AFL.... NOT happy !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

AFL.... NOT happy !!

After months of planning for a Collingwood v Geelong Grand Final up jumps umpire Matt Stevic and St Kilda to spoil the party. Bucket loads of money has been spent on early promotion and now all they can hope for is for these two teams to meet in a prelim (at best). This scenario now has the potential to eat into the excessive bonuses that the AFL executives award themselves. The AFL won't be a happy place on Monday.

Who is going to incur the wrath of City Hall for this? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: AFL.... NOT happy !!

Eastern wrote:After months of planning for a Collingwood v Geelong Grand Final up jumps umpire Matt Stevic and St Kilda to spoil the party. Bucket loads of money has been spent on early promotion and now all they can hope for is for these two teams to meet in a prelim (at best). This scenario now has the potential to eat into the excessive bonuses that the AFL executives award themselves. The AFL won't be a happy place on Monday.

Baker :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
markinUSA
SS Life Member

Steven Baker, 9 weeks.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
ttufc7
Club Player

Re: AFL.... NOT happy !!

bobmurray wrote:
Eastern wrote:After months of planning for a Collingwood v Geelong Grand Final up jumps umpire Matt Stevic and St Kilda to spoil the party. Bucket loads of money has been spent on early promotion and now all they can hope for is for these two teams to meet in a prelim (at best). This scenario now has the potential to eat into the excessive bonuses that the AFL executives award themselves. The AFL won't be a happy place on Monday.

Baker :lol:
Gold! :D

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Tend to disagree with you Eastern, as it now sets up a sold out Prelim Final, which can generate masses of extra revenue over and above a Saints/Pies Prelim (I reckon an extra 5K in the crowd).

A Saints/Pies, or Cats/Saints granny - either or - is also a great result for the AFL as far as corporate sales and TV ratings are concerned.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Q5
Club Player

Agree saintspremiers - know a senior person in 'City Hall' who has been saying would love a saints/pies GF. But also agree probably because of revenue and ratings!!!

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Regardless of the results, the Saints/Cats games have been cracker games the last 2 seasons, so I don't think anyone would be unhappy with that.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

would honestly prefer sydney out of the finals all together, theres just to much emotion in a prelim for them 'Roos' last game, and Captain Kirk's last game
they could easily get up and play alot better just on that fact.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Ralphy wrote:would honestly prefer sydney out of the finals all together, theres just to much emotion in a prelim for them 'Roos' last game, and Captain Kirk's last game
may get your wish

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Ralphy wrote:would honestly prefer sydney out of the finals all together, theres just to much emotion in a prelim for them 'Roos' last game, and Captain Kirk's last game
may get your wish[/quote
hopefully.... i like kirk though

Griggsy
SS Life Member

How can those 2 teams make more money in a GF. The game should be a sell out either way and any true footy fan would be watching on TV. I bet all they want is the pies there so their membership tally goes through the roof.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

As much as people want to think everyone hates us the ideal match up with this years finalists apart from Freo which isnt going to happen is Saints Pies but the few who think the world is against just cant see common sense.

linz
Club Player

I don't get it sorry. We've got 40000 members excluding animals and we will fill the house. What's the problem?

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.