run straight to Mick Malthouse and have a few gentle words to him.

'Because we've got unfinished business'
....................Official Saintsational Banner Designer....................
spert
Saintsational Legend

Fear not! The Pies wont get to the GF

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm sorry, but I am going to have to do this.

3rd generation saint wrote:Should we make the Grand Final and be playing the filth and it becomes clear that we are going to lose, then I am sorry but I will have no choice but to leave before the final siren.
This is because there is no way in hell I am going to be in that ground when the filth wins a premiership, because that would be a fate worse than being in hell itself.
I love my team, but I could not allow myself to be there, I would be physically ill, I could lash out and belt the crap out of a filth supporter.
However, if we are in a position where we know we are going to win, I will make sure to remind them that we have now won twice as many premierships as they have in the last 50 years!

ain't going to happen mate so chill....... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
VietNam_Saint
Club Player

I'd never leave a game before the siren. Wasn't brought up that way.

However , given what you've said 3rd. i'd be well and truly outta there before the siren.

you won't be on your Pat there old mate.

What will be next from this club ?
Newman
Club Player

I'm with you ... left in the dying minute of GF v Cats. Too painful. I never want to watch that game - especially those dying seconds. I reckon the players would even understand the fans leaving. But the sight of the Pies running around celebrating would be just too much. (Also I don't mind the odd tatt or two but when your team starts resembling a typical Pentridge inmate ... it's a bad look.)

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Newman wrote:I'm with you ... left in the dying minute of GF v Cats. Too painful. I never want to watch that game - especially those dying seconds. I reckon the players would even understand the fans leaving. But the sight of the Pies running around celebrating would be just too much. (Also I don't mind the odd tatt or two but when your team starts resembling a typical Pentridge inmate ... it's a bad look.)
You left before the siren in the GF?

We were a kick down at the siren! How did you know how much time was left?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Quixote
SS Life Member

Grow some plums.

Nick and Lenny are not going to let us lose to that mob.

Mark my words.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:Grow some plums.

Nick and Lenny are not going to let us lose to that mob.

Mark my words.
:wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

If we happen to get that far,and happen to face that mob in the Gf,I will have an exit plan organised if things go wrong...I'm with ya!

I've witnessed 2 flags slip through the fingers that just tore the soul apart. However,if we are going down to that mob,I will be straight home,boat on the back of the car,and out of town for a number of days,if not weeks. You'd have to be a sadist to sit through them celebrating.

There is only so much pain one person can take in a footy lifetime,if I was forced to sit through that,quite simply I'd become a mass murderer

Bring back the Lockett era
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

spert wrote:Fear not! The Pies wont get to the GF
Fear not we wont lose the GF

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
bozza1980
Club Player

dcstkfc wrote:
Newman wrote:I'm with you ... left in the dying minute of GF v Cats. Too painful. I never want to watch that game - especially those dying seconds. I reckon the players would even understand the fans leaving. But the sight of the Pies running around celebrating would be just too much. (Also I don't mind the odd tatt or two but when your team starts resembling a typical Pentridge inmate ... it's a bad look.)
You left before the siren in the GF?

We were a kick down at the siren! How did you know how much time was left?
Beat me to it.

Must have desperately wanted to get somewhere if you leave a one kick game.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

My nightmare is to have to endure all the publicity of Malthouse as one of the greatest coaches of all time and all that crap. If we have Tony Abbott as PM and Collingwood as premiers in the one year New Zealand is starting to look good. Go the all blacks or what ever they're called.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:My nightmare is to have to endure all the publicity of Malthouse as one of the greatest coaches of all time and all that crap. If we have Tony Abbott as PM and Collingwood as premiers in the one year New Zealand is starting to look good. Go the all blacks or what ever they're called.
Abbott AND Pies in one post.

Mods!!!!! BAN THIS GRINGO MUPPET!!!!!!!

8-)

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

the only thing i can think of better then milney kicking the winning goal is watching Ball getting taken off early in to the second half.. and then Milney kicking the winning goal.

ok, i have a slight issue letting things go :lol:

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
older saint
SS Life Member

Leave early and miss the following:

"Scores level on the half forward line it's grabbed by Blake ..its a its a its a point StKilda in front by a point... I tipped this......

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Ban me for what? Mentioning the mad monk and the pies in one sentence? Didn't you have some pro abbott slogan running under your posts. Are you from the Libs dude?

By the way can I choose which muppet? I liked that Dr Teeth guy he was cool. You could be one of those old guys that sat up in the opera box passing out conservative view points and amusing no one but your selves.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Saints wrote:If the Pies win the flag I'm leaving the country.

Perfect scenario is Milney kicking the winner after the siren to put us up by a point. He then proceeds to run straight to Mick Malthouse and have a few gentle words to him.
It be better if that goal by Milney after the siren was similar to the Kerry Goog goal in that night gf all those years ago. We get the ball in the centre, the siren goes, ump is deaf, play goes on, ball to milney, snaps, ball is touched but goes through goals, but still called a goal.
We win by a point

I love this club
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:

It be better if that goal by Milney after the siren was similar to the Kerry Goog goal in that night gf all those years ago. We get the ball in the centre, the siren goes, ump is deaf, play goes on, ball to milney, snaps, ball is touched but goes through goals, but still called a goal.
We win by a point
Freo at Aurora doesn't ring a bell?

Bring back the Lockett era
gringo
Saintsational Legend

If the Freo situation happened with the pies, the AFL would have turned the result before anyone left the ground. If the pies lose by a point they will probably challenge the relevance of time on in AFL, meaning that scores at the point of the game that they were leading stand only.

PLUGGER14
Club Player

older saint wrote:Leave early and miss the following:

"Scores level on the half forward line it's grabbed by Blake ..its a its a its a point StKilda in front by a point... I tipped this......
:)

35...LEGEND
Club Player

I'd rather take repeated blow's to the Nad's than lose to that Fiilth in a GF.

Feel ill just thinking about it.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:

We win by a point
Was it Steven Baker who kicked the point that day? When the league changed the result of the game due to public opinion.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

gringo wrote:If the Freo situation happened with the pies, the AFL would have turned the result before anyone left the ground. If the pies lose by a point they will probably challenge the relevance of time on in AFL, meaning that scores at the point of the game that they were leading stand only.
Now this i can handle..........

If by some freak of nature we don't take the Choccies this would make me a bit happier.

Not sure Eddie though, that Fat melon of his would explode for sure. :D

35...LEGEND
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
jonesy wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:

We win by a point
Was it Steven Baker who kicked the point that day? When the league changed the result of the game due to public opinion.
Yep..........................is there no end to it all..