Open Training & Post Match Function

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Open Training & Post Match Function

The Saints will hold an ''open'' training session for fans tomorrow at Moorabbin. Their best-and-fairest night, scheduled for Saturday night, will be merged with its post-grand final function.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/g ... 15sdn.html

The Peanut
Club Player

Has the club confirmed this?

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

No club hasnt confirmed as far as im aware. Just noticed it and thought people should know as it doesnt seem like the club is going to inform anyone on whats going anytime soon. You wouldnt think they would just write that theres an open training tomorrow for the fans if they didnt know.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

From the Saints page on Facebook

OPEN TRAINING: Tuesday 2pm at Linen House Oval, Moorabbin. Come along and cheer on the boys as they prepare for the Grand Final rematch!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:No club hasnt confirmed as far as im aware. Just noticed it and thought people should know as it doesnt seem like the club is going to inform anyone on whats going anytime soon. You wouldnt think they would just write that theres an open training tomorrow for the fans if they didnt know.
The club have many thing to organise and need to make sure their plans are firm before advertising--

half known plans get spread far and wide -

and then people complain that they don't tell us truth.
something do still take time.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

saintbrat wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:No club hasnt confirmed as far as im aware. Just noticed it and thought people should know as it doesnt seem like the club is going to inform anyone on whats going anytime soon. You wouldnt think they would just write that theres an open training tomorrow for the fans if they didnt know.
The club have many thing to organise and need to make sure their plans are firm before advertising--

Thats fair enough but last week they announced and had training plans within 1 day of the prelim. But its more the fact noone knows whats going on with the B&F thats frustrating. People dont know if its still going ahead or not. If its not then people will have to cancel accommodation, or if it is going then they have to arrange things if they are coming from the country or wherever. They could at least come out and say we will have answers to all these on Monday or Tuesday, then it would stop people guessing.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

Thats fair enough but last week they announced and had training plans within 1 day of the prelim. But its more the fact noone knows whats going on with the B&F thats frustrating. People dont know if its still going ahead or not. If its not then people will have to cancel accommodation, or if it is going then they have to arrange things if they are coming from the country or wherever. They could at least come out and say we will have answers to all these on Monday or Tuesday, then it would stop people guessing.
it is NOT as simple this week- as venues and other organisations had alternate bookings

ie the Portable loos were removed from Moorbbin yesteday becasue they had another booking- they would have needed to find another kenny
last weeks plans had a couple of previous maybe weeks to semi prepare for
the after match- venus are booked Months in advance..

with the post match two options appear to be open to competing teams- those would not now be available to other oragnisations- The saints are lucky to have their B & F already planned forSat
Cillingwood havd no optin but to cancel - theirs was Friday...

now planning for DEc or Nov.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

If the B&F still goes ahead Saturday night, does that mean the rest of us miss out seeing them at Fed Sq that night IF we win ? I am guessing so

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Hi DSG
I am sure they are still working that out

how are you littlies- getting plenty of saints songs.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:If the B&F still goes ahead Saturday night, does that mean the rest of us miss out seeing them at Fed Sq that night IF we win ? I am guessing so
Fed Square is booked out I believe for another function so not sure where the teams will go after the GF. I would like it to be Moorabbin but can't see that happening if the BF remains at Docklands.

All will be unveiled by later today. We just need to have some patience. I think you will find the B&F will start later than the original scheduled start time of 6.30pm I believe.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Hi DSG
I am sure they are still working that out

how are you littlies- getting plenty of saints songs.
Kids are going well, my 3yr old knows the theme song (yes I am braining washing hardcore) Everytime she see's the St Kilda logo, she points and yells SAINTS.. followed by I love saints mummy, I want saint cuddles...

Oh its so cute

My 5 month old has no idea yet but its my plan to brain wash him as well. My hubby thinks our daughter can be St Kilda and our son will be Carlton.... Umm I have the upper hand here, my 3yr daughter is brain washed already and I can use her to help me with my son :)

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

stkildathunda wrote:
I'll go out on a limb and say that the plans post preliminary final weren't completely off the cuff. They may have had some idea there was another week of footy coming.

They will have answers when they have them. People trying to make plans will be best served waiting for the club rather than acting the basis of a magic 8-ball.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

How about they open up Ethihad Stadium if fed Square is unavailable and then we have a guard of honour for them as they cross the road to the function room.