No changes this week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

On the Ball
Club Player

No changes this week

Gotta love the stability!

battye
Saintsational Legend

Have the teams been announced?

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: No changes this week

On the Ball wrote:Gotta love the stability!
As announced on????????????

Wonder if Bakes in an emergency though :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Liam_G
Club Player

Yep, Bakes named as Emergency

Richter
SS Life Member

AFL website

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

ST KILDA v WESTERN BULLDOGS
St Kilda
B: Jason Gram, Zac Dawson, Sam Gilbert
HB: Jason Blake, Sam Fisher, Robert Eddy
C: Brendon Goddard, Nick Dal Santo, Farren Ray
HF: Brett Peake, Justin Koschitzke, Leigh Montagna
F: Adam Schneider, Nick Riewoldt, Stephen Milne
Foll: Michael Gardiner, Lenny Hayes, Clinton Jones
I/C: Ben McEvoy, Sean Dempster, Andrew McQualter, James Gwilt
Emg: Steven Baker, Jarryn Geary, Jack Steven

No change

Western Bulldogs
B: Jarrod Harbrow, Brian Lake, Tom Williams
HB: Robert Murphy, Dale Morris, Ryan Hargrave
C: Nathan Eagleton, Matthew Boyd, Ryan Griffen
HF: Lindsay Gilbee, Brad Johnson, Dylan Addison
F: Daniel Giansiracusa, Barry Hall, Jarrad Grant
Foll: Ben Hudson, Daniel Cross, Liam Picken
I/C: Andrew Hooper, Will Minson, Callan Ward, Easton Wood
Emg: Mitch Hahn, Josh Hill, Andrejs Everitt

In: Morris
Out: Mitch Hahn
Last edited by Richter on Thu 16 Sep 2010 6:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
matrix
Saintsational Legend

ST KILDA v WESTERN BULLDOGS
St Kilda
B: Jason Gram, Zac Dawson, Sam Gilbert
HB: Jason Blake, Sam Fisher, Robert Eddy
C: Brendon Goddard, Nick Dal Santo, Farren Ray
HF: Brett Peake, Justin Koschitzke, Leigh Montagna
F: Adam Schneider, Nick Riewoldt, Stephen Milne
Foll: Michael Gardiner, Lenny Hayes, Clinton Jones
I/C: Ben McEvoy, Sean Dempster, Andrew McQualter, James Gwilt

well thats whats on afl.com

baker emergency

someone start a 'team for this week' thread
and go here
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:AFL website

All smalls.

So that means that all our talls including Gadri are raring to go.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

if that isnt the EXACT same team from last week then someone start a thread or change this ones title
s'kay
i didnt see the 'no change' at the bottom of richters cnp
Last edited by matrix on Thu 16 Sep 2010 6:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Do people think we can win a flag with Robert Eddy in the team? THat's not meant as a slight (even though it sounds like one) You'd have to think though that he needs to do more if we are to win a flag. I'm genuinely surprised by this.

Schillaci
Club Player

Baker is the 2010 version of Max...only an injury will bring him in if we make the big one

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:Do people think we can win a flag with Robert Eddy in the team? THat's not meant as a slight (even though it sounds like one) You'd have to think though that he needs to do more if we are to win a flag. I'm genuinely surprised by this.
He will play on Harbrow. He has a role this week. Will he next week. Depends on who we play.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im actually stumped
i wouldve brought him in this week

no way on this earth he would not be putting in 100% and keep up if he was on the park this week

maybe a sneaky late change...hopefully

Moods
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Moods wrote:Do people think we can win a flag with Robert Eddy in the team? THat's not meant as a slight (even though it sounds like one) You'd have to think though that he needs to do more if we are to win a flag. I'm genuinely surprised by this.
He will play on Harbrow. He has a role this week. Will he next week. Depends on who we play.
Fair enough. I couldn't think of the role that he would play this week, but that seems logical enough. Just surprised that Bakes wasn't brought back in.

On another note - I'm surprised the doggies dropped Hahn. I know he's been in average form, but I would have thought the big bodies in finals is what the doggies need.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Fair enough. I couldn't think of the role that he would play this week, but that seems logical enough. Just surprised that Bakes wasn't brought back in.

