2011 Player sponsorship

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

2011 Player sponsorship

Apologies if this is still mixed up in another thread somewhere, but as it’s an important part of what SS is about, I thought it deserved its own thread.

It appears that Mr Magic has declined to take part in the organization of the Player sponsorship for 2011. For those who arent aware. The reason for this was the totally unprovoked, bigoted and ludicrous attack on Mr Magic's integrity by poster Chicago Saint

Mr Magic has modestly said that there are good people within SS who can take over the role. While this is no doubt true and with no disrespect to anyone else on the Forum, I doubt that anyone could do it with the friendliness, communication skills, transparency, integrity and contacts that Mr Magic brought to the role. The whole process was as smooth as silk from start to finish and I’m sure we looked very organised in the eyes of the Club. His integrity was no better demonstrated than his decision to step down, even with the accusations against him being so trivial and the bigoted way Chicago Saint treated him

With this in mind, I respectfully ask two things

1. That Mr Magic reconsiders his decision to relinquish his role

2. That Chicago Saint is permanently banned on 2 grounds. One for his bigoted attack on Mr Magic, and two for now being proven as the latest incarnation in a long line of banned poster names. It would also be a great show of support for Mr Magic, whose work with the Player Sponsorship over the last few years has been nothing short of magnificent. Chicago Saint aka Pilgrim aka OneGram has done nothing except make a complete nuisance of himself until his inevitable banning, at which time he just assumes another nick / IP address and just keeps on posting, thumbing his nose at the ban

Please post to show your support for Mr Magic!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SaintDebi
Club Player

Last year was the first time I've been involved in player sponsorship.
I really admire all the hard work MM put into it all, and can't fault the way he pulled it all together.
He has done a great job with the sponsorship and as far as I can see has always conducted himself with integrity on this forum.
I wasn't aware he had decided to stand down from this role and was sad to hear it.
I would like to thank MM for his hard work, offer my support in whatever he decides to do, but mostly to ask him to please reconsider his position.

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic has 100% support from me. I'm not sure that everyone fully understands or appreciates the time & effort that he has put into this project over the past few years. I certainly do

MM, if you read this please understand that your efforts are well & truly appreciated by this poster. Please re-consider because this forum and everything it stands for is all the richer for your efforts !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

battye
Saintsational Legend

I agree with Eastern, whatever Mr Magic chooses to do now has my support too. I think it goes without saying that he has put a tremendous amount of work into the sponsorship and the forum hosting over the past couple of years, and it has not gone un-noticed. Thanks Mr Magic :)

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

I am proud to have been a player sponsor through Saintsational and somehow doubt this sponsorship will continue without Mr Magic driving the bus.

If you don't continue MM, it has been a pleasure doing business with you.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
shmic_s
Club Player

I got involved with the player sponsorship last year. And it was a positive experience.

I was extremely happy with how the whole thing was run.
He has my support.

Either way i'm hoping to participate again this coming year.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

of course he has my support......only male on here that i would trust with my money too....i won't be giving it to anyone else.....for me it's mm......or no contribution from me......

...have to agree with wobbleboy on this one.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

When I see this....

I think sponsorship guy, it's just how it is.

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

Mr Magic,

Being a first time participant in the sponsorship scheme this year was a truly awesome experience. Both the excitement of knowing I was a chance to attend one of the clubs events and the knowledge that I was contributing to the club in a way that as an individual I would normally not be able to is something that I really enjoyed.

Whilst I fully respect and understand your decision, I do hope you reconsider. It is good people like you who do these things for the good of the club and for the good of others that keep this world going and it is unfortunate that there are people out there who are more interested in causing trouble than working for the good of the Saints and Saintsational community.

As I said, I understand if you do not want to continue and I offer my thanks for your efforts.

Regards,
Ash

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Wholehearted support for the tremendous effort of MM.

Like BS, i doubt the sponsorship will go ahead.

We sponsored five of our young players and because of one foolish coward and bigot the club may well get penalised by these players not being sponsored.

A truly dissappointing outcome for the forum and the club in general.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
maverick
Saintsational Legend

If this helps him reconsider, I haven't signed up before, but plan on doing so for 2011...

I have only heard good things....

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:If this helps him reconsider, I haven't signed up before, but plan on doing so for 2011...

