SEAFORD CENTRE ??? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

SEAFORD CENTRE ??? !!

When are we due to move in? I thought we were to move in before pre-season training starts. Well pre-season would be starting some time this month for rookies and those not training with the seniors through the finals. Also, you would think that admin would be well & truly settled in before the players & coaches start working there.

Is there going to be a GRAND OPENING? Is there going to be any anouncement?

Anyone? Anything? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

oneteam
Club Player

Re: SEAFORD CENTRE ??? !!

Eastern wrote:When are we due to move in? I thought we were to move in before pre-season training starts. Well pre-season would be starting some time this month for rookies and those not training with the seniors through the finals. Also, you would think that admin would be well & truly settled in before the players & coaches start working there.

Is there going to be a GRAND OPENING? Is there going to be any anouncement?

Anyone? Anything? !!
westaway said it would be topen after the players come back from xmas. i would like to hear about any grand opening, but until they have a definite date, they wouldn't want to announce a dtae - you know how building can be.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Nov 17th or 19th was noted as date of occupancy being granted....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
VietNam_Saint
Club Player

After the family day I dropped into see a cousin today who lives out at Seaford.

He took me around the corner to see Belvedere.

They are putting in better access ways to it but surely someone is having a lend here. Location location location ,, wrong wrong wrong ,,, the ground we looked at needs a lot of work before i want my team to run on it .

So far ,, i am not impressed with it ,, hardly a lexus centre is it.

What will be next from this club ?
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

f*** f*** f***!

Another opportunity awaits!
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

VietNam_Saint wrote:After the family day I dropped into see a cousin today who lives out at Seaford.

They are putting in better access ways to it but surely someone is having a lend here. Location location location ,, wrong wrong wrong ,,, the ground we looked at needs a lot of work before i want my team to run on it .

Yeah I tend to agree about the ground, I was there a couple of weeks ago and the first thing I thought was, the ground is in shocking condition. They surely can not expect the players to train on that.

I am only about 15 minute drive from seaford, I will take a drive down there in the next couple of days and get some pictures so you can all see.

The ground looks shocking, its a real worry because that is not going to be ready to train on I wouldn't think for pre season, not a chance in hell.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:
VietNam_Saint wrote:After the family day I dropped into see a cousin today who lives out at Seaford.

Yeah I tend to agree about the ground, I was there a couple of weeks ago and the first thing I thought was, the ground is in shocking condition. They surely can not expect the players to train on that.

I am only about 15 minute drive from seaford, I will take a drive down there in the next couple of days and get some pictures so you can all see.

The ground looks shocking, its a real worry because that is not going to be ready to train on I wouldn't think for pre season, not a chance in hell.
I don't understand. Haven't they laid out roll on turf there?

Farken Archie Fraser couldn't suck it in. We should have had Moorabbin redeveloped.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

I remember reading on here that of all the new facilities in the AFL, ours is the cheapest.

Is this true?

In any case, it can't be worse than Moorabbin.

Major part of our history - for sure - but it's embarrassing that an AFL club is still based at a dump like that.

Difficult for players/staff to believe they're at an elite AFL club when they spend their days there.

Miserable history in that place. Time for a fresh start.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:

I don't understand. Haven't they laid out roll on turf there?

Farken Archie Fraser couldn't suck it in. We should have had Moorabbin redeveloped.
Gees I tell you if they have its not in a good way and I am not joking it is in a shocking state for an elite team to train on. I couldn't believe how bad it looked, especially around one of the goal ends.
It makes the etihad stadium surface look like a bowling green.

If they are going to dig it up and re-lay they are leaving it pretty damn late. I have to head out tomorrow, I will try and get down there to take some photos.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Seems like the Saints love to settle for 2nd best.

Unbelievable!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Seaford will turn into a disaster, it's a total mistake and I've made my thoughts on this very clear already so I won't bang on about it!

Another big reason why I'm so gutted about this years missed opportunity!

Even Ross Lyon said recently" Seaford presents a challenge" in amongst explaining the reasons for the possible departure of Leigh Tudor!

Why should the location of our training facility be yet another achilles heel for us to bare?

Why do we keep shooting ourselves in the foot?

It's all so sub standard, below par, second rate etc...etc...!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:I remember reading on here that of all the new facilities in the AFL, ours is the cheapest.

Is this true?

In any case, it can't be worse than Moorabbin.

Major part of our history - for sure - but it's embarrassing that an AFL club is still based at a dump like that.

Difficult for players/staff to believe they're at an elite AFL club when they spend their days there.

Miserable history in that place. Time for a fresh start.

It's cheap as it is a new build, not a refit.
Breeze blocks don't cost much.

We can't get in there soon enough IMO.

The fact that we made two flags in a row training in a condemned facility is astounding. Imagine what our recovery was like last week compared to the filth @ Lexus.....

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:Seaford will turn into a disaster, it's a total mistake and I've made my thoughts on this very clear already so I won't bang on about it!

Even Ross Lyon said recently" Seaford presents a challenge" in amongst explaining the reasons for the possible departure of Leigh Tudor!

