I Knew It!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I Knew It!!!

Junk time in the AFL for a top 4 team!! All week I knew we would lose because what was there to gain???? Really?? Exactly what?? Momentum?? Nah...junk time! I hope everyone is keeping it in perspective! ;)

Congratulations on 12th spot or whatever you are Adelaide! :lol:
Last edited by St. Luke on Sat 28 Aug 2010 7:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Adelaide beat geelong.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote:Adelaide beat geelong.

Who cares?? :D Are they a threat to either team??

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Exactly.

Hughjarce
Club Player

Be afraid be very afraid on this form the Saints will be belted out in straight sets.

Can't believe the comments trying to justify this effort, it was insipid and reflective of a team that has no real confidence going into the finals.

Need a big turnaround to match the Cats next week. Kosi's 1 week of form quickly evaporated as he reverted back to a witches hat. We have some passengers going into the finals no guarantee Schneider will be back and with Fishers hammy playing up we have our problems.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
SaintSimmo
Club Player

Hughjarce wrote:Be afraid be very afraid on this form the Saints will be belted out in straight sets.

Can't believe the comments trying to justify this effort, it was insipid and reflective of a team that has no real confidence going into the finals.

Need a big turnaround to match the Cats next week. Kosi's 1 week of form quickly evaporated as he reverted back to a witches hat. We have some passengers going into the finals no guarantee Schneider will be back and with Fishers hammy playing up we have our problems.
I have started a document, copied your post and others and will post them again after we beat the cats next week.
You obviously didnt watch the cats game because the eagles were beating them for a half!

Sainter for life.
Buckets
SS Life Member

SaintSimmo wrote:
Hughjarce wrote:Be afraid be very afraid on this form the Saints will be belted out in straight sets.

I have started a document, copied your post and others and will post them again after we beat the cats next week.
You obviously didnt watch the cats game because the eagles were beating them for a half!
There is one difference between that game and ours...in the second half they lifted and won by 40 points. They DIDN'T want to lose.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Middo
Club Player

Buckets wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:

There is one difference between that game and ours...in the second half they lifted and won by 40 points. They DIDN'T want to lose.
Hope your about next week.....

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:

Against WC. At Kardinia. And WC are the worst side to take the field in a decade. But that, of course, is irrelevant when you're hell bent in wrist-slicing.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
battye
Saintsational Legend

Hughjarce wrote:Can't believe the comments trying to justify this effort, it was insipid and reflective of a team that has no real confidence going into the finals.
Absolutely correct, it was an insipid display.

But we are capable of much better, and in the coming weeks we will see how much last years Grand Final loss really hurt.

A few handy players to come back into the team too; Baker, Milne, Schnadzo to name a few.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Buckets
SS Life Member

Middo wrote:
Buckets wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:

Why? Is it so bad that i'm disappointed with the effort today? And the fact that there are some areas of concern?

I'm a huge saints fan. Wear my heart on my sleeve. Never like losing, never will. And especially hate losing to that inbred team from Adelaide!
I will scream my lungs out next week barracking the RWB against the cats. Doesn't mean I can't voice my concerns and disappointments at such a poor game today.

* 34 inside 50's
* 92 possessions per goal
*At one stage in that last quarter we had 10 scoring shots to 16

Yeah they may have been in self preservation mode but hell would have liked a better game than that. Especially having to hear that god awful club song...makes my skin crawl everytime.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
Middo wrote:
Buckets wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:

i'm with you mate....

Why? Is it so bad that i'm disappointed with the effort today? And the fact that there are some areas of concern?

I'm a huge saints fan. Wear my heart on my sleeve. Never like losing, never will. And especially hate losing to that inbred team from Adelaide!
I will scream my lungs out next week barracking the RWB against the cats. Doesn't mean I can't voice my concerns and disappointments at such a poor game today.

* 34 inside 50's
* 92 possessions per goal
*At one stage in that last quarter we had 10 scoring shots to 16

Yeah they may have been in self preservation mode but hell would have liked a better game than that. Especially having to hear that god awful club song...makes my skin crawl everytime.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

good news about the finals is we dont play essendon. for some reason they cant beat anyone in the comp accept us.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Buckets wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:

Against WC. At Kardinia. And WC are the worst side to take the field in a decade. But that, of course, is irrelevant when you're hell bent in wrist-slicing.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote: Especially having to hear that god awful club song...makes my skin crawl everytime.
I have it on good authority that you won't be hearing it again this year

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Buckets
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:
Buckets wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:

Oh yes and Adelaide are 1000% better. The only thing that kept the margin to 28 points was their poor kicking for goal. Could have been alot worse.
If we didnt want to take any injuries in to finals or not even care about the game why not rest half the team? Going in soft can mean that you cop more injuries than not.
Yes the team has upside, but hell that was a disappointing effort going into a very important finals campaign.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Buckets wrote:Yes the team has upside, but hell that was a disappointing effort going into a very important finals campaign.
I think we should dwell on it for a while.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Well I had a gut-feel all week we'd be a no-show, and I was right! I was glad the Pies snuffed out also, but in reality.... no difference there either! I bet they (and their fans) are real upset also! :lol:

Buckets
SS Life Member

vacuous space wrote:
Buckets wrote:Yes the team has upside, but hell that was a disappointing effort going into a very important finals campaign.
Give me a couple of days and i will be as optimistic and positive as anyone heading into friday nights or saturdays game!
Just hate losing and to the Crows of all teams!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:Well I had a gut-feel all week we'd be a no-show, and I was right! I was glad the Pies snuffed out also, but in reality.... no difference there either! I bet they (and their fans) are real upset also! :lol:
On that...Two weeks in a row of woeful Magpie inaccuracy...If that were my club, i'd worry.

Our 'problems' are effort related. I have faith in our ability to ramp up effort when heat is applied.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:

Well I hope the boys were shagged from sitting in the altitude hut all week, as their skill level and decision-making today were truly abysmal.

Giving the ball to the advantage of a team-mate was largely unkown.

The form of Peake however was a major plus today. He is much improved from what he was at the start of the year.

Ran and found space well...and ran to support team-mates very well as well. e was also one of the few in the team that mainly kicked and hanballed to the advantage of team-mates.

As for the others aprt from Lenny...handballs over heads...behind them...at their feat were the norm, rather than the exception.

Now Adelaide applied great pressure yes...but a lot of our players mentally just were not there.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....