On another note - I'm surprised the doggies dropped Hahn. I know he's been in average form, but I would have thought the big bodies in finals is what the doggies need.
I still reckon Morris maybe doubtful and Hahn will probably come back in. Have no idea to be honest just a hunch.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Nope: I can't possibly love a situation in which it seems that Baker will inevitably miss out on the PF and (if we make it) the GF in favour of Dempster and Eddy: both of whom (unlike Baker) are unreliable overhead and in disposing of the ball by foot when placed under extreme pressure.

We beat Geelong in the QF, but I expect Geelong to be back and they will be no easier to beat this year than last year. In a big game, Geelong are well nigh impossible to put away at any stage and, when they start rolling forward in waves, the guys down back are going to need to be perfect in everything they do or they will be blown away.

Ross's game plan is tremendous, but sometimes he seems to be overly confident in it. The 22 selected here includes at least 8 relatively mediocre players: Dawson, Ray, Eddy, Dempster, McQualter, Peake, Jones and Gwilt. All great blokes, hard workers and good players on their day (with Jones, Peake and Gwilt in particular having all come a long, long way under Ross's guidance), but - if Geelong had 8 of their top players missing - I still don't believe any of these guys would get a look in (even as emergencies).

I think that Baker, while no superstar, is a class above any of the eight players I've listed above. I think that deliberately going into possibly the two most important games the club has played in the past 44 years without him is a huge risk: a much bigger risk than playing Zac ahead of Max last year.

I hope I'm wrong (or else, that we get a last minute withdrawal and Baker gets a game: the position of Gwilt's name on the list is somewhat intriguing).

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

I expect a late change :D

Another opportunity awaits!
maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Moods wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I still reckon Morris maybe doubtful and Hahn will probably come back in. Have no idea to be honest just a hunch.
Me too I agree

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Dogs dropping Hahn, well there is one less potential goalkicker for them.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

looks like baker wont play then. Unless it pours down and we go shorter (blake out?).

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Hahn goes okay against us. I suspect they'll switcheroo late.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
matrix
Saintsational Legend

no way blakey will ever get dropped
unless he is sore

just what i reckon
he just seems to be very stable and experienced imo

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
Nope: I can't possibly love a situation in which it seems that Baker will inevitably miss out on the PF and (if we make it) the GF in favour of Dempster and Eddy: both of whom (unlike Baker) are unreliable overhead and in disposing of the ball by foot when placed under extreme pressure.

We beat Geelong in the QF, but I expect Geelong to be back and they will be no easier to beat this year than last year. In a big game, Geelong are well nigh impossible to put away at any stage and, when they start rolling forward in waves, the guys down back are going to need to be perfect in everything they do or they will be blown away.

Ross's game plan is tremendous, but sometimes he seems to be overly confident in it. The 22 selected here includes at least 8 relatively mediocre players: Dawson, Ray, Eddy, Dempster, McQualter, Peake, Jones and Gwilt. All great blokes, hard workers and good players on their day (with Jones, Peake and Gwilt in particular having all come a long, long way under Ross's guidance), but - if Geelong had 8 of their top players missing - I still don't believe any of these guys would get a look in (even as emergencies).

I think that Baker, while no superstar, is a class above any of the eight players I've listed above. I think that deliberately going into possibly the two most important games the club has played in the past 44 years without him is a huge risk: a much bigger risk than playing Zac ahead of Max last year.

I hope I'm wrong (or else, that we get a last minute withdrawal and Baker gets a game: the position of Gwilt's name on the list is somewhat intriguing).
Hope? You are! The greatest athlete playing the game in Riewoldt took a month to find post injury feet. Baker won't play again this year. No way known.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

My thoughts too Solar, mind you Baker's usual opponent from the Dogs was forced into retirement a few weeks ago.
The only other possible guy he could match up om would be Johnson.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
StPeter
Club Player

I am still stumped how Eddy can be selected ahead of any of the emergencies and Armitage as well. Mini also fortunate in my opinion.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

pretty f***** strong side.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....