I have only heard good things....
+1

St Michele
Club Player

Re: 2011 Player sponsorship

saint66au wrote:Apologies if this is still mixed up in another thread somewhere, but as it’s an important part of what SS is about, I thought it deserved its own thread.

It appears that Mr Magic has declined to take part in the organization of the Player sponsorship for 2011. For those who arent aware. The reason for this was the totally unprovoked, bigoted and ludicrous attack on Mr Magic's integrity by poster Chicago Saint

Mr Magic has modestly said that there are good people within SS who can take over the role. While this is no doubt true and with no disrespect to anyone else on the Forum, I doubt that anyone could do it with the friendliness, communication skills, transparency, integrity and contacts that Mr Magic brought to the role. The whole process was as smooth as silk from start to finish and I’m sure we looked very organised in the eyes of the Club. His integrity was no better demonstrated than his decision to step down, even with the accusations against him being so trivial and the bigoted way Chicago Saint treated him

With this in mind, I respectfully ask two things

1. That Mr Magic reconsiders his decision to relinquish his role

2. That Chicago Saint is permanently banned on 2 grounds. One for his bigoted attack on Mr Magic, and two for now being proven as the latest incarnation in a long line of banned poster names. It would also be a great show of support for Mr Magic, whose work with the Player Sponsorship over the last few years has been nothing short of magnificent. Chicago Saint aka Pilgrim aka OneGram has done nothing except make a complete nuisance of himself until his inevitable banning, at which time he just assumes another nick / IP address and just keeps on posting, thumbing his nose at the ban

Please post to show your support for Mr Magic!

This is the first I have heard about this. Mr Magic has done an awesome job and anyone who says otherwise is seriously misguided.

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

its he's decision...and ill respect it no matter what it is

but

why let the troll win over stupid comments?

anyhoo
im in again no matter who does it.
sponsoring the young kids coming thru makes you feel part of it and a contributor to the club outside of your membership.

great work over the years MM
8-)

bigred
Saintsational Legend

wtf happened?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
St Lenny
Club Player

Its no fun being at the end of someones spiteful abuse, it happens to often on Saintsational and is not funny. A real shame this has happened. Could someone help MM, so that he can deal with the club side of things and someone else do the forum side of things. A compromise might work.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:Its no fun being at the end of someones spiteful abuse, it happens to often on Saintsational and is not funny. A real shame this has happened. Could someone help MM, so that he can deal with the club side of things and someone else do the forum side of things. A compromise might work.
the problem was not the work load- which MM handles with ease- too much sometimes-- and hassling posters for money is not his style - has more than once covered the short fall

it was the fact his integrity with the money that was called into question- over a very small amount- that he said he would no longer be involved.

and he felt it would hinder going forward with this SLUR on his name and the sponsorship.......

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

That is a real shame that MM was abused. I know he puts in time and effort to this and doers a great job. I have been lucky enough to win a matchday experience and enjoyed it thouroughly.

Unfortanatly there are people who do not appreciate the effort put in by ppl like mm, but they would not organise it themselves.

MM you do a great job

I love this club
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

AFAIAC, there is no-one I would trust more than MM on this forum.

I will be hesitant passing over my money to anyone else.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Maxstar22
Club Player

100% support from me too MM.

You have done a fantastic job and I really appreciate your efforts.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Yes, I was happy to send Mr Magic my money and looked forward to doing the same in the future.

100% trustworthy, credible, overall... good guy.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
zebraman
Club Player

I've been very happy to be involved the last 2 years and it will be very disappointing if MM doesn't take the reigns again next year..the fact there are 5 players sponsored to me indicates just how well MM ran the sponsorship.

I do hope that he reconsiders

backit
Club Player

Hats off to Mr Magic who has the integrity to stand by his convictions however it is us and the club that will now suffer because another person who is quick to jump on and off when it suits them questioning someone like Mr Magic.

I was a proud sponsor this year and won the match day experience and look forward to supporting the players and club again next year with Mr magic driving the bus.

markp
Saintsational Legend

I think he'll be busy and therefore away from here for the next few days, but I hope he reconsiders when he returns.

He's a man who places a very high value on integrity.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

May I add my agreement with the sentiments of this thread to it? AFAIAC Mr Magic has done a fantastic job organising the sponsorship, and I seriously doubt anyone could have done beter. As far as his honesty is concerned I can't belive it's been questioned. What arseclown did that?

Whoever it was should attempt to grow a brain, pronto ... :roll: