Leigh Tudor Leaving?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Leigh Tudor Leaving?

Was this common knowledge? Have I been living in a bubble?
Or is this the first we have heard about it?
Looks like he is going to Sydney.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/m ... 5915049004

"But it seems Gold Coast has missed out on highly rated St Kilda assistant coach Leigh Tudor.

Gold Coast had sought Tudor, but he has been linked to Sydney as a senior assistant to John Longmire.

Tudor and Longmire played together at North Melbourne."

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
saintly
Saintsational Legend

he is out of contract. and lots of clubs would want him.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Ross OTC said last night that Tudor was in strong demand (when he was talking about all of our assistants).

He also stated that Tudor lives in Essendon and that the Saints are moving to Seaford....with the implication that that was not acceptable to Tudor.

So yes it sounds like we will have a lot of new assistants working for Ross in 2011.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:Ross OTC said last night that Tudor was in strong demand (when he was talking about all of our assistants).

He also stated that Tudor lives in Essendon and that the Saints are moving to Seaford....with the implication that that was not acceptable to Tudor.

So yes it sounds like we will have a lot of new assistants working for Ross in 2011.
Sydney is a lot further away than Seaford though.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I actually smiled at the 'lives in essendon' part

subtle or conspiracy..

was also intersting to hear Ross say SOS had only stayed or was even only doing the job almost as a favour to Ross- but certainly due to his friendship... so much for Ross pushing his assistants too hard..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Looks like Leigh Tudor is "Gawn". Has been very good for our club, so Thanks for that.

I would look closely at Alan Richardson if he misses the Big Gig at Essendon or the bloke at Collingwood who's name escapes me who is about to be leap-frogged by Buckley !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

No disrespect, but assistants are pretty overrated. They are simply the delegates of the big chief. It's little surprise that the come and go like rain...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

John Blakey is another name that might crop up. Simon Goodwin has already been linked to the saints !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Eastern wrote:John Blakey is another name that might crop up. Simon Goodwin has already been linked to the saints !!
Goodwin would be a good pick up IMO.

What about Max? No harm getting some inside knowledge on the filth. He may still be a little green though......

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:

Sydney is a lot further away than Seaford though.
True..but the Swans probably will through in a house and other relocation costs.

...and maybe Tudor and or his wife like the idea of a few years in Sydney vs a few years in Frankston....

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Would he be senior coach material yet, he has done a pretty impressive apprenticeship?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Ross OTC said last night that Tudor was in strong demand (when he was talking about all of our assistants).

Ross Lyon said "Seaford and the challenge that this presents" or something along those lines, making reference to Tudor living in Essendon insinuating that he didn't want to commute to Seaford all the time!

I said this would happen that eventually we will become a less attractive proposition because of the location when compared to clubs like Collingwood with inner city locations and already this has happened before we've even moved there!

It will affect recruiting in the future when we are going head to head with a Collingwood for example in trying to secure a top player, coach, assistant etc... to our club!

If you think that this is not the case, then you have your head in the sand!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

Ross Lyon said "Seaford and the challenge that this presents" or something along those lines, making reference to Tudor living in Essendon insinuating that he didn't want to commute to Seaford all the time!

I said this would happen that eventually we will become a less attractive proposition because of the location when compared to clubs like Collingwood with inner city locations and already this has happened before we've even moved there!

It will affect recruiting in the future when we are going head to head with a Collingwood for example in trying to secure a top player, coach, assistant etc... to our club!

Well I have rocks in my head Barks, Tudor is looking likely to move state which is an awfully long way from Essendon?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

Well I have rocks in my head Barks, Tudor is looking likely to move state which is an awfully long way from Essendon?

Obviously you didn't hear what Ross Lyon said!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

Well call me Sand Head then Barks :wink:

There may well be something in what you say but I don't think it's anywhere near as dire as you suggest.

One only has to look at Hawthorn who have had no trouble attracting recruits (Burgoyne, Gibson etc) or holding onto their elite players. A lot of blokes on their list would be young, trendy, inner city yuppy types however they don't seem to mind travelling to the far reaches of West Mulgrave. That surely can't be anymore appealing than a drive to Seaford.

No one is saying the players have to live in Seaford. The reality is that many people travel great distances to their place of employment. And AFL players are probably in a better position to do that than most "normal" people.

The key to recruiting and retaining players and staff is to have a successful club with a great culture.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Just how far is the drive to Seaford from Essendon anyway, he is a bit spoilt if that drive is considered to far, I'd say the average person commutes that kind of distance to work every day... :wink:

saintlee
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:

Think most coaches and players would prefer to go to state of the art facilities in Seaford, then a 3rd world facility like Moorabbin.

The players and coaches will get used to the trip after a few weeks, its a total non-issue for most I would think

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:I actually smiled at the 'lives in essendon' part

subtle or conspiracy..

Yes could well be the next Dons Coach, or high on their list to target.

In which case Essendon Interviews will start post GF.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Just how far is the drive to Seaford from Essendon anyway, he is a bit spoilt if that drive is considered to far, I'd say the average person commutes that kind of distance to work every day... :wink:
In Sydney maybe where 2/3 hour commutes abound.

But in Victoria Essendon to Seaford is a hell of a long way....

marksnsparks
Club Player

I say bring back Banger.

Our little trojan horse has worked a treat, helping Carlton reach mid table mediocrity.

You work is done! Come home son!

GoTheTorp
Club Player

marksnsparks wrote:I say bring back Banger.

Our little trojan horse has worked a treat, helping Carlton reach mid table mediocrity.

You work is done! Come home son!
I was just talking to amate about this, i agree time to come home.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:
SainterK wrote:Just how far is the drive to Seaford from Essendon anyway, he is a bit spoilt if that drive is considered to far, I'd say the average person commutes that kind of distance to work every day... :wink:
In Sydney maybe where 2/3 hour commutes abound.

But in Victoria Essendon to Seaford is a hell of a long way....
Takes about an hour now with Citylink & Eastlink.

Legendary
Club Player

Geelong don't have any problem attracting quality assistant coaches.

Further away than Seaford.

Tudor has done his "2 years" at the Saints, and has senior coaching amibitions himself. Will see it as a good career move. He's been great for us, doesn't owe us anything.

I reckon we will see Banger back at the club in an assistant role, and we might get Elshaug back too in some capacity.

Word about Goodwin is fairly strong too.

"Saints assistants" are now in demand at other clubs.

Take it as a compliment.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

you can get to seaford fro essendon a hell of a lot quicker than from the nth shore to the city in sin city ffs.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote: Takes about an hour now with Citylink & Eastlink.
You get to drive off-peak.