Devastated for Gardi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Devastated for Gardi

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/t ... 5929408319
AS TEARS streamed down Danielle Gardiner's face, it was evident her husband's dream of playing in a winning Grand Final was over.

"He's not going to play next week," she said of his misfortune.
After all the effort to get back from the dark days at West Coast and his 07-08 injuries at St Kilda. Heartbreaking for him. Lost by 4 pts in 05, missed 06, 12 points last year, and now a draw where he won't be able to play the replay.

I hope he plays on next year, because if we win the flag on Saturday, in 2011 we will be doing it for Gardi.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
markinUSA
SS Life Member

Poor fella. I too feel sorry for him, but thank him for giving his all. He should be proud of everything he's done with, and for, the Saints. Really re-established himself.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Just another piece of incentive to add to the fire that burns within this group.

Do it for Gardi, Saints!

roxanne
Club Player

The players that played in both Grand Finals should get a premiership medal, it's only fair. I am shattered for him and hope he knows how much he means to us and what a great job he's done for the mighty Saints.

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

roxanne wrote:The players that played in both Grand Finals should get a premiership medal, it's only fair. I am shattered for him and hope he knows how much he means to us and what a great job he's done for the mighty Saints.
Agree. And while we have a replacement in Big Ben, the loss of Michael Gardiner will be significant. Experience in these games can never be over estimated. Not only that, he does know where to run to when pushing forward. A big loss that hopefully won't cost us. But he should get a medal if we win.

sarah10

just herd dont know if true or not the afl has said that the players who played in grand final 1 but out of 2nd grand final will get a premiership medal if the club wins

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Heartbreaking for Gardi. Hope he plays on again next year.

There is always heartbreak for someone in a GF. Only positive is the Big Ben gets a shot.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
suss
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:
roxanne wrote:The players that played in both Grand Finals should get a premiership medal, it's only fair. I am shattered for him and hope he knows how much he means to us and what a great job he's done for the mighty Saints.
Agree. And while we have a replacement in Big Ben, the loss of Michael Gardiner will be significant. Experience in these games can never be over estimated. Not only that, he does know where to run to when pushing forward. A big loss that hopefully won't cost us. But he should get a medal if we win.
+1.

Totally agree. Whether it be pie or saint, every player who played a part in GF1 should be given a medal should their team win GF2.

I'd be shattered if Gardy missed out.

Middo
Club Player

suss wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
+1.

Totally agree. Whether it be pie or saint, every player who played a part in GF1 should be given a medal should their team win GF2.

Even Neon Leon ..? hmmmm !!

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

And a what fantastic contributor he has been for us, especially in the last two years.

A disgraced Eagle who redeemed his career as a Saint. He turned out to be a real bargain for us.

We have to take our hats off to him for his efforts.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
suss
Club Player

Middo wrote:
suss wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
+1.

Even Neon Leon ..? hmmmm !!
Yep, even Neon - should they win, which they won't. :wink:

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Feel so bad for Gardi, hope he goes around for 1 more year.
Actually think every player who played a senior game for the winning club should get a medallion.
Just like in the Olympic relays, all members who competed through the heats to the final, get a medal.
After all it is a team game, and every player who played the season helped get the club to a premiership.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saintDal
Club Player

The AFL have said they are considering giving medals to players who miss out on the replay match so there is a chance he could still get one.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 5929894178

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

he's taking it stoicly

All the Best Michael ( good luck with the Auction)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

You've given a lot to the Saints Gardy, but i think you went in injured last week and you were only looking after number one.

I could be wrong and have enjoyed your time with the Saints. Just find the talk of your imminent retirement very strange last week.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintDal wrote:The AFL have said they are considering giving medals to players who miss out on the replay match so there is a chance he could still get one.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 5929894178
They've already announced that they will give a medal to anybody from teh winning team who played in either of the 2 games.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

This bloke has given his all to get back on track at a personal level and then repay the debt/faith that the St Kilda Footy Club have shown in him! His actions have spoken volumes to many of the St Kilda faithful! He's worth his weight in gold! My son loves him! And who the hell could blame him?? I hope he plays in next year!! Because I for one haven't seen enough of hid brlliance!! Bring it on Gardy! Next year mate! ;)

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
LaUrEnCe
Club Player

Mcevoy will do him proud