Why should the location of our training facility be yet another achilles heel for us to bare?

you are an idiot.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Seaford will turn into a disaster, it's a total mistake and I've made my thoughts on this very clear already so I won't bang on about it!

You wont bang on about something. Now that is truely funny.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

You wont bang on about something. Now that is truely funny.
Trevor Barker LIVES!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:

you are an idiot.
why is he an idiot? hes spot on. massive error. was archie fraser on the pay-roll of some local developer? its not frankston. its not seaford. its a paddock out near eastlink. its not even near the beach. there must be 100's of reserves and ovals in the sth east corridor between the city and frankston and this is where they landed? wasnt it meant to be frankston beach oval? then at the 59th minute there was a change to belvedere? we looked at about 3 venues out of hundreds. i could have done a much better job. how much money was that goose fraser getting and why did anyone agree to this madness. its dead set insanity. lunacy. illogical. irrational. impractical and terrible for staff and players. and is crap for our brand. st kilda is the most iconic suburb in melbourne. now we are so far from st kilda its lost its connection and brand.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:

you are an idiot.
why is he an idiot? hes spot on. massive error. was archie fraser on the pay-roll of some local developer? its not frankston. its not seaford. its a paddock out near eastlink. Cthere must be 100's of reserves and ovals in the sth east corridor between the city and frankston and this is where they landed? wasnt it meant to be frankston beach oval? then at the 59th minute there was a change to belvedere? we looked at about 3 venues out of hundreds. i could have done a much better job. how much money was that goose fraser getting and why did anyone agree to this madness. its dead set insanity. lunacy. illogical. irrational. impractical and terrible for staff and players. and is crap for our brand. st kilda is the most iconic suburb in melbourne. now we are so far from st kilda its lost its connection and brand.
I sense you don't like it Con (I’m quite intuitive like that :wink: )

Fair enough; that's your opinion.

What I don't get is your comment that "its not even near the beach". It’s an AFL training venue, not a film set for Baywatch!

I’m not sure why you’d want our players to have to do battle with the speedo set just to get a car park. And why would you want our blokes to be tripping over sand castles, standing on syringes and being crashed into by boogie boards? :?

After all, there is a reason why this new place has a dirty big swimming pool :idea:

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:What I don't get is your comment that "its not even near the beach". It’s an AFL training venue, not a film set for Baywatch!

I’m not sure why you’d want our players to have to do battle with the speedo set just to get a car park. And why would you want our blokes to be tripping over sand castles, standing on syringes and being crashed into by boogie boards? :?

After all, there is a reason why this new place has a dirty big swimming pool :idea:
don't forget the stingrays -- crikey! those things are fatal.

krabb
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
why is he an idiot? hes spot on. massive error. was archie fraser on the pay-roll of some local developer? its not frankston. its not seaford. its a paddock out near eastlink. its not even near the beach. there must be 100's of reserves and ovals in the sth east corridor between the city and frankston and this is where they landed? wasnt it meant to be frankston beach oval? then at the 59th minute there was a change to belvedere? we looked at about 3 venues out of hundreds. i could have done a much better job. how much money was that goose fraser getting and why did anyone agree to this madness. its dead set insanity. lunacy. illogical. irrational. impractical and terrible for staff and players. and is crap for our brand. st kilda is the most iconic suburb in melbourne. now we are so far from st kilda its lost its connection and brand.
I went and had a look at the weekend...

Very unimpressive IMO...

Very very ordinary.

They will need 20metre high electric fences to keep out the grafitti heroes...and 24/7 security guards if they want to survive.

It should've been built at Moorabbin...and nothing should've stopped that happening.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

dont disagree with the fence theory however, there is a thing these days called video surveillance and primary alarm response.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
I sense you don't like it Con (I’m quite intuitive like that :wink: )

Fair enough; that's your opinion.

What I don't get is your comment that "its not even near the beach". It’s an AFL training venue, not a film set for Baywatch!

thats gold. i genuinely laughed out loud with the baywatch comment.
beach is good for recovery sessions and more importantly strutting and great for picture shoots. training should be hard and fun. its not some eastern european boot camp from the 70s.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:dont disagree with the fence theory however, there is a thing these days called video surveillance and primary alarm response.
oh. great. that makes me feel better. great for morale for the players.

"hey guys dont worry you have the crappest facilities in the afl on a paddock next to a financially struggling PPP toll road - just be rest assured we have video surveillance these days!"

awesome!

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Con Gorozidis wrote:beach is good for recovery sessions and more importantly strutting and great for picture shoots.
All we would need after that is Warwick Capper as our posing coach.

Bugger winning games, as long as we look good in speedos.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

sooooo...
crap venue
crappy looking ground (not far out from commencing training)
crappy area

things are looking ok then?

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:dont disagree with the fence theory however, there is a thing these days called video surveillance and primary alarm response.
oh. great. that makes me feel better. great for morale for the players.

"hey guys dont worry you have the crappest facilities in the afl on a paddock next to a financially struggling PPP toll road - just be rest assured we have video surveillance these days!"

awesome!
video surveillance and primary response are you'll find the norm.