Ticketing

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

Ticketing

I have the same gripe every year but here goes again.

We rush to get tickets and have this fear of missing out, but it really does pay to wait sometimes.

I left it till Wednesday to get Premium tickets and could only get M8 - M6, and final took the plunge and took M7 Row J. OK, but not brilliant and nothing better was coming up.

I just tried again to see what was available and was offered N11 Row E. Tried again and got N11 Row J.

Meanwhile, members who got in early on Monday were getting seats way up the back in M33. There's something not right about this.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Agree. As of last night they were offering level N in the AFL MEMBERS. Within 1/2 an hour of tix going on sale they said that the allocation had been exhausted. It's crap!

I get a sneaking suspicion that there are literally tons of tix still available, and that those of us who are keen have been duped into buying whatever they want us to.

samwell
Club Player

yep this seems to be the way it works these days..... the people who get in early are usually going to the game no matter what seat they get - so they get offered the ordinary seats at the start of the week...

whereas someone who is 50/50 about going and jumps on the day of the game might just stay home if they were only offered seats right up the back - so they seem to hold over better seats for this reason

not fair to the fans but all about the $$ - hardly a surprise from the AFL!!!!!

Q5
Club Player

It's a marketing ploy - when seats aren't selling they will usually advertise to say 'hurry, not many left' or 'selling fast' so that people think if they don't get in now, they'll miss out, when in actual fact, sales are sluggish. In this case, you are right in that the members will probably go regardless and get treated like chumps! :x

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

A good friend was able to offer me a spare social club membership so I could tag along with him this weekend. We brought our tickets ($125) on monday.. I think N31... I mentioned it in the other thread of where we are all sitting...

My dad just called me about an hour ago with 'fantastic' news that he has scored several corporate tickets for free. Taxi passes inclueded..

thanks Dad for costing me money!
sometimes the early bird does not catch the worm!

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

I got N31 row L at 9am on Monday. just behind the cheersquad. Does this disprove your theory?

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
devil saint
Club Player

redwhite&blackblood wrote:I got N31 row L at 9am on Monday. just behind the cheersquad. Does this disprove your theory?
I wouldn't have thought this disproves the poster's theory. You got behind the goals - not really coveted seats. He got offered tickets on the flank - much better!